Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As I'm sure most of you are aware, the 2012 Republican primary season has, from the beginning, been a circus of batshit insanity and eye-gouging. There's Mitt Romney supporters pushing him into the lead based on his moderate past, and everyone else who hates him. After this little chestnut came out of the recent debate:

I decided to make this based on that sort of weird, nervous laughter:

Now let's take a little gander from the Romney's side, D&D style.

EDIT: (fixed the timing)

So let's go at it, guys! This year is going to be every bit as horrible and insane as 2008, so we might as well celebrate the occasion with funny gifs. :patriot:

Personally I use Microsoft Gif Animator... kinda clunky, but it's free. I'm far from an expert, but I can still make a halfway decent little animation with it. Photoshops are welcome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

ShadowCatboy posted:

That's phenomenal. Mittresor!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

ShadowCatboy posted:

Oh man, I love this so much. The close up of Hey-baby Cain smiling is loving classic.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
That is one hell of an an OP. Looking forward to seeing what people make in this thread.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

ShadowCatboy posted:

Newt's castle and hat are just perfect. :3: Awesome job, OP

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Queen Gnome posted:

Newt's castle and hat are just perfect. :3: Awesome job, OP

I'm just surprised it wasn't set on the moon.

WilfordBrimley
Mar 18, 2009

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ShadowCatboy posted:

I've been laughing at this for a whole hour now.

Please, make it stop.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

ShadowCatboy posted:

This is phenomenal. The transition from Santorum to Cain is loving perfect.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!

ShadowCatboy posted:

I'm aware this has been quoted a hundred times already, but this really is the best, great work, OP.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Plenty of people have killed a thread by posting an image that can't be beaten but I think this is the first time it has happened in the OP.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
http://i.imgur.com/8riYJ.gif

Edit: I think I missed the point of the thread, but hell, it was an idea and I went with it.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

WilfordBrimley posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo these are real quotes from those newsletters? They're worse than I ever could've imagined.

MildManeredManikin posted:

Plenty of people have killed a thread by posting an image that can't be beaten but I think this is the first time it has happened in the OP.

:ohdear:

Saveron_01 posted:

http://i.imgur.com/8riYJ.gif

Edit: I think I missed the point of the thread, but hell, it was an idea and I went with it.

I'd plant a little American flag on the Death Star, personally. :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShadowCatboy posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo these are real quotes from those newsletters? They're worse than I ever could've imagined.

:ohdear:

Yup Ron Paul blends in really well with the republican part despite the libertarian claim that he represents the best American values and decency.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

ShadowCatboy posted:

Extra sausage, beautiful. :golfclap:

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

ShadowCatboy posted:

I'd plant a little American flag on the Death Star, personally. :)

done and done.

http://i.imgur.com/gZlM8.gif

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Saveron_01 posted:

done and done.

http://i.imgur.com/gZlM8.gif

loving beautiful.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
These are all probably better ads than the real ones you know.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

ShadowCatboy posted:

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the 2012 Republican primary season has, from the beginning, been a circus of batshit insanity and eye-gouging. There's Mitt Romney supporters pushing him into the lead based on his moderate past, and everyone else who hates him. After this little chestnut came out of the recent debate:

What's the context on this? What did his father do?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

What did his father do?

He was a big wig for the automotive industry.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Dr_Amazing posted:

In context his father released all his tax records before running for political office.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

George Romney began the tradition of releasing tax returns when running for President--he released something like 12 years worth of paperwork.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

George Romney began the tradition of releasing tax returns when running for President--he released something like 12 years worth of paperwork.

I wonder how much Mittens resents that today.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I wonder how much Mittens resents that today.

Probably not at all, because without his father's wealth and the life of entitlement it provided him he wouldn't even be running for president.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
Yes, I agree. Growing up wealthy and entitled does tend to make one grateful and reasonable. :catstare:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
My humble contribution

e: fixed name, timing

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nastyman posted:

My humble contribution

e: fixed name

Oh GOD! Birdcage reference!!!

I love you forever, Nastyman.

Orbital Sapling
Oct 30, 2011

by angerbeet

WilfordBrimley posted:

Holy poo poo the entire time I was just brimming with excitement to see whose name would pop up. That is hilarious. What an awful, awful man.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Nastyman posted:

My humble contribution

e: fixed name

This is loving great. I realized what this was by the "Santorum's Dead" slide.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

ShadowCatboy posted:

It is impressive when the op alone can goldmine a thread. Voted 5.

Since its related, Funny or die put out a series of videos on the Republican candidates.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/48611e3625/live-funny-or-die-in-2012

Mike Tyson as Cain is the best.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ecfd3a85f/herman-cains-campaign-promises-with-mike-tyson

Jetrock
Jul 26, 2005

This is the tower of murder... it's where I hang out!

Nastyman posted:

Extra sausage, beautiful. :golfclap:

And chocolate milk.
Nice one.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

etalian posted:

Yup Ron Paul blends in really well with the republican part despite the libertarian claim that he represents the best American values and decency.
The consensus seems to be that while he doesn't personally believe these things, it was a cynical attempt to appeal to white supremacists. Which is really just as awful if not more.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Casimir Radon posted:

The consensus seems to be that while he doesn't personally believe these things, it was a cynical attempt to appeal to white supremacists. Which is really just as awful if not more.
I wonder how different his campaigns would have been if Ron Paul didn't need to rely on crazy extremists to develop the original core of his base. In a weird, cynical way, I guess that's what every candidate whose views are not in line with the mainstream needs to do in order to make it to "prime time", regardless of whether those pandered-to people are reprehensible or sensible.

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

WilfordBrimley posted:

I had to look this up because there's no way that these could be actually things that anyone actually said.. I just...he...:suicide:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010
Here's something quick and dirty I knocked up:

It's literally a frame by frame of this article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/mitt-romney-makes-it-rain-snack-chips

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

It's literally a frame by frame of this article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/mitt-romney-makes-it-rain-snack-chips

I am laughing way too hard at this.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

The best part is that poo poo eating grin he has.

a cat
Aug 8, 2003

meow.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Yeah, this one really should be less funny than those other elaborate, well done gifs, but it's cracking me up the most.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You never actually see him pick up any bags of chips. I like to think he is using his GOP mind powers to levitate them about the cabin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

ShadowCatboy posted:

Great GIF! As an aside, did you get the brickwork and background from that game, The Dark Eye? Christ what a creepy game that was.