Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

What kind of cpu cooler do you have? Does your motherboard support pwm fan control? If so, make sure your cpu fan(s) is plugged into that on your motherboard, then in your motherboards bios it should allow you to increase the fan speed based on cpu temp.

For CPU stress testing most people have switched from prime to realbench, or aida64. I personally use realtemp for cpu monitor, just cause its easier to read, other people like hwinfo64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Uhh if your motherboard's bios temp probes are reporting the wrong temps you might wanna consider checking if there's a BIOS update available, or consider trying to get a replacement board. Do not rely on "fan xpert" sw, thats probably garbage.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Prime is going to generate way more heat than any real world game or application. As long as that's stable you should be OK.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

I think you are going overboard with all the fans in the picture. I have the same case (fractal r5) and a similar cpu cooler(h100i gtx). I mounted the radiator to the front of the case, and installed the two 120mm fans in the front fan bay blowing in. Temps are excellent, and its also very quiet.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Those low profile CPU coolers arent really that great for overclocking, if it were me I'd either leave it at stock speeds or invest in a better cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

For msi afterburner use one of classic skins, the default one is awful.