Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
How are the healing/support classes in pvp? I want to play a healer, but if they're just going to be fodder for other people I'd switch to a different class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

angry muppet posted:

Just keep in mind that Wardens are a hybrid class, meaning that while they can do many things, they'll never match a druid for heals, and they'll never match a blademaster for damage.

Great, thank you for the info. Is there anything special about how to build a hybrid warden I should know about in advance?

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Is there any way to do macros in this game? For example, cast quick cast and then cast a spell?

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I just started an enchanter, and while reading up on them I keep seeing threads on focus pulling. I understand that there is a buff that you use on your pet, but the part that is confusing me is some threads say it was nerfed while others are saying it's still amazing. To top all of this off people are saying it depends on the size of your group, and if you have more than three people in the group the agro changes and your pet won't keep it at all.

Does anyone know what the current state of focus pulling is now, because I'm finding nothing but contradicting threads on this subject.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

SERPUS posted:

It's best done with a fully buffed pet (by a cleric/druid/shaman), and a person to cast a non-aggro HoT on the pet (mentalist/friar/mend shaman). They essentially turned focus pulling into a 3-man gig, especially if you want to do MASSIVE pulls with it. With that being said though, there's nothing a dedicated 3-man focus pulling team CAN'T do.

Thank you for the info. It definitely helped clarify some of the murky posts I had found.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Could someone who knows the current state of the game do a quick rundown on each of the hib classes? I'm just going through different classes to level 12 or so to get a basic feel, but the problem is there are many different builds, abilities, and playstyles that you won't see until much higher level. A great example is the warden class can be a pure healer, melee, or a block bot that specializes in tanking. They're vastly different playstyles, but they all work in different ways.

I'm not about to play every class to 50 to find one that I like alot, but I do have enough experience in mmo's to know what type of playstyle I enjoy. Thus, a quick rundown of what the classes play like in rvr would help alot. I know I'll end up either a druid, bard, warden or mentalist due to I know I like to play a class that can heal on some type of level. What I don't know is which one, and what build, I want to focus on right now.

Another part of this game, that is taking me much longer to get used to, is the not being able to cast spells when a mob is meleeing you. I've died a few times to this just due to not being familiar with this mechanic, but the surprising thing is I'm actually starting to like it the more I play.

Once I get set on what class and build combo I'm going to go play I'll join the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

boho posted:

Ugh, the atrocious ground targeting system is making Animist decidedly unfun. I think I'll try something else.

Yup, that ground targeting system is so horrid that the moment I figured it out I deleted that character and rolled a vamp. That's really the only big issue I've had playing this game.

• Locked thread