Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anybody else checked out Cryptocracy? Seems like it might be pretty good. Kinda has an MiB vibe to it but also like deus ex where it's slamming together everything paranormal and conspiracy into one story.

Sad to see that Jade Street Protection Services issue 2 is still not out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I've been trying to read Alan Moore's run on Supreme and while i can recognize what he's doing I just find it boring to the point that I've been sitting on it for like three weeks now and I haven't even made it halfway through yet. I'm blaming this on not being a Superman reader and especially on not having read any golden/silver age stuff. Is this an acceptable excuse or am I not a true comic fan?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I am enjoying Bounty as well so far

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I read through what there is of Lady Killer today and would like to second whoever it was who recommended it earlier

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Will Sam Jackson be the octopus

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Crap I forgot that came out today thanks for reminding me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's 4 in the morning and i spent all night rampaging through the first 6 volumes of the IDW Ghostbusters ongoing omg this book is so amazing i can't wait to finish it tomorrow

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JohnnyCanuck posted:

It's a really fun book with amazingly expressive art!

Then there's THE crossover!

EDIT: I mean there's a few crossovers with other IDW licenses but oh man you'll know which crossover I'm talking about when you get to it. If you were an 80's kid you'll just be grinning from ear to ear.

Yeah, i had to finish it yesterday and the real gb crossover was great and I'm glad that they're keeping it going with bringing back blonde Egon in int'l

And you're right about the art. I have to give the writing its due first, both the character voices which are dead on and the stories themselves are actually really engaging (and the author decided to grab Kylie from extreme which was a great move imo, and there's even The Rookie from gb the game with his Chicago franchise!). But the art in the book is way better than i would've ever expected for a gb tie-in (and if you go back to read the earlier idw minis released before they tried the ongoing the difference is wild), and in addition to being great in general almost every page had some sight gag or reference to previous media for hypernerds. So loving good man omg

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Um, well, it's words on a page so no one has an accent

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hmm okay fair enough. No, she doesn't have an accent of any sort lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So i stumbled into Hickman's the Manhattan projects while looking for cyberpunk stuff and it wasn't at all what i was looking for but it interested me anyways and wow this poo poo really kinda just cuts off and loses the plot in the last couple volumes huh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
And just how bananas it was was deffo part of the appeal. It's just that like vol 5 ends on assassinating jfk at the behest of lbj which felt like an interlude to the next chapter, and theres a short insinuating that trouble might be brewing in the group and then suddenly there's an arc about yuri and laika and then oops that's it i guess?? It's just like uh okay then

It was fun while it lasted i suppose

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh thats good for some reason i had it in my mind that i had heard on here or someone mentioned to me elsewhere that it was done

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I had to check out uber invasion since you guys brought it up and I'm totally okay with this story, i really need to read the previous stuff now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I went ahead and read uber over the weekend and it's a great book as long as you can tolerate how depressing it is

Like i realize she's a Nazi and therefore bad but my feels go out to klaudia

Maria is the best though, it's gonna suck when she dies

^^^^ Patton surviving and being crystal sensitive is lame cuz that guy was the loving worst, although this is a world where only the worst possible situation ever occurs so maybe that's the point

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

KidDynamite posted:

I know Black Mask had A LOT of issues going on in the background.

Are they failing financially? I'm reading a couple of their books so it would really suck if they collapsed
:ohdear:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Idw is bringing the gb2016 women to the Ghostbusters universe in march, most excellent

http://comicsalliance.com/idw-ghostbusters-101-answer-the-call/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So I read Kim & Kim today and would like some more series with trans characters. Do any good ones exist??

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang, a bunch more than i was expecting that's cool thanks guys!

And big ups to Connellingus good post *thumbs up emoji*

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Teenage Fansub posted:

On the topic of trans characters, it's not indie, but this is where the discussion was going on...
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01/11/meet-batmans-new-trans-character-dr-victoria-october-todays-detective-comics/
Detective Comics just introduced a seemingly interesting trans woman supporting character that will probably move into the new Batwoman series.

The article seems to be trying pretty hard to shitstir, but I haven't read the issue yet.
She already seems more interesting than Batgirl's old roommate.

Oh dang there was an article on ca about this the other day and i forgot to read it thanks got reminding me, i might actually have to read detective now

Sigma-X posted:

Apparently "pupal" and "deadname" are secret code words here or something? IDGI

I'm still new at this but pupal = life before coming to terms/transition, and deadname = the name you had before you transition and give yourself a new name

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I tried checking out that new image book rockstars but it seems to be getting pretty high off its own farts

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't remember who suggested lumberjanes but it owns so ty

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hell I'll give it a shot just for the Fernandez art

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't worry, gillen has stated several times that the Nazis won't win, it's just that they're making the Allies eat it first

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It feels so long ago since i read the series but wasnt there a whole dungeon full of failed mutates?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Angel city

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Reflecting on it since you guys brought it up I find it a little weird myself, but while i get super mad at like Steve cap at marvel i don't really have a problem reading a book about super Nazis

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'd say it's worth a read but the last few issues have been kind of dragging on moving the plot forward I felt and the long wait in between issue releases makes it even worse

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dont the xmen have enough books already

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Greg pak has John wick get into the initial fight with the bad guys cuz they hurt a cat. I think this will be a good book

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Not sure whether it should belong here or in the DC thread now, but in my Christmas break quest to clear some backlog I'm reading planetary and I'm really enjoying it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay so I had stormwatch on my list of stuff that had been recommended here at one point or another and I just want to double check it was good cuz the xxxtreme 90s image art and dialogue is uhhh making me wonder whether I had made a mistake

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Zachack posted:

Are you reading the Ellis run or earlier issues?

Like, the very beginning

GrandpaPants posted:

Even Ellis's Stormwatch was pretty much just a long prologue to The Authority.

Change or Die was a pretty cool arc, though. And of course the famous crossover with the WildCATS.

I had it on my list as a prequel for authority, do I only need to read Ellis' run for that?

site fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 29, 2017

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I wouldn't waste any time at all with Stormwatch until Ellis came aboard with... #37, I think, without looking it up. Before that, it was the most generic Image trash, and I say that as a Wildcats fan. Ellis will fill you in on anything you need to know, which isn't much.

I actually prefer Ellis' Stormwatch to much of his too-short Authority run, which I greatly prefer to every bit of Authority that came afterwards.

GrandpaPants posted:

Yeah, Ellis introduces all the relevant Authority characters in his run.

Cool thanks guys. I had quit at issue 3 so I'm glad i can skip all that lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gail Simone/Cat Staggs' crosswind is worth a read

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I...actually appreciated how ennis brought the boys to its logical conclusion and having butcher go nuts and be the villain after his war against the seven ended

On the downside i wish la femme had actually been able to go try and live a life

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lion forge's summit continues to seem like it might be good but it's still getting off the ground so if you're on a budget I'd hold off maybe another issue or two before checking it out

Image's Days of hate also has an interesting premise. Sort of like calexit. Opens with a quote from Steve bannon which made me lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/MajorSpoilers/status/954379648888172544

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

frameset posted:

Anyone else reading Days of Hate?

First issue seemed interesting enough to check out 2