Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Darth Nat posted:

I read all of BPRD in rapid succession over about a week one time. Once you get started, it's really hard to stop. I'm a little disappointed to hear that the hardcovers won't collect 1946/1947 though. I think 1946 is one of my favorite BPRD stories, and Varvara is one of my favorite characters.

These hardcovers are nice and the price point is good, but I was really hoping for Library Editions of BPRD like we get for Hellboy. Does anyone know if that's in the cards eventually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Darth Nat posted:

I love the Library Editions, but I almost prefer the BPRD hardcovers just because you get three regular tpbs for a pretty low price as opposed to just two in an oversized format, which I can take or leave.

Hm, I guess I just feel that Mignola's art looks great at the increased size (and if anything it did even more for Corben in the most recent LE) and suspect the same would go for Davis. Oh well I'll probably buy all of these, then when LEs come out in 5 years I'll get those too and they can get donated like my softcovers all did.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

InnercityGriot posted:

Image is really killing poo poo. I'd like to write a post for both Glory and Prophet but I want to give them a few more issues to see if they hold up and don't make me look like an idiot in case they go bad.

I tradewait everything, but I don't remember the last time I was this hype for a new series, let alone two, to be collected. Probably Criminal.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Alhazred posted:

I really wonder how they got Alan Moore of all people to write for Spawn.

Well they also got Dave Sim, so. It was like a year into the series and both guys were very into independent publishing.