Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I... I can't stop watching this. :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShadowCatboy posted:

These just keep getting better and better. :allears:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShadowCatboy posted:

Oof. Well all right. But everyone should still feel free to post stuff of their own!

Here's parts 3 and 4. After slapping the background images together it's actually a simple task to write up a script and animate it.

Part 3

Part 4

As someone who has run Tomb of Horrors for idiots begging to play it, I can say this is entirely accurate.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShadowCatboy posted:

Gettin' ready for the next set of primaries!

That last frame is fantastic and I love you. If you were local I'd buy you a drink.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Presidential debates should be replaced with presidential D&D campaigns. I think we'd get a much better feel for the candidates that way.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShadowCatboy posted:

Coming up: When D&D deals with abortions. I'm trying my best to make it tasteful. :ohdear:
This may be of interest to you. Yes, a book all about weird D&D half-breeds. Have fun.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

calandryll posted:

I'd vote for Newt if he came out dressed like that.

As would I, but only if his campaign slogan was HROTHGAR!!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Diver Dick posted:

Speaking of horrible political ads, I've already seen a "Don't Reneg 2012" bumper sticker. Say it out loud if you're confused.

This is apparently a thing.
Is this because people can't spell OR pronounce renege correctly?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lars Blitzer posted:

Sell us a barrel of pickling brine and a wheelbarrow.

We got back to town, Rezzed the Cleric and all was well.

After that we called him "Father Vlasic" from then on.
This is genius, I don't care what anyone else says.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Magnificent. I can't wait to see what Newt's latest idea is. :ohdear: :munch:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Cicero posted:

Not a primary ad, but given the new direction of the thread, this seemed relevant:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3469121&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post401051641

I would watch this show.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Munin posted:

The question of "What is the damage rating of a peasant?" has come up in a DnD campaign I have played in. In that case though it was due to a berserking Lizardman.
I had a character in a "let's all make ridiculous concepts" game who was a high-level kensai who named the halfling monk as his signature weapon. He'd throw the halfling for damage, and then he'd flurry. Since he was the weapon, his fists got all of my innate magical weapon bonuses on top of his monk fist bonuses.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

MildManeredManikin posted:

The idea of Crossbow giving a speech is the funniest mental image imaginable. That whole thing is just hilarious. An alignment change all the way down to evil seems a bit harsh for what amounted to bad luck, poor explanations and self defence though.
This is D&D alignments, a system where it is absolutely always okay to kill someone if they care more about their own well-being than yours.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheSpiritFox posted:

While I have no desire to ever play stuff like this, these stories are hilarious. More of these, please.
I am gonna help you out so much with this link.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xaiter posted:

I tried for a couple hours to get this working. Most browsers have built in protections to prevent pages from constantly firing sound effects like that now. I'd need to use Flash or something I think.
Here ya go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlCVNn9ZeY

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Oh god I've been in this game, except a lot less hilarious and not a very good story. Just a lot of spergy neckbeards all rolling sleight of hand v. spot and bluff v. sense motive a lot and just generally being assholes to each other while the DM goaded them on.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sizzler Manager posted:

Originally Heward's Handy Haversack. But I thought sticking pointy things into extradimensional spaces was a risky proposition.
That's only for the bag of holding for some reason. Putting a sword or the like has a 10% chance to puncture the bag, making everything in it fall out.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ShadowCatboy posted:

Part 24

Expect another couple later this week. :)

I laughed so hard it made a squirrel fall out of a tree. This is the best comedy of errors.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nastyman posted:

I really kind of hope ShadowCatboy doesn't decide to try and make money off of this. Every GBS superstar thread like this one where the OP decides to monetize the concept has died shortly thereafter. :(

I'll never forget you, you glorious miracle of modern science.

I'm still facebook friends with Microbe Best. Such a fantastic CYOA thread.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TheCIASentMe posted:

There's no will saves (or really any save) against cursed magic items. You use the item and you get cursed. Some items have random chance activation but once they do activate you don't get a save.

Edit: I take it back. Some do allow saves. But there's no guarantee that saves are allowed.
Generally any effect that forces your character to do something allows a Will save.

We all know Hrothgar would voluntarily fail this one, though.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Imperialist Dog posted:

Yeah, I went out and bought the Player's Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master's Guide because of this thread. Don't let it die; or, if you have to end it, at least wait until a nominee is chosen and you can kill off the losers.
What edition did you buy? Because [The One I Like] is the only playable one, [The Ones Before It] were byzantine and [The One(s) After It] are oversimplified WoW-lite for babbies.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Everything Cain says with that smug face is pure gold. Forget a 6, I wanna vote this thread a 7.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

bobkatt013 posted:

Most likely African americians as they are "fleet of foot"
Pretty sure Orcs are supposed to be black. Halflings are just in there because someone wanted to play Frodo in one of Gygax's games.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Miltank posted:

Wouldn't that make orcs, orcs?

Edit: oops for racism, what I mean is: isn't D&D just a generally rip-off of Tolkien's work in a gamey format?
There's a lot of subtly implied racism in Tolkien's work if you read into it a bit.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Kharmakazy posted:

Bowling is racist because it's one black ball knocking over a bunch of white pins with red necks.
I see you've never been bowling. Bowling balls come in all colors and patterns.

I get your point, you just picked a really bad comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Kharmakazy posted:

Play any bowling game and tell me what color they made the ball.
This is funny because go to any bowling alley and find more than a single bowling ball that is black.