Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Great stuff. I am glad I ran across this thread. That CC mix is pretty intense and brings back memories of going to Miami for the Winter Music Conference when I was younger and could handle carrying on for days with 45 minutes of sleep and jumping from party to party.

If I may contribute, this is a Sander Kleinenberg mix, a few years old but something I enjoy listening to still.

Sander Kleinenberg - Saturday Night Sessions 2009

If you use Mixcloud at all, look up Umek's podcast, he has some good stuff. Also Tocadisco (Tocacabana podcast), Peter Luts, Kaiserdisco.. thank you *insert favorite deity here* for Audacity and the ability to record stream.

Longtiem posted:

CLaude von Stroke is literally a genius, for the record.

and he has a really interesting Essential Mix from back in 2007 that is worth a listen.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus H. this reminds me of my clubbing days of old..

Thanks for that list Infinity and those two links breaks..

Speaking of two bad mice, you two surely remember 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare.

some others from back in the day
Rachel Wallace - Tell Me Why

or Awesome 3 -Don't Go

Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out

Krome & Time - The Slammer

good times.. I need a mix of this poo poo so I can sit back and remember really good times.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

actionjackson posted:

Mine aren't very house-y, more dub techno but I posted my latest one earlier in the thread

Another https://soundcloud.com/scott-jackson/scott-jackson-deep-05

Aepiel - Aves
Fabio Scalabroni - Stoned Bird
Dom Dumoulin - Gone
SCSI-9 - Alphaville
Squarepeg - Beyond The Wall
Flux - Anexxe 001
Neshproject - Thrilled
Jay Tripwire - Loveage (Negru Remix)
Acumen - Attitude
Deemod - Back

I have all my mixes archived on mixcloud if you want any more

Nice mix, I enjoyed that one.. thanks for sharing.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Iron Leg posted:

Do any of you guys follow music in the burning man scene? It's a little off the beaten path, but there's been a big trend the last few years towards deeper, more techy, more minimalistic sounds, especially as the crowd trends later and later in the evening and into the sunrise. Great for the open desert. One of the big crews that this thread might be into is Robot Heart: https://soundcloud.com/robot-heart

Thanks for the link.. I am really digging the Yentalbeats mix but I will give them all a listen. This one reminds me a lot of what I have heard Lee Burridge or Lawler play when I have seen them at Winter Music Conference.

Listened to Khoury's mix as well, good one!

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 9, 2013

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not bad at all, I see what you mean by changing it up after the first couple of tracks. As mentioned before the transitions sounded smooth and overall consistent throughout. A lot of people do not like mixes that sound like one long track but I like em. It did not sound overly dark though but maybe what you consider dark is different than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Firaga posted:

Hey thread, I recently played out and recorded a set I'm quite proud of.

I recorded this on an S4 running through a Xone mixer, and I used the Xone's filters for a lot of my buildups and sweeps, which unfortunately did not record. I used the Traktor filters when I needed to filter a single track, but otherwise my hand was on those sweet sweet Xone filters all night.

That being said, I had a wicked time, and I'm sharing that with you! Complete with managed levels and a tracklist with labels. Can you tell what my favourite labels are?? :)

Some old favourites, some new favourites, lots of acid, lots of techno.

I love a good techno set, thanks for sharing that. What a shame the Xone filters did not come through but regardless of that it I enjoyed listening to it. Once Plastikman, Lemon 8 and Green Velvet kicked in that sealed it for me. Those three are cemented on my all-time favorites list and Flash is probably top five all-time favorties across genres.