Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I got two local small markets/grocers that have no prepared foods let alone seating. Someones script is busted.

Edit: Fruit market snype?

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
apparently there are no restaurants in atlanta, ga!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I want to go to there.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Holy poo poo I want a citrus ship

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Where is there?

And don't say something stupid like "in my dreams"

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Toast is a sweetheart and a half, because he went through and added the tomato curry, daal, and raajma recipes to the wiki, because I keep having to refer to them. Thank you Toast, you are a good friend. :)

Dirty Phil
Jul 3, 2012

mindphlux posted:

apparently there are no restaurants in atlanta, ga!

None in Portland OR either, stupid site.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Where is there?

And don't say something stupid like "in my dreams"

I don't know. :( Found the pic online.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Worthless! :colbert:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

What the poo poo, 1-2 week wait for dino's book on amazon? Bah! I want it nowwwww :colbert:

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Casu Marzu posted:

What the poo poo, 1-2 week wait for dino's book on amazon? Bah! I want it nowwwww :colbert:

Your avatar always reminds me of a wiener flopping around. Why do hot dogs sound so good now?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Alinea comes to EMP. Dinner for two, tax and service inclusive? $1293.

Let's play the "how many times can I pay rent on that?" game. Me, it's 1.5, and I live in goddamn New York City.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If that includes booze, I'm in.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of fine dining, where in this country is the best place to go? Wife and I are trying to plan our anniversary trip, and it's all about having one really good, over the top, memorable meal.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Speaking of fine dining, where in this country is the best place to go? Wife and I are trying to plan our anniversary trip, and it's all about having one really good, over the top, memorable meal.

Depends on if you want traditional food or crazy chemical food. If traditional, I'd probably still say the French Laundry (plus that gets you a trip to Yountville). Otherwise Alinea maybe?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Depends on if you want traditional food or crazy chemical food. If traditional, I'd probably still say the French Laundry (plus that gets you a trip to Yountville). Otherwise Alinea maybe?

Alinea was one of the first we discussed because it's a shorter plane ride.

Edit: My dad used to live in Fairfield, so we visited Yountville every trip. Never were organized enough to get reservations at TFL though.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Alinea was one of the first we discussed because it's a shorter plane ride.

Edit: My dad used to live in Fairfield, so we visited Yountville every trip. Never were organized enough to get reservations at TFL though.

It would be my recomendation, personally. My ex-wife's grandma lived in Yountville about 3 blocks from it, which was kind of cool. Not that it got me in the doors any more often, but it's just such a great place and such a great environment. Literally the best food on earth, I think.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
I'm biased, but NYC is the jam for food tourism. You can go from dollar dumplings to Per Se in an afternoon (on a single train).

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Check out what I found at a free book exchange:

Pristine, except for the slightly bent spine. I'm pretty happy about it!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I have to write a history piece on a local church celebrating their 125th anniversary. From 1922-1948, the Lutherans were preached to by a Rev. J.O. Wangberg. Not "James Oliver," or whatever the initials stand for - "J.O." J.O. Wangberg. I've been giggling all day when I flip through their info. I'm pushing 30, but I think I'll be destined to have a twelve year old's sense of humor until I die.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Oh, cool! Someone "anonomously" mailed me a Chick Tract today! I must have been noticed about town!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Oh, cool! Someone "anonomously" mailed me a Chick Tract today! I must have been noticed about town!
Ooooh, which one? Those never fail to bring me a completely unintended laugh.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

Ooooh, which one? Those never fail to bring me a completely unintended laugh.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Turning 40 friday, going to Rome tomorrow, returning sunday!

I have an ok-ish wife...

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Mr. Wiggles posted:

You should send these out: http://rearadmirals.org/2012/the-locusts-jack-chick-tract/

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Can I come to French Laundry?

Happy Hat posted:

I have an ok-ish wife...

I'm telling.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

None of the anti-gay ones, or the MOON GOD!? one? Lame.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

None of the anti-gay ones, or the MOON GOD!? one? Lame.

Well, it was a handwritten envelope (in cursive!) with no return address, addressed to "resident" at my house number. And this is the first panel of the comic:

That is me. I am that guy. Pipe, cocktail, sports car. So it's someone who knows who I am and where I live. They probably also know that I'm a Catholic so I'm expecting "The Death Cookie" in the mail soon.

Someone with photoshop skills should make me an avatar of just that guy, as a matter of fact. That'd be totes cool.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fair point. I just find those ones the funniest, that and the classic D&D one.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Vegetable Melange posted:

Alinea comes to EMP. Dinner for two, tax and service inclusive? $1293.

Let's play the "how many times can I pay rent on that?" game. Me, it's 1.5, and I live in goddamn New York City.

yeah, I don't mind paying a shitload of money for food, but I'm priced out of that motherfucking poo poo. I might consider paying it if it were actually alinea's food, but I would be eating EMP's in alinea's space in chicago - basically a heartbreak considering I booked tickets to chicago just to eat grant+co's food. wahhh, woe is me.

ohwell, kyoto at next sounds amazing, guess I'll gun for that as a backup.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I'm assuming EMP - Eleven Madison Park, correct?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Yeah, $1,300 is my rent for the month. :gonk:

@Casu: Awwr! But Amazon says that they're in stock. It says 9 more in stock, as a matter of fact. Please tell me you're getting the current edition!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Someone with photoshop skills should make me an avatar of just that guy, as a matter of fact. That'd be totes cool.
Here ya go:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Here to help.

Any smaller and you lose the fine detail.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As someone who used to work in a newspaper photo department, thank you for flipping that image so it faces inward.

Even though you should never flip a photograph, avatars that face outward pis me off.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Which would make Flash Gordan, and not Ramsey, your true avatar?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The penis should always face inward. That's like day one AP guide stuff.

kiteless
Aug 31, 2003

with this bracken for a blanket, where these limbs stick out like bones

CuddleChunks posted:

Here to help.

Any smaller and you lose the fine detail.

Brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
Little Walk Away just started Kindergarten and they are already doing a fundraiser. Of course they tell them that if they sell 25 things they get to go on a limo ride to a special lunch and goddammit why do I have to buy 25 things from this drat website?!

At least they had a silicone basting brush and a bench scraper like I have been needing but jesus christ. Every other cooking thing has Paula Deen's soul-less face pasted on it. Not in my house, missy. I prefer a peaceful sleep.

Edit: My life is saved! I can buy 2 lbs. of pre-cooked shrimp for only $76!

Walk Away fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 30, 2012