Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Oh hey there fellow tech/techno lovers!

Here is my latest mix Lemme know if any of you would like a DL link!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Stacey Pullen or Sasha tomorrow night, cant decide. Pullen absolutely destroyed in Detroit but I mean, Sasha.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Got on the list for Pullen, and its 21+ instead of 18+ at Sasha so it looks like thats it for me. I'll also agree that Sasha is hit or miss. I saw him with Diggers in Miami at the Ultra afterparty a few years ago and it was incredible, then saw the two of them at Red Rocks and it was the most boring set ever, I had to leave because I felt so bad about hyping it to my friends who all spent $60 a ticket.

I'll report back about Pullen!

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Ret posted:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
This... it's amazing/awesome how cheap and well organized the festival is. I wound up spending way more on parties

Dirty Bird Party - Justin Martin, Claude VonStroke, Eats Everything, J.Phlip, Worthy - $15 $2 PBR woo

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?359230 was an overpriced cluster gently caress but had it not been the lineup was nuts

There was a circo loco party that sounded nuts, Seth Troxlers annual bbq was definitely cool, poo poo show a hot creations party. I guess it's not any different from what happens in Miami or other festivals (?) but drat it's cheap.

I am going to do everything in my power to go back next year.

$30 seems like the most I'd be willing to pay

Ugh the rare form clusterfuck was the low point of demf for me. They were completely unorganized.

And while it happens in Miami too, the crowd is 1000x better at demf, even got to meet Mr troxler. Buy demf tickets as soon as they go on sale, and if you can afford it, the VIP is well worth the price.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

William Lee posted:

I'll never forget this intro to Paul Oakenfold's essential mix. It's somehow been a running joke between a friend and I for 13 years.

I spent years hunting down that Blondie remix.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Here are two new mixes out of me, the first is a taxi ride which is something we did as a multi dj project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rVkACHBhW0

The rest of the cab ride vids are super cool too, check em out

and the second being my latest radio show mix, set to a Denver timelapse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3r05cmjnM

That DC10 closing party looks absolutely insane, though one thing that I wonder is if Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Shaun Reeves and Lee Curtiss are all going to do individual sets or do the group thing as Visionquest?

Old Man Pants fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 4, 2012

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

HTML5 posted:

DEMF phase 1 line-up announced. How good is this going to be? I'm fully hyped

I've gone the last two years, and it was loving awesome. Protip: The VIP tickets are far and away well worth the money if you can afford them.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Looks like me and another goon buddy will be working the digitally imported booth weekend 1, come by and say hi!

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

It will be inside Ultra as one of the vendor tents. I'm not Ultras biggest fan either, but DI has helped me gain a bunch of followers, and all the guys that work there are super cool people. For free, I can't complain about a weekend in Miami.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Just saw Capriati last weekend and he was excellent, and I am jealous you get to see Carter. He absolutely murdered it in Detroit last year.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Gettin to see Green Velvet tonight, Maya Jane Coles next Saturday, I love this city.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

NYC?

Ewan pearson is the best thing about that MJC night by a loving distance.

Denver.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

air- posted:

Anyone going to DEMF/Movement? I booked a room at MGM and I'm looking for people to split with. Planning to fly in Saturday, leave Tuesday.

I have gone the last two years, and sadly cannot go this year because weddings are expensive. If you see a bunch of people wearing animal heads, those are my friends (they saw my horse head and immediately bandwagoned into a loving zoo of animal heads). Buy some etymotic earplugs, you WILL need them.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

88h88 posted:

Sneak seems to want to talk poo poo about a lot of people... Why is that? Dude just bored on twitter or what?

At one point I thought it was him standing up for what he thought, but now it's just him taking pot shots at whoever has ben in the news most recently. It feels a lot more like "look at me, I'm still relevant!" than anything else now. Same as when any other popular "Vinyl DJ" stirs the whole stupid rear end format debate up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

graph posted:

I've been turned off by Dubfire's 'production' since I found out Matt Nordstrom ghostwrites all his stuff.

Ugh. As someone who has spent a decent chunk of time learning to make music, hearing about big name artists using a ghostwriter disgusts me. These people are pulling in huge money through their bookings, music sales etc, and can't even be bothered to write the music they are putting their name on? They don't even have to go to a regular 9-5 like most of the people I know producing music do.