Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
hello my friends. after all these years I found out that there's a music subforum and also a techno thread. cool! well anyway, I'm oliwan and I live in Berlin, and I go to berghain a lot. cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

air- posted:

Post some stories!

I'm mostly curious about when people talk about going for Sunday brunch, that time of day sounds ideal.

Labyrinth converted me and I'm all about techno during daylight now.

Well, what would you like to hear?

I also frequent other clubs, of course, such as Kater Blau, Sisyphos, about blank, Kosmonaut, Golden Gate, Rummels Bucht, Griessmühle, Hopetosse, etc to name a few. I don't know if there are any other berlinposters in this thread, but i'm happy to talk about the berlin clubbing scene in general too!

Coming back to techno during daylight: yes, its very good, although berghain is not really the place to enjoy the sun. lots of clubs have outside areas where you can enjoy the sun much better during the day (and many of them are open saturday through monday), which can be really good - especially during the summer when it gets very hot in berlin... and VERY loving hot inside the clubs.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hello everyone, sorry forgot to post and then I got banned :)

Mini trip report:

Went to Panorama Bar on Friday where Ben Klock and Marcel Dettmann played. They do that once a year (in P bar I mean, they obviously play downstairs at Berghain normally).

It was insanely good. Went in around midnight because I thought Ben Klock was doing the opening (he wasn't, a guy called Nitam did 00.00 - 03.00), and stayed till about 14:00, when Ben was STILL playing. What a legend.

There was lots of b2b, but Ben played most of the time. It was cool to hear his interpretation of the tech house you usually get at P Bar. A little harder, a little rawer. Everyone had a good time and was enjoying these guys in the small surroundings of the P Bar. Klock even poured drinks into the glasses of the people dancing at the console :3

Oh, went to see Andreas Henneberg at Sisyphos the week before, which was really good too!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

i don't have any experience with this personally, but i do think I have seen people being turned away with pre booked tickets. however, I imagine this only happens in extreme cases with a ticketed event!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a Planet Rhythm night at berghain this weekend! :love:

I grew up in Holland and I lived in Rotterdam, where I would often go to Planet Rhythm parties... its gonna be cool to see those guys at berghain. Check the label out if you dont know it, its good.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/record-label.aspx?id=6402

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sludge Tank posted:

Boris Brejcha is coming to my town lol wtf how the gently caress did that happen

I saw him a couple of times here in Berlin OP, and it was a good set everytime.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

BWV posted:

You guys check this one out yet

lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weaponized Cum posted:

Last weekend I saw Zip, Sammy Dee, Chris Liebing, Luciano, Cassy, DJ Three and a lot of other DJs. It was a good week.

Zip is one of my favorite djs op. I go to the get perlonized night every month and he's always the best.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gonna see skee mask at Berghain this weekend :slick:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, me and my gf live in Berlin and we like techno (well, and also house). However, she's in New York now for work, and I'm flying there this weekend to stay for about two weeks. We'd like to check out some techno/ house related stuff, see how the scene compares to Berlin etc. Is there anywhere in particular we could go? Any tips appreciated :) :) :)

oliwan fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 26, 2018

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Radio Spiricom posted:

elsewhere, nowadays, bossa nova, good room, and output are your best bets

stay out of manhattan

Thanks!

of course we're staying in an apartment in Manhattan supplied by her work tho, but yeah

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was drinking a beer in Bushwick today and ran into a nice couple of whom the dude was wearing a Tresor shirt, so I went over and said hey nice shirt, we're visiting from Berlin and then they told us that there's an open air around the corner they are going to where Len Faki is playing and it was apparently 30 or 40 bucks lol, so we didn't join.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is happening tomorrow lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Somewhat of a crosspost but gonna go to Griesmühle tonight for :swoon: Paula Temple :swoon: https://griessmuehle.de/programm/krake-festival-day-ii-noise-manifesto-warning

Short sets but dat line-up tho :swoon:

:swoon: Paula :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7PrP_6dPcw

(love that this is an ARTE concert lol)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

NonzeroCircle posted:

I'm in Berlin for a couple days and just walked past Tresor. It's loving massive, literally bigger than the hospital I work in back home

The actual club doesn't take up the whole building my dude, there are other clubs as well as event spaces/ galleries in there, and most of the space is actually unused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thanks op!!

e: sorry, misread