Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

Also really enjoyed Wicked Things, although it strikes me as a comic I'll like even more if it goes beyond a miniseries (which is also how I felt about Giant Days), although I'm not sure if that's in the cards or not. As a longtime Bobbinsverse fan, seeing Lottie and Claire grown up is a little surreal, but the center of the comic being their friendship is quite welcome.

The_Other posted:

His interpetor (Miss Maki) is the obvious suspect, (she intentionally mistranslated Lotties comments to Miyamoto, and she was the one who told her Miyamoto wanted to see her) but that seems too easy.

Was she working alone?

What was in the package she gave Lottie?

Were the other teen detectives in on it? (they all seem to have it in for Lottie). Why would they do it? Seems rather far for a prank.

These are the big things I've been thinking about too. First read made me think Miss Maki and the butler were both in on it and part of a larger conspiracy- Miyamoto was investigating something that shouldn't be investigated?- but on second read perhaps the butler was working by old-timey fancy hotel protocol and Miss Maki will turn out to be the mastermind alone.

The teen detectives definitely each have roles to play, though, or at least the four named ones do. We see less of the other two compared to Paola and Norris, so either they're less important or secretly important. Can't tell if Norris liking Lottie will just be a crush or if he knows something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

Artelier posted:

you get the $15 bundle, you get:
East of West 1-45 + volumes 1-9

Just to make it clear, this is the entirety of EoW (43-45 is volume 10, the last volume), so this is getting an entire series and then some.

Might give me a reason to finally finish!