Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I got my Sapphire Radeon HD7850 today so how far can I safely overclock it on stock voltage? Do I just set the GPU clock slider all the to the right to 1050MHz in AMD overdrive on the CCC and call it a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Is it true that I can get a decent boost just by overclocking the VRAM on my 660Ti? The problem is that my ASUS 660Ti has a nice cooler on it but the VRAM chips themselves don't have heatsinks so would I have to get VRAM heatsinks before I could try VRAM overclocking?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 8, 2013

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Is MSI Afterburner still the application to use for GPU overclocking or is there something better out there now?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I remember seeing EVGA's tool being thrown around a lot too

Well my video card is an EVGA GTX1070 SC so would EVGA precision be a better choice?