Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«757 »
Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Trader Joe's was mentioned a bit ago but the pound plus bars are pretty good for the price and since it's x-mas time now they have the gently caress-off huge bars back in stock.

If you decide you want to go full retard like I've been doing you can order some raw or roasted cacao beans from this guy and grind your own.
http://chocolatealchemy.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of !

Guittard makes a couple milk chocolate bars with different cacao percentages and doesn't seem like anything added to them. I have never seen them in a store but have used their chip/wafers and made a decent enough snack while baking.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

I've heard great things about Tony's Chocolonely, but haven't tried it myself. There's an upscale market in my neighborhood that sells their bars...so thanks for the excuse to buy some.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup

Has anyone by any chance bought the Noma fermentation book and tried to make one of the fermentation chambers they describe in the front of the book? I could use a little advice on the specific items you bought to put the whole thing together (and how putting a space heater under a blanket or plastic sheet doesn't burn your house down).

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

Mons Hubris posted:

Has anyone by any chance bought the Noma fermentation book and tried to make one of the fermentation chambers they describe in the front of the book? I could use a little advice on the specific items you bought to put the whole thing together (and how putting a space heater under a blanket or plastic sheet doesn't burn your house down).

on my xmas list...

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I would never shop at Costco. The paper towels won't fit into my sports car!

What a great night last night at Repeal Day! Vegas is a great town for culinary events, especially when you get off strip. Really amazing old timey steak dinner with oysters Rockefeller and steak Oscar (I loving love steak Oscar why did that ever go out of style?) followed by awesome cocktails powered by house distilled hooch in the secret basement of the mob museum. Dancing, a hot five jazz band, skewers of pork belly and other little treats being brought around on trays by girls in flapper dresses, everything. This is how you're supposed to do Wednesday!

Bart, you're a hell of a gentleman! Thank you so much for the invite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/SpencerAlthouse...564490720862214
Someone posted this in the Schaudenfrade thread and oh my god.

«757 »