Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Can you get Lost Girls on Comixology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I love Madmen and was wondering how is It Girl? Also when are we going to get some new Madmen and the Atomics?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

In March there will be a new Beasts of Burden.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I am a huge fan of Hellboy and BPRD and was wondering how is Baltimore?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The latest Beasts of Burden was way to happy. I have to assume the next one is going to be soul crushingly depressive?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is southern bastards closer to scalped than to his Marvel work?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

You um should.

I don't care whether you like his work or not but don't do this.

I am not a fan of Wood, but I gotta disagree with you there. Just because Frank Miller is a crazy person does not mean I should never read any of his stuff.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Martello posted:

Pre-ordering the first trade now. Aaron is easily one of my top 5 favorite writers. Scalped is amazing. The fact that Jason Aaron himself looks like a gritty working-class American badass just makes it all the better.

I'll even read superhero poo poo if he writes it.

Have you read his Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Original Sin?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Excuse me you forgot Thor.

You are right I did forget Van art the book.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Southern Bastards vol 1 arrived this weekend, and I read it quickly and holy poo poo, it's just brutal.

I don't know why I thought it would be more lighthearted than Scalped but I was not expecting a book entirely about hitting people with a magic tree branch.

That's what it seemed like, and as issue 4 shows that is not what its going to be about.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

60 issues was the gold standard for ye olde Vertigo classics like Transmetropolitan, Y: The Last Man and Preacher.

Or 300 for Hellblazer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Southern Bastards is so good. I can not believe that I am feeling sorry for Boss.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Its a lot like Scalped where the main antagonist is a huge douchebag, but you feel bad for him at times. I just have no idea where this title is going, and I look forward to whenever it comes out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat Southern Bastards is so so good

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy fucken poo poo Southern Bastards is amazing. Coach Boss is such a bastard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mycot posted:

Spaceballs is awful. Pretty much the only reason why people think it's good is because it's Mel Brooks, but then you realize every other Mel Brooks film isn't awful.

edit: So I guess your analogy still works, but not for the point you meant.

Sounds like you need to be a smarty and join the nazi party

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Apparently Lemire's got a couple more self-drawn graphic novels coming out next year, which I can't wait for. :swoon: I know his art style ain't everyone's cuppa but I like how rough it is.

Its more raw then most and it gets a lot of emotion out of it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Just so everyone knows there is a huge image sale on comixology. Lots of great stuff for cheap.
A new Southern Bastard's came out and its pretty good. I assume I know were its going based off Scalped as it has a very similar vibe, but as Aaron has shown he can go in completely different directions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Just started reading Fade Out after getting it from the sale. Holy poo poo this is good. It also makes me want to watch some noir.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Does anyone know how long Velvet is suppose to go for?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

trashbuilder posted:

is jason aaron no longer doing southern bastards or is this just a fill in thing?

Letting the artist do an issue. Its Aaron and Latour book and if one of them leave its all over.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

So I finally read the newest issue of Saga and my immediate reaction was that BKV read Sex Criminals and decided that a transgender storyline was something he could jump the gun on them.

He had a transgender storyline in Y the last man.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

On Twitter Brubaker has said that his and Phillips next project will be announced in the letters page of Fade Out 12

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I know nothing about Incognito, is it in the same continuity as Sleeper?

Nope, but it involves a former supervillian who is in witness protection start to act as a hero. It is really good and there have been two series, but it ended on a cliff hanger.

It will be a Criminal one shot and another to be announced later.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 6, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Southern Bastards was amazing once again this week. Holy poo poo is Coach Boss a bastard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cloks posted:

An island made entirely of choice.

You know what comic features a cast of almost entirely anthropomorphic animals and is great? Autumnlands.

If you want a nice comic about animals Beasts of Burden is the one for you

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Hey, so how about comics, huh?

Velvet this weeks continues to be awesome. It's not Brubaker and Phillips but Brubaker and Lark are also awesome together

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Is Wytches any good?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Zachack posted:

I thought Wytches was decent, not great. The series does stop on a "to be continued " but could sorta stand on its own. Art was pretty good, the witches were decently horrific, but without spoiling I didn't get a sense of why things were the way they were other than "because", and that's a bit of a tough sell given what's revealed.

I would have said similar albeit a bit more positive things if the first American Vampire trade was all there was. Both read like setup.

Ah okay I will wait for season 2 and I am sure it will be on sale again then.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

the Gaffe posted:

Britannia from Valiant is pretty neat. Gets a lot crammed into this first issue.

Come talk about it on the Valiant thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740218&pagenumber=1

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Southern Bastard does not come out nearly enough

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

How is A.D.?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Anyone else pick up Royal City yesterday? I'm a sucker for Jeff Lemire, but I thought it did a good job of establishing the setting and characters, and there was a good hook in there too. Looking forward to more!

Also soundtrack with a link for Spotify!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Thom and the Heads posted:

Finally picked this up and I'm on board. Sounds like the book that Lemire really wants to be making right now.

Yep esp with him no longer doing anything at marvel or DC

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

IUG posted:

So far I liked it, but maybe not as much as I thought I would. I guess I was expecting it to be more humorous and less like paranormal Batman (I don't read Frank Miller, but this is close to what I think it was before he went 9/11 crazy). My only exposure to the extended universe was watching Amazing Screw-On Head back when they were pushing it for a pilot show. My expectations for humor were up because I did see both movies, and I see panels posted on these forums. I think the one that made me go ahead and buy it was the sequence where Hellboy eats pancakes, and people in hell are in anguish over Hellboy's joy.

I'm going to continue on because I did enjoy it, and the art style, and I figured that maybe the first few issues weren't indicative of the format of the series later. Plus, I'm interested in the world it's creating. The spinoffs might be fun to see how this world comes together.

The best time to start with the spin offs is after Conqueror Worm. That story also introduces an important character that is fucken awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

All dark horse is on sale on comixology for 50% off with dh17

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even remotely see the end of the latest BPRD coming.
Neither did I, and I wonder when the next issue is coming out. Wonder if the delay has something to do with need for a new co-writer that is less bitey

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Isn't Venus de Milo one of the single most hated things in the franchise, though?

Yes she is and the current female turtle is a preexiating character who got some turtle blood

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

I am way behind on IDW TMNT but given their track record I fully expect this to work and seem completely natural.

It is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Andrigaar posted:

On re-read I can't tell. The image is the outside looking in, so I assumed it was the rest of the world seeing what had happened to the US due to the visual.

As for Venus, she was added long after I stopped watching (was she show before comics? I have actually no idea). Seemed a silly addition among other silly additions designed to sell toys, but no strong opinions.

Venus was created for the fox show. The one that crossover with the power rangers