Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Also my Moms gave me a big Portugeuese copper saute pan when she moved, and my roommate went to heat it up last night but didn't cook on it. Apparently it gave a gasoline-like "off smell". Mom doesn't remember whether she'd ever cooked on it (despite having a small kitchen of copper pans) but mentioned there may be some kind of coating to remove. Any experience with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't be surprised if it was covered in some sort of shipping grease to prevent oxidation.

edit: Carbon steel woks generally come with it on, you're supposed to wash it of before use.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
someone change this thread's title http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3509734

to "Deborah Scott needs your vote in the San Diego Chef poll!"

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

mindphlux posted:

someone change this thread's title http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3509734

to "Deborah Scott needs your vote in the San Diego Chef poll!"
Deborah Scott clearly does not need your vote. :colbert:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bartolimu posted:

Deborah Scott clearly does not need your vote. :colbert:

ahaha thanks :)

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Halal appears to have won two Emmys before getting drunk and losing at least one of his Emmys.

So uh congrats.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Halal appears to have won two Emmys before getting drunk and losing at least one of his Emmys.

So uh congrats.

I am so hungover that death is an option.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Halalelujah posted:

if it werent raining, I would suggest you let me cure it.

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
Chiming in with congratulations. :)

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Halalelujah posted:

What? You won an Emmy? For what?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Let us know I want to see what quality of work this was.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

CuddleChunks posted:

What? You won an Emmy? For what?

He won two Emmys not one come on pay attention.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

He won two Emmys not one come on pay attention.

I am also surprisingly not trolling at all, the evidence appears to point to his actually having won said Emmys.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
For what though?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

"American Valor: Home of the Brave" for Outstanding Feature Story and Best News Story of the year. So, in short, mad fukken' props, dude.

In other news, somebody seem to have autobarbequed themselves down on the third floor, nine floors underneath where we live. :staredog: Venting smoke as well as I can, eerily the kid and the GF are still asleep - I sure as gently caress ain't taking a one-year old out into a smoke-filled staircase without good reason and it seems to be well under control.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
soooooo

I was meeting up with mah girl for a late post work dinner at 9:30, and the new place we wanted try was closed. so we drove back home really hungry and frustrated and just went to our regular/favorite joint, Holeman & Finch, which is right across from our place. I decided to valet just because goddamn I was hungry and gently caress parking and walking, but then I roll up and the place is packkkked with a wait outside and poo poo. I slow-roll by the valet intending to just turn around or find some other place, and I'm looking through the window and HOLY loving poo poo ANTHONY BOURDAIN IS THERE AT THAT TABLE. put the car in reverse, valet'd that poo poo, and proceeded to watch television being made. awesome as hell, and chef was in house too.

there were already 6-7 people being really annoying and asking for photos, signatures, whatever - so I didn't want to contribute to being obnoxious, but hell yeah. he left while we were waiting for a table, and I actually ended up getting seated in his exact seat not 3 minutes after he was there.

SORRY IF IM GUSHING #FAVORITERESTAURANT #FAVORITEASSHOLE #OURBUTTSPRACTICALLYTOUCHED

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

If the balls didn't touch it was cool though.

AHugeDickhead
Dec 8, 2008

So jealous. I have an eternal hard-on for Anthony Bourdain, and to think I was actually considering h&f earlier in the afternoon. There's always next time right? (Oh wait, it's his last tour fuuuuuuck)

Edit: I guess the next best thing now is meeting mindphlux?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Halal won two Emmies? Hold the loving phone, people, is this true?

If so, it's bloody AWESOME.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I expected nothing less!

That is satisfactory performance!

Edit: (I have been namedropping Halal like crazy - so excited for him)

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 3, 2012

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

therattle posted:

Halal won two Emmies? Hold the loving phone, people, is this true?

If so, it's bloody AWESOME.

True. Halal is pretty awesome at his job.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mediaphage posted:

True. Halal is pretty awesome at his job.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ! That's amazing!

Congrats, Halal! CONGRATS! I've never met you but I'm really excited anyway.

:golfclap: :greatgift: :hfive: :rock: :shlick: :toot: :swoon: :woop: :cmon: :master: :dukedog: :krad:

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Thanks everyone! Was a pretty ridiculous night, feel really fortunate to be able to reach this point in my craft. Pretty incredible getting knowing that your peers voted your story the best of the year.

And I get to interview Bill Cosby on Friday! Pudding Pops ahoy!

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

Thanks everyone! Was a pretty ridiculous night, feel really fortunate to be able to reach this point in my craft. Pretty incredible getting knowing that your peers voted your story the best of the year.

Please please please ask him how he feels about cosby coins.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Halalelujah posted:

It's good that the award is opening up the door to serious news opportunities!

ask him if he misses his shelby cobra for me kplzthx

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Halalelujah posted:

congrats man!

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Congrats, Halal!

Mr. W (who is an Army journalist) says "gently caress yeah, man!"

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Kick rear end Halal!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
A double Emmy winner. Well, knock me over with a feather.

Congratulations all around!

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Eh. Now if it was three Emmys....

I don't think I've ever had an Emmy. Once had a roomfull of Mexican prostitutes named Maria, though. You know, for the Feast of the Assumption.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
Congrats internet friend, that's amazing.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Halallelujah!

Awesome news!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Holy crap, that's amazing, Halal! Congratulations, dude. Totally buying you a drink if we ever get to hang out.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halalelujah posted:

Pff, come back when you're a Pulitzer winner like Mike Ramirez :shepface:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Oh my god this is amazing.

http://www.bookbyyou.com/hotblooded/demo.asp

I keep thinking of the Simpsons where Lisa wanted that diary for her birthday, but they ran out, so Homer gets her one of those horrible mall kiosk videos, and botches it up completely.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dino. posted:

Oh my god this is amazing.

http://www.bookbyyou.com/hotblooded/demo.asp

I keep thinking of the Simpsons where Lisa wanted that diary for her birthday, but they ran out, so Homer gets her one of those horrible mall kiosk videos, and botches it up completely.

Holy poo poo. It's the first "can't miss" auto self-insert fiction thing since "Choose Your Own Adventure" I've seen. Name? Check. Eye color? Check. Get kinky. Hope the guy/gal makes a mint. That's brilliant, but horrible.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Oh so I'm engaged now.

Your move, mindphlux :smugdog:

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Halal, is there like a link to the thing you did that netted you Emmys? Cause I'm interested. Huge props to ya :respek:

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Oh so I'm engaged now.

:3: Congratulations! May we ask how you asked her?

Halal - also mad props to you for your Emmys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Oh so I'm engaged now.

Well what did he say?!

Congrats to you and Halal!