Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I suppose I do not understand fashion anymore.

Today is the day I became old.

If that's the criterion for being old, I was born old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bertrand Hustle posted:

If that's the criterion for being old, I was born old.
It also presumes that Wiggles was once au fait with what was fashionable.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

therattle posted:

It also presumes that Wiggles was once au fait with what was fashionable.

Wiggles is the proto-hipster, they flock to his land, and bear him offerings lumberjack shirts, and burn neck-beard trimmings upon his altar.

Wiggles teaches his disciples with a wrench in one hand, and the femur from a self-raised pig in the other.

He has 5 disciples, because 12 has been done before!

Wiggles is the epitome of cool, before cool was invented!

Sing his praises and burn your italian calf skin shoes on the bonfire!

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Happy Hat posted:

Wiggles is the proto-hipster, they flock to his land, and bear him offerings lumberjack shirts, and burn neck-beard trimmings upon his altar.

Wiggles teaches his disciples with a wrench in one hand, and the femur from a self-raised pig in the other.

He has 5 disciples, because 12 has been done before!

Wiggles is the epitome of cool, before cool was invented!

Sing his praises and burn your italian calf skin shoes on the bonfire!

When Wiggles goes hunting, he only goes after ground hogs and prairie dogs... because they're so underground.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

Why yes, of course you own a pair.

I went with the Big Feet brand, I bought them from Amazon for 50 bucks.
http://www.bigfeetpjs.com/pajama-sleepwear/703.html

Well of course I do. I have my reasons :3:.

A onesie is something else entirely, at least in this part of America. Those're the snap crotch shirts for babies, as opposed to footed sleepers.

I'd also dig a Kigu, they look comfy. A friend of mine has a custom made Bubble Dragon one that's kinda cute :3:.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Charmmi posted:

No shame. Catjama forever.

I just want you to know that I am sending this to everyone I know.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2012/12/28/tema/mat/oppskrifter/mat_og_drikke/brimi-mat/24996066/

So this a norwegian article for making a burnt pepper tenderloin.

Burnt pepper.

Meat is done when it's 143 degrees.

This is a famous chef.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

BlueGrot posted:

http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2012/12/28/tema/mat/oppskrifter/mat_og_drikke/brimi-mat/24996066/

So this a norwegian article for making a burnt pepper tenderloin.

Burnt pepper.

Meat is done when it's 143 degrees.

This is a famous chef.

Uh I think you mean demibraised.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

I hope so, but it clearly says burnt(brent) pepper. To me, burnt is burnt.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I got a pasta machine for Christmas, tonight I made paglia e fieno. It was even better than I'd guessed. Watching your kid eat pasta you yoursef have made from scratch was a much stronger emotional thing than I'd expected :3:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

I got a pasta machine for Christmas, tonight I made paglia e fieno. It was even better than I'd guessed. Watching your kid eat pasta you yoursef have made from scratch was a much stronger emotional thing than I'd expected :3:
That's great. I can imagine. I have a similar thing with bread.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

A question for the more experienced cooks in here - I have a thought that I am gradually reverting to more and more simple pleasures within food. Reverting more and more to the simpleness of the provencal quisine, or to simple things executed really well - moving further and further away from the elaborateness of the modern french quisine, or fusion stuff etc..

I may be a food hipster?

Should I worry?

Am I alone in this?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I have started saying stuff like "overprepared" and "masqued" and "trying too hard instead of letting the ingredients take center stage, what the gently caress does he think he is? This is just masturbating on a plate, leaving the product of your self-love for the customers to eat, instead of doing something decent... Waiter take this back and please tell the cook that his smegma got in the way of the dish"...

I am deeply worried!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

...and that is from visiting McDonalds

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Also - which subforum should I venture out in next?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Should I worry?

Am I alone in this?

Naaah. It's more like learning to appreciate good ingredients and proceeding to handle them with more respect. No matter how good your duck is, there's still cooking that needs to be done. Braising, frying, cutting mirepoix. Being an experienced cook will let you make more out of that duck than an inexperienced one. A good ingredient that has been spoilt by inexperience shouldn't prevent a more competent chef from making something really good out of it. Another thing worth remembering is that in spite of Lore, limited and/or mediocre ingredients can be turned into something pretty loving good with a decent cook and a little magic. Top-notch stuff isn't strictly necessary always, the thing is that they can, with care, become something stellar. And likewise contrary to Lore, top-quality ingredients can become crud if handled by a dumbass.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Also - which subforum should I venture out in next?

TFR or E/N Bullshit, according to which stage of corporate psychosis you're currently at.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Sjurygg posted:

TFR or E/N Bullshit, according to which stage of corporate psychosis you're currently at.

Those two really needs to be combined...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sjurygg posted:

in spite of Lore, limited and/or mediocre ingredients can be turned into something pretty loving good with a decent cook and a little magic.

ONLY THE BEST INGREDIENTS WILL DO!
                                                       /

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
So one of my guitars showed up on craigslist. At the pd in sparks right now to update the report, then I think I'm going to see about my things.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Pretty unique guitar?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Extremely. And it still has my strap on it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

A question for the more experienced cooks in here - I have a thought that I am gradually reverting to more and more simple pleasures within food. Reverting more and more to the simpleness of the provencal quisine, or to simple things executed really well - moving further and further away from the elaborateness of the modern french quisine, or fusion stuff etc..

I may be a food hipster?

Should I worry?

Am I alone in this?
I wouldn't count myself as one of the more experienced cooks on here, but my preference has always been for relatively simple food done really well. I like a bit of a twist, an element of thoughtfulness or sophistication that lifts it from being plain, but generally the preference is for simple. As an example, one of my favourite places to eat here in London is a Japanese udon place called Koya. They hand-make the udon, present them in a delicate yet flavourful broth, and I usually have it with a fillet of smoked mackerel which has been gently crisped (I think in a pan), and a handful of their greens. Really simple, beautifully balanced, absolutely delicious and satisfying.

Wiggles, I hope you get double satisfaction of getting your gear back and nailing the fucker who stole it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Got my guitar back, and some good leads. Will post details of the raid later.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Got my guitar back, and some good leads. Will post details of the raid later.

Congratulations!

I once found a vase that got stolen from us at an auction in New York, couldn't get it back in time due to international cooperation issues with the police..

Looking forward to the story!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I love when the Scandiwegians post. :allears:

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

That means that I messed up my sentence construction yet again, does it not?

Vase was stolen.
Followed several auction houses to see if it would show up.
It showed up.
In New York.
International police cooperation prevented me from getting it back.
Got money from insurance instead.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Ugh too many new posts

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Welcome back!

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Happy Hat posted:

That means that I messed up my sentence construction yet again, does it not?
evented me from getting it back.

I teach English to upper secondary students. There's nothing wierd about your syntax.

ACCENT HOWEVER!?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

So after updating our stolen stuff reports at Sparks PD, I informed the good officer who's handling our case that I was going to meet with the guy who was trying to sell me back my own guitar. He was like "cool tell us the address and if it turns out to be your guitar then give us a call and we'll come in for backup or something". So I was like ok cool so my bass player and I took off to meet this guy in a parking lot of a custom flooring place in the industrial section of Sparks. After a while he shows up with his buddy and a big pit bull in this crappy Eclipse and starts trying to sell me this guitar, and offers to plug it in inside the little house that's next to the shop. So we go in and I start playing around with the thing etc. The guy goes on about how he bought it in LA years ago (which he didn't, since it's my guitar) and he got higher offers for it but he'd let it go for cheap to me and so on. So while I drag out the conversation my bass player fakes a phone call and excuses himself outside. A couple of minutes later just when I'm about to take the guitar in hand and tell the guy that he's a thief and that I'm done playing his crappy game, he gets this deer in the headlight look and his buddy (who was chilling on the couch) starts freaking out. I turn around and there's these three hulking cops in the doorway coming in and asking questions. After a bunch of talking and intimations that there would be jail time and a shot up pit bull and other nonsense we got the full story which was that these asshats had traded some dre phones for the guitar to some lady a while before after she had listed it on craigslist. I got my guitar back, we got a lead on the person who stole it, and a couple of kids got a good lesson in not telling tall tales while a bunch of cops and other people are standing around in your living room who already know all the details. Oh, and don't trust craigslist people. We're still missing a Jazzmaster, a MicroKorg, and a pedalboard, but we're further along to recovering those things.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Jesus christ, Mr. Wiggles. Hope you get back the rest of your stuff.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

we got the full story which was that these asshats had traded some dre phones for the guitar to some lady a while before after she had listed it on craigslist.
Geez, how long ago were you robbed? Just a week, right? These guys move fast

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Wiggles, don't you love in the middle of nowhere?

What I'm getting at, shouldn't you know already who exactly the thief is, given you live out in the middle of nowhere? There can't be many contenders for the shadyasfuck award.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I live in the middle of nowhere, but the band plays In and practices in Reno/Sparks.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ahhhh.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJllR6p1Bo

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Awesome.

I woke up today with a wicked sinus headache/infection. Just in time for the New Year :toot:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Ah, the inexorable march of Progress.

When the question of whether or not something is possible outstrips the question of whether or not it is advisable.

When every crazy whim meets not with derision and ridicule, but with a video camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
It's freezing cold. Walking to Fairway when the wind is blasting your face off is Not Pleasant. I had my scarf wrapped around my face super tight, and gloves on, which I shoved into my pockets. Still too cold. Feels good to be home, in the heated apartment. Rice pot is doing his business. Good feelings all around.

@Wiggles: That's some serious cops and robbers poo poo there. It almost sounds like a TV story.