Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Gamers are weird. On one hand, they bemoan the lack of originality in video games.Yet, when something like this happens, people demand that we get a new DotT or Grim Fandango.

The old games are fine as they are. If we wanted Tim to just do sequels, we would never have had some of the great games he made in the most recent era of his career.

Plus, Double Fine rocks at creating worlds and characters. The more universes they create, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
We are at a point where one of the most creative people in the industry has free reign and you want him to make a sequel? The guy who has made more funny, charming, unique and vivid worlds than anybody else? You guys really don't want to see what he can do?

Come on.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Jewel posted:

Edit: Plus the fact that you have infinite opportunity to make unique worlds inside of Psychonauts 2, which is why it's such a great game concept. With today's technology that can be built on extremely well.
I'll give you that. While I would prefer a completely new IP from him and his talented team, I agree a Psychonauts sequel wouldn't be a simple retread.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

This video is worth it for the documentary alone. My pledge was initially just for the game, but that Gilbert/Schafer conversation was so fun and interesting that I am really glad I ended up going the $30 tier.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Really happy I got the HD version of the documentary. Schafer is cool as hell for knowing that a game development documentary would be worth shooting.

Also interesting to see how candid they were about publishers. That cancelled project must have left them pretty bitter.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

They are doing some motion camera horseshit for the PS4 launch. It was announced today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

That wasn't a judgement on the product, just that I don't own consoles and I am bitter that I am not playing it.

• Locked thread