Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK! LEFT CHEEK!
This game can be fun at times but it's shocking how bad some of the design is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

Fereydun posted:

Chris's campaign is ridiculously chaotic. You're always brushing by on the skin of your teeth through every scenario, usually with no health or ammo. The way the enemies in his campaign work too means that he gets to fight (I think? Haven't done Leon's campaign yet) the hardest enemies the most often too.

It's funny, because going through Jake's campaign as Sherry was pretty much a walk in the park since you could play like RE5 and always go for contextual melee stuff by headshotting/doing whatever. The sheer mass of enemies wasn't really there, nor was the danger of the monsters and stuff.

Overall I can definitely see folk's complaints with the game- it feels "off", like they missed a key factor in the feedback of attacking enemies. It feels like there's less precision and control in exchange for a more open system, but the system's feedback doesn't really match up to the quality of previous titles. I think they should've been stunned easier/have a more exaggerated animation, with larger hitsparks and blood splatters. Like RE5. However, if you can get past that the system is pretty fantastic- enemy variety is strong and campaigns seem to take on drastically different tones in terms of gameplay due to the difference in environments, enemy numbers, and enemy types.

It's hard to get a handle on the game quickly, which is actually a massive design problem. The lack of strong feedback for a lot of stuff means that you kind of feel like you're being dragged along wildly rather than controlling the pace of the fight.

edit: A problem that I think folks will have with the game is that enemies simply move "too fast", or that your bullet hitboxes are too small. Hitting enemies in specific parts becomes actually troublesome, and a major part of that is related to how they move around and how quickly they begin engaging you, unlike the past two games.
This sums up my problems with the game perfectly.

Systems_Id
Feb 16, 2005

:lol: @ Chapter 5 of Leon's campaign.