Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

I really dig Black Science, but Low feels very chaotic to me. It is almost like there are pages missing, or I am not seeing some transitions.

I have the same with Snyder's Batman. Can't shake the feeling he uses 2 panels to tell something that should have been 3 and I'm puzzling too much to stay in the flow of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Neurosis posted:

metabarons (and the technopriests and the incal) is... weird. dune by way of space opera is the best aesthetic comparison, though it lacks for complex themes. definitely worth a read, but you're reading for a fun journey rather than extremely compelling plots or characters.

Metabarons is awesome. The whole thing feels like Greek mythology in space. Sure it doesn't always make sense, but it is a glorious ride. I very much disagree with the statement that it lacks complex themes, there is a lot to explore.

Didn't care for The Incal at all.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn't there some issue of The Walking Dead that had a joke ending where it crossed over with Invincible and TWD fans started freaking out assuming that it was now going to become a superhero comic?

Yup, it started out completely normal but then dead characters came back as cyborgs, Rick got a bazooka hand or something, Aliens arrived, it went nuts.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

What issue was this? I have the compendiums and don't remember that at all.

It was a bonus ending in issue 75
Thing is it didn't say it was a special ending or anything, the story just went that way without any warning.
Artwork was a bit of a giveaway, though.
Found some pages via GIS on Ebaumsworld (that place still exists?)

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

I finished Black Science this weekend and I thought it had a very strong ending.