Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I see that there. posted:

Because it's better than the alternative.

That said, I'm a Packer fan, and it's not like they're going to really gently caress with those unis - the more dark green on gold, the better. If I was a fan of another team that was about to be altered I'd be not so happy.

Embrace change you old codgers, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

I see that there. posted:

Raiders and Giants agree with Nike on new tribal paisley design.

And it would own. Change is good.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

HappyHelmet posted:

Why does only one of the A's have 3 tick marks on it? That is just going to annoy the hell out of me every time I see it.

The Panther scratched it because he's scary and mean.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Tank44 posted:

I can totally see the Seahawks having their white jersey looks like this with the feathers. Replace the green with the Seahawks blue and yellow with lime green. keep the shale grey too

Good news, the Seahawks are getting new uniforms, presumably outside the general Nike re-design!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017322737_uniformagreementseahawksgoingtogetnewduds.html

KJ Wright also dropped a hint on twitter that the silver helmets might be back.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 4, 2012

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

The people I know at Nike say the new uniforms look pretty boss. I guess they're changing some of the equipment too. The example I was given was the socks. Reebok basically just used a lovely tube sock, the Nike socks will have extra padding and space age materials and they will clean the players' houses and stuff.

The worst thing is, she sees the new Seahawks logo every day but can't tell me anything about it and my impotent rage knows no bounds.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Heaf posted:

They shouldn't. Mostly those minor tweaks to Seattle (gray pants???) and Carolina

I think the biggest changes are the swaps to Nike gear all around. They're changing things like socks and pants to offer more padding and what not. The explanation I was given was that Reebok basically just used a tube sock. Nike has some form fitted stuff with padding in certain places and more support etc.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Heaf posted:

Pretty much. Nike is going to outfit the whole league in Pro Combat System of Dress (that's what it's called).

I just bought a bunch of their pro combat under gear last weekend and it's pretty awesome. I'm pumped as hell to never see these jerseys in the employee store :mad:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I like, but needs more neon green.

I unironically love the neon green and own a hoodie with it as the primary color. Neon owns.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

God I hope they go with grey alternates.

Ps: post more

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

chazburgr posted:

I Seahawks My Seahawks??

I guess it's a play on the "I love my Ducks" thing, but the imagery doesn't really work well here.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

japtor posted:

Does that one use the helmet or the Ducks logo?

...not that it'd make any more sense.

Nope, not really sure why they're like that.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

On the Seahawks website they have a blacked out dude in the new jersey but you can make out the whatever the ugly loving mohawk is and it takes up half the helmet. Don't know how I feel about this.

You should feel pretty boss. I hope the jerseys are Oregon as gently caress. I want stripes and feathers and poo poo all over the place.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Seahawks jerseys definitely own. I'm buyin one ASAP and I will wear it everywhere much to the chagrin of stodgy old SAS dorks who hate the future.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Man, I really liked the new Seahawks jerseys the first time I saw it. But every single time I see it again I like it less and less. It looks horrible. Just make neon green the primary color and revel in it.

I like it, and I would also like this.

Shower me in neon green, Nike.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Febreeze posted:

I actually really liked the bright green jerseys too. They had so much more identity then the standard blue ones did. You'd always know what team was playing with the Neon greens.

Blame Jim Mora.

Because they lost that game, and because Jim Mora is a poo poo coach, they retired them immediately afterward.

Jim 'Bad Football Coach' Mora.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I wish all throwbacks were ridiculous as gently caress. This is at least a better reaction than uniform changes in the college threads.

"UHG, that shade of white IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN OUR OLD SHADE OF WHITE"

"What were they thinking of giving us double stripes over the shoulders, we have had single stripes forever. ITS WHAT DEFINES US"

etc.

This is basically the reaction from most TFF posters WRT NFL uniform changes too.

I wanted to see more crazy uniforms, but owners and fans are old farts who can't deal with change.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Chichevache posted:

The last thing they need is more attention and gently caress Hines Ward getting paid.

They also kill the Seahawks in the movie. How am I supposed to react to that?

The Seahawks are in a movie? Why ???????????

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Better than their current uniforms.

It is impossible for you to be more wrong.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Hey here is some jersey news!!! My dad and I ordered some Seahawks replica jerseys in 31 and 29 so we can basically make up 1/2 of the Seahawks DB corps!! What a great story. Anybody else have a football dad? That's always a good derail.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Where'd you get them, I've been looking for a good jersey for a while.

Two relatives work for Nike.

edit: Also we just got the cheapies cause we're impatient. If the quality is crappy, we're gonna send em back for the elites in a few months.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 26, 2012

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Well I got my Nike jersey in and it's definitely better than the $100 Reeboks were. That's not saying a lot since they kind of sucked, but its an improvement.
Here are some pictures.

On the actual jersey this is made up of seperate cuts of fabric. It's really the cheapest element of the whole thing.

Pliable plastic NFL logo. I'm not sure why they didn't just use a fabric patch like Reebok.

Like I said, compared to Reebok's bottom end jerseys, they're pretty high quality. The material is thick and doesnt feel super cheap. My biggest gripe is that EVERYTHING is screen printed on to the thing. Literally nothing is patched or dyed on. From a distance they look fine, but up close you can definitely tell it's the baby version.

Verdict: Spring for that mid-range or better if you're buying one. If we hadn't gotten these for $50 I might be less pleased than I am.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

MissileWaster posted:

How's the size compared to the Reebok jerseys? Smaller, bigger, same?

They're slightly smaller than the Reeboks, mostly in the arms and the fat gut section. If you've got a giant belly, go bigger on the sizing.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Yinzer posted:

Now that just makes me more interested in how good the Elite jerseys are now. I'm going to have to make a few phone calls locally to see if anyone has it yet.

I don think they're coming until later in the summer.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

FYI I hear there is some kind of hangup with the elite jerseys. They may not make their summer release schedule. I'm kind of mad about it. If you were waiting to buy... keep waiting I guess? It could be a bit.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Whatever they're calling the embroidered ones. There's some kind of issue with production that's causing them to be held back. Guess I got the name wrong!!

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Well of course the world wants to see the villains like Hasselbeck fall to the noble Big Ben and Hines Ward. :jerkbag:

Devout Christian and noted rear end in a top hat Shaun Alexander.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

My understanding is that it all stems from some production difficulties in South America. Last I heard, mid-late August was when they hoped to have everything available.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

davecrazy posted:

I bit the bullet and ordered a Nike. Got a blue Nicks to replace my worn out and doesn't fit anymore Reebok one.

I also picked up a few of those Dri-FIT t-shirts, because they're loving awesome to wear under something like a jersey when your sitting in the sun for 4 hours and its hot out.

Dri fit shirts are just awesome all the time. I can't even wear regular t shirts anymore.

vvv They definitely sell 7 7/8... I know because... I've got a fat head too.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 12, 2012

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Would the NFL even allow UofO style uniforms each year? It would be boss as hell to constantly have new renditions of the uniform from week to week.

Seahawks bitch, our uniforms are awesome :cool:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Neodoomium posted:

The NFL has specific rules on uniform combinations. They refused to let the Lions wear their old school blue and greys one year on Thanksgiving because they already had a black version of the uniform as their thirds.

No Fun League. As usual.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

nerve posted:

Do you guys like ironically like that Lions logo or something because holy poo poo it looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a horrible piece of poo poo.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Jaysus posted:

Just grabbed my Kam Chancellor home jersey. Gonna buy the Lynch Wolf Grey tonight. Fits perfectly and I'm glad I went up one size compared to my Reebok jerseys.

Which style did you get? We can be Kam buddies but only if you got the cheap one I dont wanna be jersey-emasculated.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Jaysus posted:

$100 one. No way in hell I'm spending more than that! So, I think we're bros?

Def bros. Arethey selling the grays in the pro shop already?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

We own the same jerseys except my ET is white. That's weird.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

I found a Sonics starter jacket that's sitting in my closet, waiting for its day in the sun

Well the new arena deal seems to be heading forward so maybe in like 5 years youll be able to come to Seattle and watch the Sacramento Kings Seattle Stolen Sonics play a game of basketball and be a big hipster so youll fit right in!!! (peep that run on)

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

In other cool jersey news, these own:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1394174-grading-oregons-new-white-vapor-uniforms-for-matchup-vs-usc-trojans

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Wario Kart 64 posted:

They are among the nicest in the NFL I'd say. Way better than the awful jerseys they wore before.

Yes, I know the lime greens were awesome

Jim Mora Jr is a lovely head coach if only because he dropped the lime greens after they lost in them (because he sucks at football)

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Febreeze posted:

The Seahawks new unis annoy me but they are at least better then the ones they had before. I like the blue shade better and it at least has some distinctive marks. The "beastquake" era home unis were dull. Except for the bright green ones. Those ruled.

Jim Mora Jr retired those immediately because the team lost the only game they played in them (against a good Chicago team).

One more reason to never stop saying, 'gently caress Jim Mora Jr.'

edit: Not sure why I thought they played that game in Chicago. Whatever, the point stands.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 7, 2013

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Boosh! posted:

Close up of the gradient, if you even want to call it that.

If it was softer/longer gradient, it might be ok. That's may as well be a god damned solid line. Yuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Volkerball posted:

When did they start putting pads on butts?

Tailbone pads have always been a thing. I think a lot of NFL guys opt to not wear them because they look stupid.

• Locked thread