Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
When she brings it, just act really clumsy and drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

I was late to the Babish party because when I heard the title, Bingeing with Babish, I avoided it because I assumed to was one of those horrible over-eating shows, like Man vs Food.

How did you miss this gem? I love this movie.

Having worked with Japanese Salarymen, I think my favorite scene is the French Restaurant. It's perfect.

There are a lot of films I should have seen but haven’t. And yeah, that scene is amazing.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Maestro posted:

When she brings it, just act really clumsy and drop it.

Look her dead in the eye and with an expressionless deadpan delivery say "oops" and then ask her to clean it up since she brought the drat food, she should clean up after it.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Look her dead in the eye and with an expressionless deadpan delivery say "oops" and then ask her to clean it up since she brought the drat food, she should clean up after it.
But be ready to block her though, because you know she'll try to pick it up within the first 5 seconds and feed it to you anyway.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Whatever it is, offer to put it in the oven to "keep warm" or "keep out of the way"

Accidentally set oven to 450F. Leave till it smokes then have a good laugh and throw it away.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm loving this, but it makes me wonder... at what point does Passive Aggression become Aggression Aggression?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

None of that is passive as they're actively doing something.

Sweet Custom Van
Jan 9, 2012

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm loving this, but it makes me wonder... at what point does Passive Aggression become Aggression Aggression?

When the guest insists on overwriting the host’s menu and then behaving like a child about it.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Why has nobody told homegirl that her cooking sucks!? Nobody will let my dad make a thing for the family, because he firmly established that his cooking skills are terrible. Same goes for siblings, aunts, uncles, anyone. If you’re not a good cook, your rear end is getting called out, and we’ll ask you to bring some nice fruit or something. No, aunt J——-, not fruit salad. Fruit.

It took a few years of him working on his salad game, and actually making a pretty stellar one that I still make to this day before anyone would go near dad’s salads. And even then, if he shoots for a dessert (ask me about the time he inhaled too many nutmeg fumes and spent the rest of the day feeling high as poo poo, because he didn’t know that you only use a pinch of nutmeg, not the whole nut), or a main course? No thanks.

There are a few family members who make one thing really really well, and in those cases, I will praise that one thing to the drat stars and back, so that they stay firmly in their lane and make that one thing really really well. But if there isn’t even that one thing!? Have a come to Jesus, because it’s better to have hurt feelings right now and know the score, than to do this dance for however long she’s alive.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Agreed, dino. Seconded.

FRIENDOS. I'm gonna start HRT soon. I got the word back from my CNP. It's been a frustrating few months. But I'm so loving hype now. Aaaaaaaa :3:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nice! Congratulations on your upcoming adventures in Second Puberty. :D

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yall can keep calling me Manny, Manuel. Or Renée. That's the name I've been growing more and more comfortable with each time I hear it.

Second puberty will be, something. But I'm excited.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Manny Calavera is a heck of a deadname.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In quite a literal sense, he is a dead travel agent. But it doesn't bother me, not like the RL boy name. I could change it, but I like Manny. He's a good guy.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Do you think the Grim Reaper lets people self-identify?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Scientastic posted:

Do you think the Grim Reaper lets people self-identify?

I think the Grim Reaper already knows. The body is the chaff of the soul and all that, right?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Hey, just FYI-"

"Yeah, your corpse has a dick. I don't give a poo poo about worm food, get the into the Tunnels of Endless Wandering."

":("

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.”

I like DEATH, they're a good concept of mortality. All that really matters is I just gotta be true to me and do what's right.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Made a key lime pie today.

Where can I post the pics?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Here, probably

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I will email you the pics

Edit: I'm having trouble with imgur and linking the pics to here

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 22, 2019

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ok, maybe this will work

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/X8Et7RK

The Bananana fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 22, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
look i got one of them but if you uploaded more than one you're on your own

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm dumbstruck. When I try to use the link imgur gave me, it says, oops, we can't find that page.

Wtf.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How was everyone’s Easter?

I went to a family friend’s dinner party that was also attended by a priest who turned out to be a big fat loving homophobe/transphobe, which, for the record, is unusual in my area.

So that was an experience.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

The Bananana posted:

I'm dumbstruck. When I try to use the link imgur gave me, it says, oops, we can't find that page.

Wtf.

It’s so easy my dude. (If you’re on awful app) you can just hit the “img” pop up option thing, put the pic in right from your camera roll, and it uploads it to imgur and posts it inline for you

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The Maestro posted:

It’s so easy my dude. (If you’re on awful app) you can just hit the “img” pop up option thing, put the pic in right from your camera roll, and it uploads it to imgur and posts it inline for you

Wow, holy poo poo, I've been using awful app for years, and I've never known this.
Thank you!

(didn't quite stick the landing with that piping job. Lol.

Thank you

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

SubG posted:

:discourse:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Wanna eat that pie.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

:nws: for stripped naked limes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Wanna eat that pie.

:same:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Umm, those are clearly not key limes. You made lime pie.

I wanna eat that pie too.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Croatoan posted:

Umm, those are clearly not key limes. You made lime pie.

I wanna eat that pie too.

Lol, I wasn't about to zest some little baby-rear end key limes.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Words have meaning! if you're not gonna squeeze a pile of tiny rear end Key Limes, you don't deserve to call that pie Key Lime.

That said, I wanna smash it into my face.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I juiced the key limes.

I just didn't zest them

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bananana posted:

I juiced the key limes.

I just didn't zest them

Two-lime pie

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

How was everyone’s Easter?

I went to a family friend’s dinner party that was also attended by a priest who turned out to be a big fat loving homophobe/transphobe, which, for the record, is unusual in my area.

So that was an experience.

Was he OK with you being gei?

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Brawnfire posted:

Two-lime pie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

I bought The Noma Guide to Fermentation a while back and started some lacto fermented plums (not pictured) and tomatoes last night. Excited to see how they turn out