Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
And the rate this is going, they'll have double what they asked for by the end of the week.

And thats the best news I've ever heard, Double Fine being pumped full of cash money by fans and Notch is the greatest thing that could have happened to this industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

SGRaaize posted:

Man, that sucks :negative:

I suppose at least this way there will be something new and then Psychonauts 2.

Still a shame people constantly get mad about rehashes, but then ask Tim godamn Schafer to make a sequel to the game when he could make a thousand and one games, all with different concepts, and all loving awesome :sigh:

Edit: I'm not saying Psychonauts 2 is gonna be bad, I'm sure its gonna be loving awesome.

I'd agree except PSYCHONAUTS loving ENDED ON A CLIFFHANGER.

Also, while the idea was sound for Psychonauts, it wasn't really fleshed out as well as it could have been, which a second try could give it another chance at.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

maxnmona posted:

People keep pretending this was a cliffhanger or something instead of the "And so they continued to have adventures" ending it really is.

Scahfer has said numerous times it was going to be a 2-3 part series, and he wanted to explore the characters more/add to the storyline, but it got cut off after the first game, so yeah, that wasn't a cliffhanger, but it was supposed to set up the start of Psychonauts 2, rather then just be "they had an ending."

• Locked thread