Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So Moriarty becomes a good guy after killing Holmes, am I understanding this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Star Wars meets Game of Thrones? Did we read the same comic?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Did anyone buy the Prophet (digital) trade? Can you confirm whether or not it has the back-ups?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Architects basically robbing from Marvel now.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Dragotta said between 30 and 50 issues depending on sales.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'm starting to get frustrated by all these comics starting in the middle. I know it's an attempt at fresh storytelling but it feels more like a way to try and get you on the hook for the first arc before you can actually decide if you enjoy it or not.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If Prophet doesn't stick the landing it will be a disaster.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Scott Pilgrim is okay, but I want to uppercut anyone who says "Chau Down!" 5 years later.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Should probably bump this, ton of huge announcements today, I wasn't able to keep up with them all.

Brubaker/Phillips wrapping Fatale at 24, on to a new series. Fraction launching more Casanova with Moon, back ups by Michael Chabon and Ba. Kelly Sue DeConnick launching Planet Bitch and announced more Pretty Deadly. New series by Remender I think. Morrison and Burnham doing a horror comic called Nameless I think? Jock and Scott Snyder doing a horror comic as well.

Check your local comic site for all the deets.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Especially with someone else drawing the next "arc."

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Maybe I was wrong, I thought I read somewhere that there would be a different artist.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hedrigall posted:

I'm still reading Manhattan Projects but I stopped understanding what the gently caress is going on like, 8 issues ago. Maybe 10. Is there any blog or review site or wiki that has issue-by-issue synopses? :psyduck: (I just finished number 18 and have no loving clue what happened)

I'll give it a stab:

Manhattan Projects is assembled, a long the way they rebel against the government illuminati and win the rebellion essentially taking over the government and wiping out some aliens. They invest in three projects, one if I recall is the colonize space, one is to promote human growth and I forget what the third one is. Oppenheimer, having been replaced by his twin brother, betrays the group and leads a coup that has resulted in a Colonel Kurtz level dude now taking over the project.

Side plots along the way: The Martian is actually a spy who betrays the team. Oppenheimer won the internal battle against his brother, only to be then murdered(?) by a time traveling Einstein. The original general is now allying with the Kurtz team, betraying the project.

Help?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Endless Mike posted:

I read it this morning and the whole thing is just "fuuuuuuuuck"

Sadly all it made me think was, "Is this book over yet?"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Jedit posted:

I can't see six issues wrapping up everything. I think they've taken the year so they can complete 12 or 18 issues then publish the last stretch without breaks.

For some reason I thought I remembered the letter page saying that this only like halfway or something.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah Vaughn has said he wants the series to be long since it's called "Saga".

Unfortunately he doesn't want it to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Probably trying to get a few arcs in the can since they could never make schedule when it was active.