Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Her and xosar can twist my knobs if u know what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

Avalon Emerson is a boss.

TBH as far as techno and house go all my fave DJs these days are women. Rebekah, Kraviz, Black Madonna, maybe the only dude that makes my top five is Cosmin TRG.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Gonna see Rebekah again next weekend :yayclod:

Dasha Rush, Paula Temple, Eclair Fifi, Helena Hauff, and Veronica Vasicka for me. And hey that's cool seeing varied style preferences on techno/house on everyone posting.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I got to know Avalon a little bit a few years back because she's good friends with a good friend of mine. She's a really kind and decent person and is super chill and works real hard so it's awesome to see her getting more and more popular. She's a killer DJ and also loves Carl Craig.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Rebekah in H-town was great, Liebing in A-town in a few days is gonna be great, also the Awakenings 2017 Day 1 Area Y poo poo on be-at is pretty great too. Great stuff. The best stuff!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Lol at Chris Liebing 3 hour "extended" set.

Yeah Rebekah was loving sick! I like how the promoter used 2 of Gritsy's bass bins and I wish they'd posted set times. Sitting through all that playa/Ibiza tech house before she went on nearly put me to sleep.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Sebastian Mullaert linked a couple hours of sickness the other day. I'm pretty much a mix-only listener. He hasn't done anything for a while so this is a real treat..

Too bad it's only streamed for a month :smith:

http://bit.ly/RDMA-SebastianMullaert

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/superdeluxevideo/videos/493035697707652/

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Outstanding

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a Planet Rhythm night at berghain this weekend! :love:

I grew up in Holland and I lived in Rotterdam, where I would often go to Planet Rhythm parties... its gonna be cool to see those guys at berghain. Check the label out if you dont know it, its good.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=6402

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone at Dekmental? Unforgettable Thursday and Friday nights already. Even with all the clashes :emo:

Phuong-dan played a killer set after Nina kravis @ selectors stage.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I don't really know where to post this, since the Aphex Twin thread is archived.
http://www.npr.org/sections/thereco...ontent=20170804

That record store pictured is 4 blocks from my house, and I had no idea there was an exclusive Aphex Twin album there. Thanks to the article I've at least got a heads up on the new Madlib, but Mr. James has been one of my favorites for 25 years now, and Madlib just doesn't have that cache in my heart.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know its more minimal but I've been listening to a ton of Barac's productions and sets lately. His new release on Lick My Deck is wicked. (you can check out samples here https://soundcloud.com/lmdrecordings/barac-sapte-numarul-magic?in=lmdrecordings/sets/barac-pata-din-mijlocul)

Reminds me of 2010

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Boris Brejcha is coming to my town lol wtf how the gently caress did that happen

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sludge Tank posted:

Boris Brejcha is coming to my town lol wtf how the gently caress did that happen

I saw him a couple of times here in Berlin OP, and it was a good set everytime.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

forgot to thank you for this sick loving track, so here I am.

A very belated you're welcome. Here's another sick track I just heard in a Naveen G mix

Internacional Electrical Rhythms - War Of The Worlds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC095gFonJ4

Also here's a dub techno mix I did recently. I think dub is mainly my jam because I am old. My favorite artist/dj is probably Luigi Tozzi, who has some great mixes on soundcloud which tend to have some ambient added in as well. Anyway -

https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/deeptech

textural being - tides pt. 1
van bonn - remote II
dp-6 - cricket
luigi tozzi - dryad
donato dozzy - the night rider
marco shuttle - sing like a bird (reprise)
sebastian mullaert - samunnati
aril brikha + sebastian mullaert - radiate
deadbeat - deep space
discordia - dub
dub taylor - urban silence I
donato dozzy - aurora

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 18, 2018

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Thanks for the tips.
Mix looks like a very nice selection. Will listen tomorrow.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

actionjackson posted:

Also here's a dub techno mix I did recently. I think dub is mainly my jam because I am old. My favorite artist/dj is probably Luigi Tozzi, who has some great mixes on soundcloud which tend to have some ambient added in as well. Anyway -

https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/deeptech

textural being - tides pt. 1
van bonn - remote II
dp-6 - cricket
luigi tozzi - dryad
donato dozzy - the night rider
marco shuttle - sing like a bird (reprise)
sebastian mullaert - samunnati
aril brikha + sebastian mullaert - radiate
deadbeat - deep space
discordia - dub
dub taylor - urban silence I
donato dozzy - aurora

this is really good, cheers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

this is really good, cheers

Hey, glad you like it! I've been getting more into the chill stuff lately, though I still don't really get what "leftfield" techno is. It's like dub but somehow more chill?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Here's some good dub/"leftfield"/chill techno mixes I've been digging on soundcloud

Luigi Tozzi - PNPTCN Podcast 003

Neel - RA 601

Luigi Tozzi - IA Mix 265

Lux - Smoke Machine Podcast 124

Garcon - Smoke Machine Podcast 121

Marco Shuttle - OHM

Roberto Clementi - Folklor Club (Lausanne)

In conclusion, Italy owns

colonp
Apr 21, 2007
Hi!
I am enjoying Derrick May @ Boiler Room right now!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Did another mix tonight, similar vibe to the last, with a bit of ambient and electro thrown in

https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/deeptech-ii

tracklist:

quote:

Biosphere - Poa Alpina (Biophon)
Shuttle358 - Spiff (12K)
Grand River - Flies (Spazio Disponibile)
Modern Heads - Beginning (Claudio PRC remix) (Outis)
Marco Shuttle - Danza Cenitica (Spazio Disponibile)
Mike Parker - Inversion 6 (Donato Dozzy remix) (Geophone)
Luigi Tozzi - Calipso (Outis)
Dino Sabatini & Edit Select - Euterpe (Outis)
Dino Sabatini - Modulation A (Outis)
Marco Shuttle - I Fail, You Fall (Spazio Disponibile)
Crossing Avenue - Rimbalzo (Spazio Disponibile)
Bas Ror - Grief (Data Leak)
S>>D - Kill Screen (Central Processing Unit)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

You guys check this one out yet

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BWV posted:

You guys check this one out yet

lol

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

actionjackson posted:

Here's some good dub/"leftfield"/chill techno mixes I've been digging on soundcloud

Luigi Tozzi - PNPTCN Podcast 003

In conclusion, Italy owns

This loving owns

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://soundcloud.com/electrix-records/electrix-podcast-008-zeta-reticulaumek-live-melkweg-nl-electro-dj-set

Pretty nasty

track at 30 min (zeta reticula - reticulum) is insane

breaks
May 12, 2001

Man last I heard Umek he was firmly in commercial tech house territory, nice to hear him getting back to some gnarly poo poo.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

https://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=617 Wata please :aaaaa:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Last weekend I saw Zip, Sammy Dee, Chris Liebing, Luciano, Cassy, DJ Three and a lot of other DJs. It was a good week.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weaponized Cum posted:

Last weekend I saw Zip, Sammy Dee, Chris Liebing, Luciano, Cassy, DJ Three and a lot of other DJs. It was a good week.

Zip is one of my favorite djs op. I go to the get perlonized night every month and he's always the best.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

oliwan posted:

Zip is one of my favorite djs op. I go to the get perlonized night every month and he's always the best.

yeah I've seen him every time he's been in town. He brought superlongevity to Miami which was doooope

here are the full lineups from last week in case anyone gives a poo poo

not a lot of svper vndergrovnd poo poo but it was so much loving fun

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

This set is absolutely killer. :popeye: Thank you for sharing.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Did anyone go to Movement/after parties this year? I haven't been able to make it the past two years but I regret not driving in just for the no way back party.

also I've completely fallen back (again) into mid 2000s minimal. what is my problem listening to full Isolee albums.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Discwoman and Boiler Room had a day party and that was a blast. El Club was a great venue, killer sets by Umfang and Jayda G. Fave set at the festival was Avalon Emerson. Where are my keys party at Marble Bar was house music for the entire lineup but it more or less seems to have replaced Old Miami now.

I think if I go back to Detroit, it'll be for years when Soul Skate is happening. Afters on those years seem to be far better than the actual festival, hell I spent 3 nights in a row at Tangent Gallery.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gonna see skee mask at Berghain this weekend :slick:

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

BWV posted:

Did anyone go to Movement/after parties this year? I haven't been able to make it the past two years but I regret not driving in just for the no way back party.

also I've completely fallen back (again) into mid 2000s minimal. what is my problem listening to full Isolee albums.

i showed up at midnight for nwb and stayed for almost the whole thing. it was a lot better this year than in the past times i've gone imo - better scheduled, better music, better crowd... plus they had a monitor stack out in the courtyard. the ticketing seemed to be an issue again though... all that said i probably won't go next year

modern cathedrals on friday was nice and intimate. anastasia kristensen threw down a really inspiring set, made me want to change my whole approach

discwoman day party on saturday was awesome although i only saw umfang and jayda g but jayda's set was maybe the best of the weekend. discwoman night party was kind of a wash though. juana built up some great energy but they scheduled moor mother and puce mary after her and it kind of killed the whole party. i wanted to see josey rebelle but she was on at 2 and we were party hopping

club toilet was a blast like always but i can't help but feel like it's just becoming a good regular-rear end party than an incredible queer-centric one like it has been in the past. it's always nice to see my friends play though.

nwb was great as mentioned but i left just as patrick russell was starting because i needed to rest and check out of my hotel room. i went back to tangent for a bit for the hot mass day party which was great but unfortunately had to leave before titonton went on

good time all around but i think i'm gonna switch it up next year because this is the third year in a row i went to all the same parties. i desperately want to go to soul skate but i can't skate well enough for it to be worth it...

also nobody should shame you for listening to minimal

poob
Nov 1, 2016

Radio Spiricom posted:

i showed up at midnight for nwb and stayed for almost the whole thing. it was a lot better this year than in the past times i've gone imo - better scheduled, better music, better crowd... plus they had a monitor stack out in the courtyard. the ticketing seemed to be an issue again though... all that said i probably won't go next year

modern cathedrals on friday was nice and intimate. anastasia kristensen threw down a really inspiring set, made me want to change my whole approach

discwoman day party on saturday was awesome although i only saw umfang and jayda g but jayda's set was maybe the best of the weekend. discwoman night party was kind of a wash though. juana built up some great energy but they scheduled moor mother and puce mary after her and it kind of killed the whole party. i wanted to see josey rebelle but she was on at 2 and we were party hopping

club toilet was a blast like always but i can't help but feel like it's just becoming a good regular-rear end party than an incredible queer-centric one like it has been in the past. it's always nice to see my friends play though.

nwb was great as mentioned but i left just as patrick russell was starting because i needed to rest and check out of my hotel room. i went back to tangent for a bit for the hot mass day party which was great but unfortunately had to leave before titonton went on

good time all around but i think i'm gonna switch it up next year because this is the third year in a row i went to all the same parties. i desperately want to go to soul skate but i can't skate well enough for it to be worth it...

also nobody should shame you for listening to minimal

Sort of new to SA but lol, I feel like there is a good chance we know each other, especially with you saying it's nice to see all your friends play at club t.

NWB was another mind melter this year. I am deeply convinced that it is the best executed party on the planet. Either way, Movement is like the most proud I ever feel to be American. Always come home so fueled for the year to come

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oliwan posted:

Gonna see skee mask at Berghain this weekend :slick:

His track backcountry is pretty awesome

Some ambient techno - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZZos44bCA

Nice chill acid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPGPAGMjlcY

Also apparently Donato Dozzy has an acid album coming out in July

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41964

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

gonna check out Vakula this weekend should be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, me and my gf live in Berlin and we like techno (well, and also house). However, she's in New York now for work, and I'm flying there this weekend to stay for about two weeks. We'd like to check out some techno/ house related stuff, see how the scene compares to Berlin etc. Is there anywhere in particular we could go? Any tips appreciated :) :) :)

oliwan fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 26, 2018