Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Been on an analog tip lately and a really good 12" just dropped from the Ruf Kutz camp out of Manchester. This track stood out for me, has a nice, warm vibe to it.

Preston Brooks - Flex http://youtu.be/iu2uZtPP3Jc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

What a hater. Wonder what Sneak's response would be?

You show 'em, boy.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Been digging this DJ TLR mix for the past few hours. Most of The Trilogy Tapes mixes/tapes are very good (and most of them aren't available digitally), but this one really hit the spot. The perfect blend of that Creme Organization flair and excellent mixing.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

AKP posted:

post your favourite tools

Couldn't find it on Youtube, but the instrumental of Round Three - Acting Crazy is one of my favorite tools ever. Works perfectly in a lot of mixes, could be playing a deep house set and then throw this track in, pitch it up and start playing more aggressive techno tunes. My all time favorite Maurizio tool is probably M4.5, which still goes hard today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KjKTvsNVo8

Another sweet one (I sadly couldn't find) is Bjorn Torske's & Crystal Bois mix of As'besto that's quite literally called DeeJay Tool. It's quite hard to come by, but has a great melodic pattern in it that blends easily.

A more recent tool I really like (that leans more on the house side) is ItaloJohnson 06 A1. The synth that kicks in around 2:30 just totally does it for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ADONuE4BU

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
http://youtu.be/Wo9GUw95X8Q

Pretty solid & new dub techno-ish cuts from the Ruf Kutz camp. Really digging the track called Redlamp 10a, gonna pick this one up.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Really liking this TTT cut, touches of Vereker/Willie Burns/whatever fast-paced, analog, lo-fi techno artist seems to be all the rage these days.

Rezzett - Firebomb

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

AKP posted:

thats pretty much it.. can anyone recommend me some labels to check out?

Looks like you might like the series of Sex Tags labels (Mania, UFO, Wania) or the L.I.E.S. offshoot Russian Torrent Versions. There's also some similar sounding stuff on a new label called Going Good, but it's only got 3 releases out as of now. Anyway, in addition to that, these might be worth checking out: Creme Organization, Viewlexx, Apron, Workshop, Dixon Avenue Basement Jams, 7777, Ruf Kutz, The Trilogy Tapes, Clone, FIT, Berceuse Heroique or for some older stuff, scour the back catalogs of Dance Mania, Transmat, Rocking House or Red Planet/UR.

Anyway, L.I.E.S. is still on point and is probably my label of the year again, kicking last few releases including a great 12" from Entro Senestre, but this high-BPM track from Voiski has really been doing it for me.

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Greg Beato has been killing it all year so far & his latest drop on Apron is anything but insane. Raw, pounding kicks and some sick 303 work + an utmost recommendation from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

net work error posted:

Anyone have a favorite site for old sets? I know the Rave Archive on the Internet Archive has some stuff but I was looking for some other places.

Just pick a few DJs you like and go on Mixesdb.