Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 19

Part 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deadmeat5150 posted:

These are still going!? damnit I need them all in one post so I can save them.

My plan is to do maybe 3 or 4 a week, updating on Wednesdays and Saturdays (give or take a day). :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

:stare: I've DMed this campaign before.

Whenever people say this there should be an obligatory story that comes with it. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 21

Part 22

Part 23

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fiend posted:

Shadowcatboy, I want you to play with my boobs and fondle my what nots.

That line actually came up in a conversation with my friend, since she was really really unconvinced when I mentioned that I was bi (she thinks I'm totally gay).

:j: "Do you even know what to do with a girl?"
:v: "Of course I do. You play with their boobs and fondle their whatnots."

Apparently she found this less than convincing.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

RedMagus posted:

I just want you to know, I love you forever for the Planescape reference.

Actually I came up with Mammy Marm's House of Many Mams for the LP. It wasn't really come up in PST. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sinestro posted:

(black elf gif)

I actually had that happen in a real D&D game once. Also, you are the best thing in the history of humorous political GIFery. Never stop.

Okay this was from way back, but I'm now curious what you meant by this. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 24

Expect another couple later this week. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I should share a couple tales from the table someday. Unfortunately I have a tendency to be one of "those" players. :)

Also this is crossposted from D&D:

If you want to relive the amazing debacle of the 2008 McCain-Palin campaign in a behind-the-scenes reconstruction, you've gotta watch Game Change. It's playing repeatedly on HBO, but it might pop up on Netflix or Hulu sometime soon.

:eng101: "How do you plan on maintaining our alliance with Great Britain on Iraq even though support for the war there is at an all-time low?"
:j: "I think... the United States has always maintained a great relationship with the Queen, and John McCain will continue to have an open dialogue with her."
:eng101: "...Uh, Governor? The Queen is not the Head of Government anymore, she's the Head of State."
:j: "...well then, who's the Head of Government?"
:eng101: "...The Prime Minister." :(

:v: "I think we should start by prepping the Governor on Russian economic policy as it relates to post-Cold War tensions during the pre-Putin era."
:eng101: "I was thinking something a little bit simpler."
:v: "...How much simpler?"
(tutoring Palin)
:v: *taps map* "THIS. Is Germany. They were the primary antagonists during World War I and World War II."
:j: *scribbles notes*

I know that some say that Conservatives will use this film to lionize Palin further, while Liberals will use it to lambaste her. But I didn't get this at all. The way I saw it, everyone was playing fair, from McCain, to his advisors, to Palin, to the press. The problem wasn't any one individual's behavior. It was the collision of small-town values with the immense complexity of national politics.

You can really see the immense psychological strain it put on poor Palin. She's not stupid, crazy, or evil. She just seems like your average soccer mom: sweet, polite, caring, and highly protective of her family's dignity. I would love to cook dinner for her and her family someday. I just wouldn't want her anywhere close to a position of power.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

zero alpha posted:

Somebody needs to make a website with all the D&D gifs so they never, ever perish.

A fine, enterprising goon has already done so! :eng101:

http://www.onthecampaigntrail.org/

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

That was my favorite line, because I truly don't think Santorum views women as "normal humans"

This was the original intention, though it's probably a bit too subtle. :)

Gonna finish up the sword thing and then it's on to one that puts a little more focus around Ron. :v:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 25

Part26

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What's the robert jordan reference? Perrin ?

Yep! It was pretty much a line taken when Perrin lopped off that Aiel prisoner's hand in an interrogation.

So badass. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Sword of Berserking that Shadowedge is based on doesn't allow a will save. :eng101:

Hrothgar!

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Blistex posted:

It's almost like this game of D&D is some sort of metaphor.

Pretty much. Heck, even back to the first story arc from gifs 1-4, the point was to make fun of how Republicans will whine and bitch and moan until Obama caves and does what they want (like the whole HCR debacle). This ultimately leads to disaster, and then they blame Obama for implementing the crappy policies they themselves fought for.

The toughest part now is keeping up with the junk coming in from the news cycle. With the time it takes to think up a plot and animate it, I'm usually a week behind what's hot and current. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That's terrifying. Also:

Part 27

Part 28

Part 29

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ekuNNN posted:

I've been working on a series of propaganda posters for the Republican primaries.

:mitt:

:newt:

:catholic:

Next will be Ron Paul, hopefully he won't drop out of the race before I can finish his poster. You can follow the series on my website and get some different sizes at: basvanoerle.com or my tumblr.

You're a beautiful human being. :patriot:

Real life is calling so the next gifs will be up a little late. Until then I'll be spreading these posters of yours around on facebook. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still around. I've been working on the next set but real life has thrown me for a loop. If they're not up later today check back tomorrow. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I love how even the eagle looks downcast.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 30

Part 31

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

You know far more about American politics than a Dutchman should

Every day that passes I love the Dutch more and more.

Thank you so much, ekuNNN. The world instantly became brighter the day you were born. :patriot:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna pick up dad from the airport today and work on some gifs. Expect them later tonight or monday. :)

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 32

Part 33

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Walker posted:

This is just some guys playing D&D it has nothing to do with the primaries.

I try make as many references to the election as I can actually. :)

Chard posted:

Answer honestly: how much of this arc was setting up the "batshit insane" line? Because it was all, ALL, worth it.

It just evolved naturally to include that line from a rather-obvious reference to peak oil and all the attacks against alternative energy. :v:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Part 34

Part 35

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I love Demolition Man. I was kinda worried that some people wouldn't get the reference and I'd feel like an old 80s boy. :v:

Also, credit for Rick Santorum-chan should not go to me. I think it was some enterprising goon who posted in the "Let's make politicians into child pageant models!" thread.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sir_Lagsalot posted:

Please tell me you have a high-res version of female Santorum.

Have as many versions as you want:

http://ricksantorum-san.tumblr.com/

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've been meaning to put short versions of the animated parts up. So here's the old one with Victoria Jackson and Gingrich. :v:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Real quick one:

VVV Huh. It's probably the high hairline.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wow. It's like a whole banner of frumpy-grumpy sourpuss-ness. :stare:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just finished doing my patriotic duty / being anally raped by Big Government, depending on who you ask. Will work on some more gifs soon.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just one for today. Tax season has been crazy. :v:

Part 36

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bobkatt013 posted:

He views whores STDs like Pokemon hes gotta catch them all

Fixed that for you. :v:

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

cbservo posted:

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it's from when Santorum lost his reelection bid in PA in 2006.

Could be wrong, though.

Pretty much this. Santorum as the incumbent had suffered a catastrophic loss by a margin of almost 20%. Part of this was due to the whole campaign to relabel his name, though the fact that people were sick of Republicans and that he was loving insane were also factors. His entire family seemed bewildered and shocked.

Also drat, I can't believe I just realized that his daughter was dressed like some 18th-century farmgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I loving love the three banners there.