Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Lookin' for some hot stuff, baby this evenin'

I need some hot stuff, baby tonight

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I do think it's a remarkably impressive feat in how much the RE2 remake is basically the same game as the original except translated upwards into modern game design.

Like, through my rose-tinted glasses, the original game basically WAS what we got here. RE2 Remake is the game that rose-tint on the original creates in your head. And it's very impressive how smooth the mental shift feels for it.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Interesting fact brought brought up about Resident Evil 2 remake in this DMC5 vid - for DMC5 and RE2 they actually used costumed live models who they 3D-scanned and made character models out of. According to the capcom guy here, it lets them achieve a level of subtle detail you don't see in most other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biTDO9bfUYs

I'm thinking they also used this technique for Resident Evil 7.