Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

SixtySix posted:

I'm doing my first playthrough of RE5 on PC, does anyone wanna partner up? I tried grouping up with pubbies and it's all folks with infinite grenades running ahead of me and clearing out the levels that they obviously memorized. Any non-MLG quickscope goons wanna try a runthrough? I'm on 3-2 I think, with the swampboats and the broken seals.

Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/OnionBro

GFWL: AaarghMyKDRatio

Sure, I'm down.

Steam: http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/BrassTax

GFWL: iNomChicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Compared to the lackluster treatment of RE5 on PC, this (along with the nice preorder bonuses) make me super-tempted to pre-order this game. It's only $40, too, which surprises me; I expected them to price this at $50-$60.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Okay, I just pre-ordered RE6. It's probably bad that it was L4D2 + Steamworks that sold me.

I can't take the storyline seriously at all, right? Please tell me it's dumb enough so I don't have to take it seriously, but not so dumb that I'm going to cringe at it.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Chris' campaign isn't fun. You often can't close the distance between J'avo for melee and guns don't feel particularly strong, even with higher-leveled firearms levels. Not to mention Chapter 3 is just really, really goddamn frustrating.

The chapter length is really jarring in comparison to Resident Evil 5, and I actually miss RE5's inventory system/stockpiling as well.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

We should put it in the OP: If you're playing this on a PC with a controller, play Chris' campaign with a mouse :v:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

There's one thing about RE6's plot that I never got. Spoilers just in case: When Carla gets shot and killed on the aircraft carrier and drops her case, there's three slots for syringes. One she gave to some J'avo to inject Simmons with, one Piers took and later uses it to transform and save Chris from Haos, but what about the third one? Was it used for Ustanak, or is that just never brought up?

Ada mode spoilers: She used it on herself and became the wall of Carla.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Lunethex posted:

I'm pretty sure she used that third one on Simmons, you saw that random J'avo just approach him with that same injection gun and fire it at him before it was killed by his MiB bodyguards. Carla for all we know was infected this entire time or probably used something on herself earlier, because she was in no position to inject herself with anything and you never actually see the vial with her, but for some reason she still prances around with the gun she fired at Marco :v: But yeah, she was already a creature of the C-Virus, and if she used it on herself then she'd have immediately transformed, her death probably just triggered whatever was latent. I forget if any of this is in the files though.

First one was used on Simmons. Second was taken by Piers. When Ada approaches her body initially, you can see the third one rolling from her hand as she releases it just before she transforms.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

Jesus Christ @ Lady Hunk and Rachael Ooze :stare:

Did Capcom hire a modder from the Awful Game Mods thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

I haven't played RE4 yet so this is pretty much perfect.