Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Sjurygg I still can't get over the fact that you put leverpostej in your lasagna ragú, I'm gonna have to try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Hah, love the new thread title

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Always interesting to live in a dorm. The kitchen looks like poo poo, and I just stuck my head out into the hall to see what the noise was about. It was a guy. Trying to reproduce goatse.

edit:
I knew we had that smiley somewhere
:goatsecx:

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

therattle posted:

But why? And who would do that in public? What depraved hellhole passing as an institute of higher education do you attend? Stanford? MIT?

I live at a engineering college dorm in Denmark. As to why? I blame our youth-alcohol statistics.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Can any of you guys read japanese? I've gotten some stuff from my brother in Tokyo, but I have no idea what the instructions on the box say.. I'm confused as what to add in the first picture, and wether to put one, or all, the 6 brown flavor bricks in. I've found the back of the boxes on the producers website for the first two, the others I took pictures of:

The third one has some notes on it, so I think that one means 200g beef, 600g onions, fry in 2 tablespoons oil, add 700ml water, and simmer with the cubes. But again, add four, or just one?

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Charmmi posted:

The ingredient list

1 box curry blocks
400g meat
600g onions (about three medium sized)
300g potato (about two medium sized)
200g carrot (about 1 medium)
salad oil 2 tbsp
1200ml water

Directions:

1. Cut up all the meat and vegetables into chunks, heat the oil in a stewpot until hot, put everything in the pot.

2. Add the water, bring to boil and then lower heat to simmer for 15min.

3. break up the flavor bricks and add them all, stirring until they dissolve

4. simmer another 10 minutes

You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you!

I'll experiment with how many blocks to add.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Ah ok, I suspected they were a kind of roux, I should probably add em all then as you say.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Wash the codeine down with the wine.

I just bought a pair of shoes online for the very first time. That makes me feel more bourgeois than I expected.

Report if they fit when they arrive.. I've never dared myself, on that account

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
What the hell is yelp and why is it so funny, yes I live under a rock (or apparently just not in Brooklyn)

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Going by the review of the day, I see what you mean

http://www.yelp.com/biz/little-lucca-sandwich-shop-and-deli-south-san-francisco#hrid:wlv2hFNWyYcYCzVF2f98IQ

why did so many people tag that funny. why.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I've heard a lot about Sriracha sauce, but never actually tried it before today. Holy poo poo. It burns. Burns so good

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I've only just started seeing Sriracha in danish supermarkets a few years ago or something. Before then it was usually the sweet chili sauce.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Cooking Sunday dinner with the mates atm. Power just went out. gently caress YOU POWER COMPANY, OUR SPARERIBS NEED HEAT

We're having American-themed night, with beer, ribs, home made fries, calamari, and cheesecake for desert.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I appreciate you venting but careful don't wake the physicists again

or physicysts

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
That looks really good and I haven't had dinner yet, crap. So hungry. Can I have a recipe? :)

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I see a new thread title here somewhere

But sorry to hear HH. Hope things improve soon.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

mindphlux posted:

I have titty hosed a girl but it only lasted about 7 seconds because I couldn't stop laughing at how goddamn hilarious it was

how do people actually get off on that

This

And yeah, she had big tits. I think they need to be retardedly big, anime style.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Phummus posted:

No. Tits don't usually have stubble between them. I mean sure, there's often a stray nipple hair every once in a while, but if you get a brush burn from tit loving you might end up with a restraining order keeping you 300 feet away from zoos, SPCAs and Alabama.

I really did not know women can get nipple hair. Or are you talking about men giving titfucks.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Heh, exactly. I can often spot the Brits on EU gaming servers from their atrocious English compared to other Europeans.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

i shoot friendlies posted:

"I didn't say he stole the money."

Each emphasis completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

Hah, this is great

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
What the gently caress, really? And here I was, respecting all scouts universally. I was a blue boy scout in Denmark.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

mediaphage posted:

THIS IS NOT HOW HEAT WORKS:

Of course it works! Just turn the shiny side of the foil outwards! :suicide:

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Drink and Fight posted:

I got a couch. It's the second most expensive thing I've ever bought (after my car). I feel like a grownup.

Dude you need to train your cat, it's getting cat hair on your brand new couch

Also, another thing for the mindphlux hatelist: flour in mustard

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Just shaved a little bit off the tip of my finger, being a bit too quick dicing an onion. Won't stop bleeding, and don't have any medical stuff nearby. gently caress.

Make me feel better guys, give me some horror stories. What's the worst you've hurt yourself in the kitchen?

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Holy poo poo you guys have some grizzly stories. Thanks, I feel better now, knowing not to whine over this little poo poo :)

I feel like I've heard you complaining about work before Hat, maybe you should look at what else is available on the job market? Yeah I know unemployment is bad atm.. But doesn't hurt to look.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Scientastic posted:

The correct thing to do in that situation is to come prepared. When the meal is served, pull a bloody steak out of your back pocket and slap it onto the plate.
I feel like I should try this at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, and then tell the waitress "this tofu meat is super awesome", and watch the horror in her eyes.

CuddleChunks posted:

Gentleman's guide to dinner
And this is awesome.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Global knife owner high five :):respek::) But you have a laguiole steak knife set? :love:

cut me in on that food club (hahahahahahahahahaha lovely pun, but seriously) I'm a average ameteur cook at best, but I'm learning. I've got a few friends in the business, one works at Reinwalds, and the other works at Orangeriet, so I'm getting my gastronomy education through them :downs:

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

So I've got like a quart of lime cilantro mayo in my fridge, what type of dishes can I make my vegetarian wife to help use this up?

Chicken oven-roasted veggie salad maybe? Or just take it with you to bed and have fun

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I just had 12x nr 2 oysters. They were really really good.

I'm a huge wiener, so I'm still getting used to the consistency/taste. But still. Holy poo poo they were good.

(@ Mr. Hat and Dane and other danes I haven't noticed yet, it was at Fishmarket. My first visit, and won't be my last)

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Toriori posted:

Oh sweet mother Mary, I just went to this little Jamaican place in town that I haven't been to before. Tiny place, nowhere to sit so take out only. Me and my fiance ordered a two item meal with jerk chicken, honey garlic ribs which comes with seasoned rice with kidney beans and a beef patty on the side. Holy poo poo, it's a good thing we got to share because the portions are HUGE. Its delicious, I'm glad to see a small business flourishing, he also only sells his stuff fresh and closes down for the day when he runs out. Time for food coma.

That sounds pretty amazing, I've never had Jamaican food :) The only-sell-as-long-as-fresh concept is new to me as well, never heard of that before. Do you mean he cooks a portion, and then they sell that off, or as long as they have fresh goods to cook from?

Edit: because I'm all alone on a new page. BOX WINE SNIPE

Darval fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 7, 2012

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
You could also do it with an immersion blender in the pot

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
It even has a grate at the bottom. That's awesome.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
mindphlux where did your avatar go?

e: new loving page, mindphlux post so people can see how avatar-less you are

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Oh dear, what did I start

SYFY HYPHY where are those amazing gifs from?

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

Phummus posted:

HappyHat, please tell me all Danish television is as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUZ-e2SkeMI

That's just the highlights, it's even better when you watch it. The literal translation of the title of the show is "Stupid and dangerous". I love the fact that they're not even trying to do it "For science" or something like Brainiac, it's just two idiots wrecking a ton of poo poo. There are plenty of times where the safety adviser on the show just gives up.

e: Beaten like a bitch

The thing Aumuller links is "Klovn", a show built 100% on the concept that the more awkward, the better. I don't really find it funny..

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
"This food tastes like baby blood"

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Are you saying "Oh no my muscles are too big for my clothes!" in a internet food thread?

I should probably visit W&W more often...

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
So good to hear it went well Phummus. Maybe you'll get to meet that cool doctor House if they can't figure out the abcess!

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
Holy poo poo Wiggles, didn't recognize you there for a second.

Haven't been to Israel before. Anything special about renting cars there since you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
I think the blue cheese would murder the smoked salmon, would be a shame. Blue-cheese steak is a classic, so maybe just a piece of beef?