Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have 14 free days at the click of a button. Well, gently caress me. I have a bunch of 50 albs, and one 50 mid. I played this game for years, if anyone has any class questions I will most likely be able to answer them. Except for the Warlock and Banshee classes.

In terms of Hib, I prefer throwing an Animist into the pbae/focus group for maximum exp.

Also, I will roll up a hib, if you guys want. Only realm I never got a 50 in, while on live.

E: Is there a vent server we can use? Add me to steam if you guys want to coordinate, we can use that for voice, even. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961412493

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This game may "feel" old, but it's RvR and combat system is hands down the best an MMO has ever produced. (FOR ME)

I mean, I'll play an fps if I want KILLER ACTION. But, the rush of knowing YOU WON from daoc is something only a handful of men have experienced.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

How hard is it to hold f5 and scroll? I always just made two groundtarget macros. One close to me, and one far away.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

There are two cabby specs in my opinion. Matter for PVE and Spirit for RvR.

If you spec high enough into Spirit, you get a body debuff that stacks real nicely with your baseline lifetap. Also, cabby + sorc is one of the best duos in the game.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jesus christ, dude, amazing.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Chanter/Ment still kicks rear end. Don't listen to these fools! I thought the new npc buffs transferred to pets? You can always spec enhancement for pets buff as secondary.

Eldy/animist is also amazing. Pull mobs in and pbae them, repeat.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have the most elite minstrel template if anyone needs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have to warn that my minst template has no charisma at all. I found for each point of charisma you get 1 point of dd damage. But, for a thrust template having 101str/dex/con, and capped quickness, with full ToA bonuses and hits, it's boss. It also has every single arty you need. I'll boot up daoc tomorrow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So, what's the guild on hibernia I should be looking for?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

There was like 10+ people on yesterday, when I checked. None of them are even the bad kind of goon. It's me, isn't it?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If anyone is on the fence about joining, I've gotten level 39 in just about 9 hours played. All of this was done with a mixture of xp/pvp, with good gear and capped stats at all times. Join us. RvR against Albs is like stepping on kittens.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A lot of people forgo any critical strike skills and become an invisible blademaster.

Your shift might be set to mouselook/mouselook toggle?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ALL HAIL FIRBY MR. T!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Level 49.5 in 16 hours on the dot. Feels good, baby.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

I corrected the item name in my post. GearBunny's database has it with the wrong name and I never bothered to fix it. :P

By the way, would any 49+ like to work on the dragon quests this weekend or soon? It would involve killing a bunch of stuff in Sheeroe Hills, killing the Glimmer Prince, and then killing the adolescent dragons. After that, it's a simple matter of killing the 3 big dragons (one from each realm) in a row, though I don't know if we'd attempt that quest right away. Doing this line of quests gets you prepared for the Dragon Myths and Legends quest which has dragon mythirians as a quest reward, and that quest is repeatable.

gently caress yes. We could do this with like a group. We did Summoners Hall last night, and had a great setup.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Let's RvR later. Like, a full group.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Thid, Molvik and Cathal Valley seem to always have a decent amount of people in them no matter what time youre on. Plus you dont always need to sit and wait for a full group, easy to just run around as a partial group and still have a good time.

How hard are those frontier quests to kill 5 caravans or whatever? I see they reward scales which is something I need plenty of, so if theyre soloable I know what I can do when nothing else is going on.

A lot easier if you own an enemy keep. Otherwise, it's really a lot harder.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

34 blunt spec with ML styles all loving day.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I vote Galladoria, but DS is fun, too. We still need to conquer all three dragons, man!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Seriously, to all you thread readers out there: The last thread, no one was playing, now we can't keep people away.

Let's talk about full group RvR, and raiding, and lots of assjamming. Yummy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dud180 posted:

I havent played this games in years, but this thread has convinced me to give it another go. See you guys ingame soon :)

Do it. Do it now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

concerned mom posted:

What's the deal with constantly going linkdead? It's happening every few minutes.

That's odd, haven't seen happening to anyone else. I would think it's your router, or a third party program causing it to stop.

In other news, my sub ran out, I forgot I had no money on my debit card, poo poo! I'll be back tomorrow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

fishhooked posted:

When it gets boring I'm totally reactivating on live.

Join us.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Elf Champion.

But, what we REALLY need is a Firby Valewalker.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Back on this poo poo. Go time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Once you give in credit and scrolls, you find the right arbiter in the hall, from where the artifact comes from. So, like, shades of mist would be volcanus.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Knew I missed a couple steps. Haha.

Gotta buy em all, buddy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I feel like I invited furryarrows to the guild. But, he could be a goon, I dunno!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Combo posted:

What might help is to put a note on each of your characters saying who they belong to.

/gc noteself Combo would give me a note next to my name in the guild window that just said Combo.

That said, I think I have all my alts noted (except my ranger I think) and I'm hoping people actually know who I am :v:

Could always list them here too I guess.

Adenosine
Adeno
Tkemper
Berglund

I think that's it.

Yeah, some FAG hasn't added me to the active character list in the OP. :colbert:

p.s. all my characters names are kazvall

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ggschmitty posted:

i'm schepps/scoodles/schnoodles/snackers but no one probably cares

I care. :a2m:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

grass posted:

Does anyone still playing on Uthgard? Currently running a 13 merc or a 10 cleric.

I wanted to try out Daoc again but didn't like the way the game has evolved, then I remembered reading about this shard in the old Daoc thread.

http://uthgard.net/

Playing Albion if anyone is still around or thinking of joining.

I think most of us have tried Uthgard, and have found the exp grind to be EXCRUCIATING. I stopped when I couldn't even PL my minst to 50, with a 46 cabalist(pygmies), in under 7 days played.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Anyway, I dug up a old level 32 shadowblade I have, gonna try my hand at some stealther action. Are two handed PAs still awesome? Can anyone give me any spec tips?

2h PA is still pretty viable, I think. I wouldn't use it much after that, though, because breaking through defense will be pretty hard. So, 50 sword specs are out, I'd say.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Melek posted:

My favorite time in DAoC was with my 24 critblade in Thidranki.

Shortly after the big assassin buffs, which gave SBs the 2.3x skill point gains was the best time. There was still a "bug" with stealth where one-shotting with perf wouldn't drop stealth mode. Especially at that level, where any caster was insta-gibbed and any healer sitting down was a guaranteed kill, I was just a kid in candy store.

I still love their excuse when they fixed that, "We knew about it all along, but felt assassin classes were so lovely that they needed it."

Oh, but we got climb wall with the patch that removed the "bug" to stay alive while alone inside an enemy keep! :downs:

That kill task for the 6 speed two hand didn't hurt, either.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Uthgard can be fun. Especially if you are a die-hard old frontiers fanboy. I would say daoc live is too awesome to ignore, though. No matter what level you're at, there is action. You can get 50 insanely fast, and be right in the big boy RvR, and in a competent guild group. 3000 people at prime is nuts.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Dud180 posted:

I don't know if I've missed one somewhere in this thread, I read back through and didnt find anything, has anyone got a decent (+ cheap!) warden template that I could steal?

What kinda warden?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Shitballs, I forgot to save my template. If you want I have a melee warden temp, which is weaponless. Requires you to get a couple summoners hall items, and the galladoria chestpiece, though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

So I wanted to level a shaman buffbot for my skald and warrior. I decided that the best way to do that was to level a berserker with it. However, I quickly found out that leveling without skald speed is loving awful. So I decided to make a third account for a skaldbot.

One lazy sunday later and my fourth, fifth, and sixth characters hit level 50. :shepface:

e: Glass quests with three accounts is basically a infinite money hack.

So true. The way you should be doing it, is having one dude sit at the quest giver, while the other two pwn his exp bar, then you trade places.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Why wouldn't I just bring all three along? Three hammers kill wildlife faster than two.

Oh man, they range limited it? I meant you just keep killing 5 mobs, then the dude at the quest giver gets his reward. It WAS like 10x faster than running back and forth.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

CopperHound posted:

Here is a screenshot of ggschmitty posing with the barding vendors:
http://i.imgur.com/848fL.jpg

I spit my drink out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

For anyone who didn't notice already, the Spring quests are back until the 16th! Good luck finding the bunny for the Medal of Honor/Springtime Folly bracer quest. It has been a dirty little ninja hiding on Agramon or just not spawning for a while. Also, Agramon is massively zergy. Even Hibs had a zerg:

Don't miss this, guys. These necks are AWESOME template necks.

• Locked thread