Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
I've been messing around with overclocking for the first time and I've been having a lot of fun. I finally have everything stable for my day-to-day stuff and everything is within the safe limits the OP describes. I want to make sure it's rock solid with some longer p95 tests but when I run it for a few minutes the temp crawls up to the mid 70s (77 max according to coretemp) and backs down to around 70 and keeps oscillating between those two. Since it says in the op the safe 24/7 max is 72 I'm hesitant to leave p95 run for awhile without me sitting here watching the temps. Is it reasonable to let it go that high (upper 70s? 80s?) for testing purposes since it never gets anywhere close to that outside of p95? At what point should I be concerned with damaging my CPU? Thanks for the help guys, this thread has been a boon and I can't wait to try my hand at overclocking my GPU once I get this CPU OC nailed down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU