Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I really struggled with Leon's climbing due to his campaign being the first I played, and the only previous climbing was only for ten seconds or so (and you're on a ramp so you don't fall all the time).

Just finished Chris' campaign so I'm halfway through. The cover mechanics are kind of annoying but I didn't struggle too badly.

One tip for the final boss for those playing single player, though: to get electro-Piers killing the coccoon, aim at it and use the Go command (Up on the-dpad). Worked great for me, he'd only not zap him when he coccooned up on the crates.

Chris campaign ending spoiler: I really thought Piers was going to get out :smith:

One thing I'm surprised hasn't come up in this thread, mostly because I'm used to the internet being nitpicky as poo poo - noone's mentioned that Chris picks up a weapon in a flashback in Chapter 2, and then has it in Chapter 3 which takes place moments after Chapter 1... where he didn't have it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Vanrushal posted:

I like to think that after the flashback, Chris says to himself "Oh yeah, I used to have one of those!" and jacks a shotgun from one of the dudes in his squad, leaving him with only a handgun. No wonder Chris loses so many team mates.

"What's your name, son?" "My name? Why, it hasn't been mentioned yet, but ---"

"Then you won't be needing this" *takes shotgun*

I can see that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, seems like all the skippable from the start cutscenes and files that you unlock but can't read straight away are to make co-op flow a lot better. The files in this game are more fluff text than ever before really, there's no game-changing files (that I've found yet, anyway) like the two paths or Regenerator files in RE4.

Gonna start Jake's campaign tonight - I've done Leon and Chris so far. Wish me luck, general consensus is that his suuuuuuucks so bad :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Well, just finished Jake's campaign, a tale of unkillable bosses and QTEs. It certainly was the worst one so far, but I had fun with it in some parts. Chapter 2 was certainly the most frustrating and I died way more than in Leon or Chris' campaigns for sure.

It's so cheesy at the end though, I love it :haw:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Speaking of that section in Jake's campaign: how do you open that area behind the gate with a box and a couple of items? I got up to 14 ID medals and it still didn't open. I thought maybe the tank would shoot it open but that didn't work either.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

The eyes in his mouth and in his stomach. The eye in his mouth is tricky to hit because his roar stuns you, so you kinda have to let your partner bait him and stand far enough away to still be able to shoot. His stomach is also kind of dangerous to hit, since he has to be drat near on top of you. Slide, I guess.

Grenades and remote bombs are your best friend here. I remote bombed his stomach plenty and came away with lots of ammo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anybody got any tips on how to quickly and effectively deal with the "flying cloud of insect" enemies? I handled them okay in Chris' campaign but in Ada Chapter 1, especially near the end they were ruining my poo poo and I nearly ran out of all ammo.

I know you have to bring out the big bug and shoot that, but what works best on it?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thanks for the tips guys, I got unlucky the first time and one of those enemies spawned on the platform you needed to be on, made it a lot harder.

Ada's crossbow does annoy me though - just like the single shot grenade launcher if you have auto reload off the character doesn't reload it! You think there'd be an exception for one and done guns like that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExcL3hlBOU I wish this could be done with every RE character.

Isn't there a Leon one as well? Oh, and Krauser!

Yes, yes there is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqcfM8vEQpI

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright, finished Ada's campaign and have now finished the whole thing on normal. Must admit I was going into Ada's chapter 4 after reading some of the spoilers feeling :smug: but that was pretty hosed up.

My only regret is that despite playing online I can't seem to get the stars to align and to be able to help out another campaign :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo playing as the dogs in agent hunt are the loving worst. Worse tank controls than the first RE, holy poo poo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pizzatime posted:

Holding off playing it until we're done with RE2 again though - What's up with Leons A scenario being the non-canon one while Claires non-canon scenario is the B one? Anyway, is Code Veronica something to look forward to? Also, how's 3?

I guess since you're meant to play as Leon then Claire (or vise versa) and completing one character's A scenario opens the other character's B scenario, one A to B scenario had to be canon.

3 and Veronica both divide opinion among fans, I've found. Neither are universally loved, and both have parts that personally got on my nerves. However, 3 does some interesting things with split paths, and Veronica for it's time was the best looking Resident Evil game yet. It was the first one I completed, too (I was a humongous Dreamcast fanboy).

Anyway, on another note I heard mention of character specific emblems in Resi 6 - I've completed the campaigns as Leon, Chris and Jake without getting all their emblems, are there any particular examples of this I should look out for playing as Helena, Piers and Sherry or is it a case where the character specific ones are actually for those characters?

I only missed one of the Ada___________ campaign emblems but it's the last one in Chapter 1 and I can't be bothered going through that stealth section again, especially on a higher difficulty. It sucks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tremors posted:

If you want to follow a guide, here's the one I used. http://www.ign.com/blogs/simalcrum Piers, Sherry, and Jake are the ones with a few emblems only they can get.

That looks good, thanks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I learnt about the healing tablet refill from the loading screens, but one important note: it only works when you have no tablets. Pressing R2+Square/X while you have tablets does nothing for you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thievery posted:

It does work when you have tablets and I am 100% sure on this. The timing is just VERY strict, if you do it wrong you'll just eat a tablet.

Ah sorry about that, that would explain it. My timing must just suck then :downs:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thievery posted:

Uh there's a bit where you fight a giant zombie T-Rex.

And when you do enough damage to the T-Rex and it becomes vulnerable, rather than shoot the guy Leon or Ada depending on where you are simply jumps on him (he's now back in human form) and you have a QTE for punching him repeatedly in the face. Awesome.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Trico posted:

And at least one final boss battle will be drat near impossible Chris' campaign because your AI partner won't do what he's loving supposed to

Did you use the commands (e.g. aim at the boss and hold down O on PS3) to tell him to attack? You can't attack the boss when he's on top of the crates, but when I did that boss single player it was done pretty fast that way.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Upgrade defence and zombie killer if you can. Defence will obviously help with your damage issues and being able to kill the zombies quicker is never a bad idea.

Just a caveat with zombie killer though (enemy spoiler?): they don't show up much in the other 3 campaigns, so J'avo killer is better value for money.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Have there been any decent bow guns in this series? Ada's gets on my nerve in RE6, it's not powerful enough to be a one shotter. And in mercenaries it's a complete waste of space.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That competitive mode could be completely hit or miss depending on the players and how well they've playtested it. Like the look of the other two, though. Playing as Ustanak would be pretty fun (hopefully).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I did it with the AI and found it really easy, so shooting the other car must be a big part of it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Has anybody participated in any of those residentevil.net events? I've tried for a couple but the last one didn't count my score :mad:

Anyway, there's a team based one coming up - anyone interested? I think you just get two team members and you have a cumulative score: http://residentevil.net/en/playstation/event-21.html

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Relin posted:

Are there cheevos connected to No Hope? My co-op partner doesn't want to play through past Professional. Also, are the costumes unlockable on re.net the same as the ones available in game?

According to PS3Trophies there are no new trophies with this update. However you do get double skill points in No Hope mode.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

RageBeef posted:

It's 15 million kills, but even that's quite doable. The event runs for 10 days and if everyone got a minimum of 100 kills per day then it would only require 15000 people to reach the goal. I'm also going to assume that these costumes are probably the retro costumes that were found out long ago.

It's actually 50 million, but things are going well at just under 40 mil (38979665 to be precise). I'm ranked 11654 :shobon:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Must be different for Playstation and Xbox then?

Here's what I see:

and:

Since you select Playstation or Xbox before you login they must be separate events. Makes sense, I guess.

Also there must be way more Playstation users killin' a lot more zombies :smug:

Azran posted:

I did like 3 Mercenaries runs in Urban Chaos, and I'm still listed as having no Zombie kills. :(

Could be a couple of things - make sure data upload is on in your options menu for starters, and you can actually hit a synchronise button on the site to get your latest scores since they only sync data once a day otherwise.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If you ditch the Hydra won't that stop the ammo from spawning? I'm in Chapter 4 as Helena and she gets way too many guns - who needs two different types of shotgun?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Crowetron posted:

Why are you not doing Hydra-break-dancing quick shots 100% of the time any way?

I did just unlock the longer combat gauge skill - perhaps this is what I should be doing.

Got a whole bunch of skill points doing Urban Chaos for that zombie challenge, sadly it looks like you don't even get the skill points if you die. I'm getting pretty good at Mercenaries except when it comes time for Bloodshot-o'clock. If you go down at that point you are as good as hosed if you are playing solo.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh, I certainly know about the counters and on my day can get quite a bit of extra time from it. Problem is by that point if I haven't been watching my health closely one missed counter I'm on the ground with 6+ bloodshots swarming me!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Hey let's have the Leon player do all the work while Helena watches from a window and occasionally shoots a zombie or two.

This game man I swear, Leon Campaign done, on to the other I guess.

Gotta agree with you here. Just finished going through Leon's campaign as Helena (just for something different and to get all the emblems) and the "sniper support" section for Helena is boring as batshit - you run out of sniper ammo nice and fast, too. At least the com players didn't take too long to beat the boss in that part.

And my reward for all emblems in Leon's campaign? Well, the action figure you unlock at the bottom right at least: Deborah Harper chained up in her chair. Whoopee.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hopefully whatever changes are in the gold edition are available as updates/DLC for us regular edition scrubs. I believe RE5 Gold was just all the dlc bundled up.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cyra posted:

Anyone have any idea what this new "creature level" is on the website? Related to agent hunt maybe?

That's exactly it. Although don't some of the new modes also have humans as enemies?

I unlocked my EX3 costume last night, and while they look different (tee hee, they have no proper waists) it still has the same loadout as the other alternate costumes. So that's 4 separate costumes, but only 2 separate loadouts (per character). This is some bullshit, Capcom :mad:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I do hope Helena comes back - I enjoyed her voice acting.

What concerns me about RE7 is that teaser after beating all the campaigns - unless that's for possible DLC? They could ignore it of course, but why put it in if that's not the plan for the next setting/game?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Just grabbed the latest map pack (Rooftop Mission and Creature Workshop) and they're not bad. Rooftop is another zombie mission, while Workshop has tons of elevated platforms making for easy knock-off kills. The animation of the fish outside the Workshop level is loving lazy though, just countless fish rotating around the level at varying speeds.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doesn't hurt that all the files describing her "creation" are some of the most disturbing in the series. Your imagination is building her up before you even see her.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

catlord posted:

I do though, it just doesn't pause.

Even in single player the inventory/menu/skills thing doesn't pause - hitting start just gets you a generic pause.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Love that he shakes his hand like it hurt to punch, rather than grasping his biceps in agony due to the sheer strength needed to knock that big fucker a couple of feet in the air.

Question for Crowetron and the thread: Ustanak: worthy follow up to Nemesis or poor man's version?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bonaventure posted:

'cause Rastafaris are awful zero-threat enemies that you can just waltz past, making those sections really, really boring.

Did you feel like that the first time, though? My first encounter with them was terrifying, but subsequent ones were as you said. Perhaps they shouldn't have been used in each campaign.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Edit: oops, double post.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So I've just started playing Revelations (campaign) and I have yet to get a X prompt. I've been shooting the bad guys in the big gross spiky hands, but no luck. I stagger them by shooting them there and run up but just get walloped. I've only just completed Chapter 1 - is this one of those stupid things where I can't do it until a tutorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ah, that'd be the problem. They're staggering but not stunned. Thanks!