Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Made a Vamp called Silm in hopes of some Thid action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Thidranki (funtime) ready in under 3 hours played, last time I played DAOC I would be very pleased to be thidranki level in 3 days, nevermind having decent equipment.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

My Vamp hit 40, do I need to do a a quest line in the dragon zone anymore or just farm scales later?

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

concerned mom posted:

Can someone Fraps some general gameplay for us so I can get my fix without reinstalling please :kiddo:

I tried yesterday but the grass and speedtree stuff flickers wildly making it unwatchable outside task dungeons. Video of someone soloing task dungeons will fix you of any desire to play DAOC again for several years however.

The new user experience quests abruptly ended at 35, Molvik (35-39) was ace both for levelling and pvp but then the mobs in Leirvik (40-44) are red/orange and the scouting missions are death sentences. I've been mixing up grinding at the Sheeroe Hills entrance for a small head start on dragon scales with task dungeons and frontier mobs. There are kill quests in Coruscating Mines now but there are also afk Bainshee farm bots during euro timezone hours.

edit: just leaving this here

quote:

•A series of repeatable quests have been added to the TOA zones which reward players with generous amounts of Atlantean Glass. The NPCs offering these quests can be found in the following locations:
•For players level 30 to 44:
Oceanus - Astoissi and Wicoessa in Oceanus Haven.
•For players level 40 to 50:
Mesothalassa - Sirina, Noula, and Mylia in Mesothalassa on the central island.
•For players level 45 to 50:
Stygia - Scout Relion (Albion), Hunter Relion (Midgard), Ranger Relion (Hibernia) in Stygia Haven and the Sphynx, Inarus.
Volcanus - Algmar and Sudari in Typhon's Reach.
Aerus - Captain Chryse in Aerus Haven and Eliana in the Green Glades.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 7, 2012

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Dongattack posted:

Do you still have to slog through the lovely Atlantis crap to rvr properly? I swear i left the game so fast in the dust when that expansion came out i still have burnmarks around my anus.

Nope, there are repeatable quests for an Atlantean Glass currency with which you can buy artifacts, encounter credits and master level credits. There is nearly always a level 50 group or two doing the quests who invite any class since they are easy and you share credit towards completing them. Its still a couple of days grind for full ML10 looking at the prices though.

Are there dragonslayers quests still? and if so where do they start? or is the dragonslayer armour on a merchant for scales now?

Jessant fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 8, 2012

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Eldy/Ment/Chanter are all excellent and work together extremely well.

Eldy has nearsight (range reduction) and disease (half healing recieved) and is probably the most important class for Hib to have in any given fight.
Ment has cure mez (importance of cure mez cannot be overstated), single mez and ranged aoe for blowing up Theurg spam/leeching RP's off a zerg.
Chanter gets to resist debuff (casters do 30% more damage) and blow stuff up as the most useful thing they can do and have roots now.

I think you will want to be split spec for utility and using the exact same baseline nuke on any one you choose.

Bainshee is an AoE gimmick lacking a good single target nuke for normal group work.
Animists area denial gimmick is not hard for enemies to deal with at all but they do have roots and can make their damage spike to be harder to heal.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 10, 2012

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

The launcher self update just broke itself :(
Ill probably make a Skald or Runie and say hi when the time difference allows.

Its up, unleash the Mygga/Boobrie related humor!

Jessant fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 16, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Yeah screw this launcher, constantly crashing making error popups in the background after I got connected.
I ran straight to aegirhamn and there are very few mobs, then too vasud and stuff is purple con, sad times. At least I didnt click that tempting port too gotar.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

It was down for a reboot, portal hadnt refreshed it yet.
But now, 'No record for user found' oh lord that would not be good. Oh nevermind my mistake, I guess they can steal my level 17 uthgard character now :(

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Im prayin this one time drop works http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=1702Welp no hammer otherwise its competing for greens in spindelhalla for god knows how long. Every quest I have investigated with a weapon reward has not been present :(

Watching hibs take keeps on twitch while midgard lags hard and resets every 10 seconds.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 19, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

PriNGLeS posted:

What level are you?

47, its weird that midgard, jordheim, aegir and midgards dungeons are all encumbered with lag whilst the mids in albions frontier are apparently fine. I for one blame animist mushrooms and people using elemental weapon procs against dragons.

Its more the not having a weapon thats the problem \/ Not that I dont appreciate any help or advice I can get.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 19, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Classic dungeons seem to be respawning mobs now and have nearly (if not actually) 100% drop rate, so thats a thing. I got a hammer in four mobs :yoshi:
Melting the Ice gives 10 gold but its more like 8 bubs a time.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jan 20, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Use their patch. People who played Uthgard before on the same install directory could probably just jump straight over but you need the 1.109 game.dll and distributing that would be a shortcut too legal action for daoc portal. And then you will be stuck at the same point but with 1.109 in the top left until the server is up and open.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 22, 2014

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Evernoob posted:

Account Registration seems to be back up.

Created an account, created a Healer on Midgard, but when pressing "play" the screen went black and back to character select. So I guess the server is down (or something like that).

If you tried to make a Frostalf that would also do it, No Atlantis expansion races up in here.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

In an attempt to improve RvR balance the GM's on genesis gave three midgard guilds free level 50 and 20 plat each in albion. Yeah that Uthgard grass, so green.
http://daoc-origins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9452&start=70

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Sorcerors and Hunters you just have to land the charm spell once and the pet is yours until one of you dies. Mincer and Mentalist sing a charm song that pulses a charm attempt every 8 seconds and if two attempts in a row are resisted the pet gets loose and tries to kill them. Mobs are exactly the same once charmed and they scale much better with Cleric buffs than players do.
There is a (probably incomplete and possibly wrong on Uthgard) list of good pets here http://charm.enygma.net/archives.html the Sorceror spec on that webpage is an all in solo spec that most groups would be salty about grouping you with until level 40 or something (they only really care about power regen).

A Sorceror with any spec more sensible than ALL MIND ALL THE TIME I ONLY EVER CAST MEZ IN GROUPS will be a good solo class.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

cosmicjim posted:

Is cherts a meme?

Maybe? If you get a thin/flat/round chert from low level mobs (Spriggan especially) in Albion you can hand them to Stonemason Glover in Cotswold (and apparently another stonemason in ludlow/humberton?) and receive a thrust/slash/crush one handed weapon. Its the only conceit to making low level characters less awful in the entire game at that point and it only exists in Albion in two of the four starting points and the only way you would know about it is by talking to the suspicious Stonemason NPC who is never involved in any quests. Classic MMO fun.

Jessant fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 10, 2017

• Locked thread