Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
HH I picked up the Scandinavian cookbook you sent me last year (two years ago??), and it's such a fun read with all your notes in it. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Oh hey food chat, it's been awhile so I wonder what people are... :stare:

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Sjurygg posted:

So I'm eating gochujang on toast now and I'm wondering if this is what rock bottom feels like yet.

Bottom is defrosting bread in a dryer.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

I can't help but say, "pewpewpewpewpewpew!!!" when they fly out at 2:12.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Hello long lost friends,

Im selling off a portion of my culinary book collection. Last time I did this, I think HH bought 90% of them, so grab 'em before he sees this!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3541176

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Even when you go to a restaurant that makes their own bloody mary mix, its just canned diced tomatoes. I worked at a place that had "the best bloody mary in Austin" and it was just YAYSYSCO canned diced tomatoes, worcestershire, salt, pepper, and some other poo poo I can't remember. Point being, YAYSYSCO.

And the next Farm to Table rep that walks into my kitchen is getting a punch in the face, I make one order, and expect it before 9AM, and I get my goddamn arugula, romaine, corn, beets, and watercress at goddamn 8PM. I NEEDED THOSE FOR LUNCH SERVICE. Thank god for Segovia, and anyone who has Farm to Table, NEVER loving order from them, overpriced "local" poo poo produce.

Romaine covered in dirt, arugula was decent, but Segovia carries B&W at a competitive price, corn was meh, I was expecting rustic varieties, but I got just plain yellow(they were out, thanks for subbing without asking me, dicks!), and I'd rather buy my watercress from Hardie's.

fakedit: this post probably belongs in industry thread, but gently caress it. 14 hours today, and 16 tomorrow, with 50 last minute resos today, and I only ordered 2 hams, 3 leg of lamb, and 5 prime ribs, because resos were 140 on Thurs, and we're at 238 when I left at 9PM.

How was last year? Forecasting and such? Not this helps at all. Hang in there. :respek:

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Imagine the shame when, after having read your death poem (the recipe for Guy's Firecracker Wings) in preparation for Guy's Big Seppuku, you realize that the Knuckle Sandwich Dragon Dagger isn't even sharp enough to pierce your own belly.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Man, I'd love to get one and bring it into Korin and ask them for a Japanese-style sharpening job on it.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

A woman at my work makes those at christmas and calls them Oreo Truffles and man they are so bad. There are a couple of ladies here who scarf them down.

On the Fieri knife thing I like how everything has a couple of names along with a couple of dumb uses. Knuckle Sandwich Dragon Dagger - combo off set serrated and fork.

That sounds amazing -- because you know what Oreos need, more fat and more sugar.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Leaving on the honeymoon this morning. But at the moment I'm in the hospital. Will update, hopefully with comedy.

Edit: stupid kidney stones.

Owwwwwww..

'Wikipedia posted:

The hallmark of stones that obstruct the ureter or renal pelvis is excruciating, intermittent pain that radiates from the flank to the groin or to the genital area and inner thigh.[1] This particular type of pain, known as renal colic, is often described as one of the strongest pain sensations known.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

GrAviTy84 posted:

In case people didn't know, I guess the locals in Scottsdale call the place "Crazy Amy's". they should totes just change the name of the restaurant to "Crazy Amy's" and make it like open air kitchen, american "teppanyaki" style dining. Dinner and a show. :munch:

Where the owners are, "INNN-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNEEEEEE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYGoO5imyY

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Fo3 posted:

Well the wiki page on Eddie Antar sure is enlightening.

Indeed. Just for the record, the guy in the commercials isn't him, I'm pretty sure.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

I knew I saw a resemblance!

Seriously, in HD, this made me want to vomit.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

You should grow some epazote and sub it for cilantro in a taco. Epazote has this almost truffl-y scent, in that it is ridiculously pungent.

I think it smells like gasoline.

But not in a bad way.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Epazote, or truffles? Because it applies to both.

Epazote. Love it in tortilla soup

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

"Tomahawk" veal chops "grilled to perfection" with our "Jack Daniel's Sweet Spicy BBQ Sauce" and "Crispy Vegetable!" Welcome to Chili's.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

I'm on day 2 of a carb-cutting routine, so I'm pretty punchy (and paunchy).

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

mindphlux posted:

good man. I'm not kidding about warning you not to search for it. :(

Pfft. That was not remotely terrible, internet-wise. That liquid looked fake, anyway. Once you've seen "3 men 1 hammer" and "1 man 1 jar," nothing else is the same.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:psyduck: Somehow I missed 3 men 1 hammer. What do I drink to get rid of this taste in my mouth?

E: VVVV :golfclap: Well done.

Yeah... I'm a pretty grizzled and sarcastic dude, but the whole helpless suffering of 3 men 1 hammer really hosed me up for a long time..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

He drew a deep breath. "Well, I'm back," he posted.