Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So is it possible to mod the gamecube soundtrack back into the HD Remaster yet?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

My favorite rendition:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Well. I sure as hell hear it now. Cripes, that's a bit.. unsubtle.

I had my fingers crossed for this to be the only modern port of a classic game that didn't gently caress something crucial up, but nope. :sigh:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Renoistic posted:

Any tips for RE2? I just beat RE and this game seems a lot harsher. I've made it to the station but the hallways are SWARMING with zombies. Shooting them all seems like a bad idea and it seems impossible to dodge them without doing the get bitten/shove them routine.

Also, I didn't expect lickers to show up that early!

If internet speed runs have taught me anything, acting cautious and smart in an RE game makes it much harder. It's like they're designed to created difficulty based on your natural instincts in a tense/horror situation. Go in guns blazing and ignore everything you possibly can and you'll break the games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

This is honestly true of most survival horror games I've played. Rushing headlong into danger like a jackass proves remarkably effective in games of this nature.

It's kind of genius to me. The game knows you're not going to do that because you're too tense. So they design the combat around you being a scared weenie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It always bugs me a little how various NPCs get ahead of you in these games. "Bitch I had to fight a bunch of fire-breathing steel dragons to grab this stone piece from an undisturbed chest to open this door, HOW THE HELL did you get in here before me?" It's a common videogame trope, but every RE game has a lot of it.

Hey, Wesker had to shoot those 2 bees.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Renoistic posted:

I never played 5 or Revelations - but have the characters been experimented on or something? Leon was a pretty bad-rear end action hero in 4 but in this game he is practically super-human.

The games have been gradually turning into those awful Paul WS Anderson movies for a while now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I know the original Revelations had this model in japan. It's a shame, too, because I would have liked that game a lot more if it was just uninterrupted exploration of the boat, RE1 style, instead of constantly stopping for chapter breaks/cutaways to other characters with their own inventories and bigger guns.

I mean obviously a lot of that was to accommodate their version of Mercenaries, which is really fun, but still.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I only recently got around to playing Revelations and it was pretty fun but it was after I finished Remake so the whole time I just kept thinking how great a setting that ship would have been for classic style RE game.

Exactly. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wanderer posted:

No, it didn't. The episodic plot structure was a nod to a specific kind of Japanese drama, but it was always a traditional disc/cartridge release.

Oh.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

You know, that brings up an interesting idea. I would play the poo poo out of a remaster version of RE1 where the combat was more like RE4-5.

I almost threw up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Sounds like every GiantBomb Quick Look.

I think they just do it to annoy people.

I'm convinced putting a camera on someone playing a video game makes their IQ drop 70 points.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ah, RE4. The game so good it ruined the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rikimaru posted:

Those let you see them???

God drat it!

This reminds me of when my friend realized flash bombs wreck Las Plagas in RE4. He'd beaten the game twice.