Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

I was just thinking we were overdue for a purge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Fuuuck, I hate the wait that accompanies an offer on a house. The kitchen goes above and beyond the description of incredible. I'd make sweet forbidden love to both sets of the double ovens alone.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

I bought Dolmas in a can today, should I feel ashamed?

e:Lamest loving snipe ever :(

ex2:shame

Safety Engineer fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 28, 2012

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

therattle posted:

I've been on the codeine for my poor back (strained ligaments, apparently), and now I'm all blocked up, if you know what I'm saying. :(

Speaking from experience, get some Dulcolax, it works pretty well for painkiller related blockage issues. It may not be on the shelves but if you ask a pharmacy tech, they always have it on hand.

Barring that road, just pick up a poo poo-ton (pun unintended) of sugar free reeses cups and go to town.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Its my wife's Birthday today and I just found out that she Pre-ordered Mass effect 3 for me from Amazon. I am either married to the greatest woman on earth or the most foolish for tempting fate like this :).

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Need to try that - good replacement for sawdust (as I can't really get any of that).

Also...

Just got a new fireplace

I should have replaced the old piece of crap years ago!

Is it just me, or does that portrait in the back look like the person in the red shirt is a zombie?

E:Zombie portrait snipe

Safety Engineer fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 7, 2012

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

The scouting program in Utah is...well it's nothing like the one I did with my dad after we first moved back to the states. Tried it out with my son a year ago, I was kind of excited for him to have the fun I did when I was kid.

We both decided not to go back after the first meeting, it was boring as all hell and was basically endless prayer sessions followed by a discussion on how you really should get your Eagle if you plan on doing a mission. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic in the slightest bit either.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

The Macaroni posted:

My mom spent years trying to find me a non-Mormon troop to join. Once she finally found one and was satisfied with it, I joined up and had an awesome time...until my scoutmaster got hurt in an accident. :(

Even though I'm still Mormon at the moment, damned if any of my male children will participate in the Church scouting program. We'll go camping on our own, thanks.

I tried looking for a non-mormon one after that experience, but the closest is about an hour away. The ironic thing is that one started up in the tiny town we'd just moved out of :( I kept thinking "Are you loving kidding me", we left Tooele to be closer to society and the one damned thing I don't have access to suddenly pops up two blocks away from our old house!!!???

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Scientastic posted:

I think I might have to start a thread on homemade baby food soon.

Thats a cool idea, I'd have a ton of recipes to contribute. My wife and I made some of our second sons food at home and now our third little one has only eaten what we've made ourselves. It's much easier than most people would think. Well except that one time at my mother in laws where she insisted he'd like the stuff from a jar, he loves pureed carrots but apparently despises Gerbers version.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

Babyfood thread: Look what poo poo I stuck in a blender!

I quoted this one to my wife, she laughed her rear end off :).

It is a pretty apt description.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

NosmoKing posted:

Hey guys!

Worst injury I did to myself is the "pinned myself to the floor by stabbing a chef's knife THROUGH my foot" that most of you know about (and have seen the MS paint drawing).

Sorry I missed soapy titwank chat. :sigh:

To jump in on this, a few years ago I dropped a chefs knife and instinctively tried to AVOID it (unlike some of you crazy beautiful bastards), slipped on some oil I hadn't realized I'd spilled and tried to catch all of my weight with just my right arm. I'm finally getting around to having the surgery to fix the near complete destruction of the cartilage in my shoulder, mostly due to the fact that it dislocates every few days now :(

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I want FGM's review of nobu

Edit: also, wisdom tooth pulling has advanced a lot in the last two decades. When I first got them done the whole thing took an hour and couldn't eat solid food for a day. This year it took fifteen minutes and they just said to avoid seeds for a couple days.

Wow, my experience was nothing like that and I only had it done a few years....holy poo poo it was 10 years ago and now I feel old.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

My brother-in-law just finished culinary school, has almost 60k in debt and can't find a starting job making more than 10 bucks an hour (Utah). Granted, he is a dipshit who wont shut the gently caress up about making foams and beet juice extraction sauces, which his Instructors called "Genius".

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

So my brother in law is looking at buying a food truck business from someone who's retiring and wants me to go in on it with him. I'm not sure if this is the place to bring it up since I've been mia from the chat thread for quite awhile. Anyone have any experience with running/buying a food truck?

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My dad attempted to smoke pork back ribs. They smelled like a house fire. I'm sure something got hosed up, but I'm not sure what. Could it be because the heat was too high?

Probably oversmoked em, could also be the method he used. Did he keep adding chunks or chips and making thick white forest fire level smoke or was it a thinner blue type smoke? If it was the first, theres your problem, they can end up tasting like an ashtray if you do too much at too high of a heat.

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Pile of Kittens posted:

I live in a house with awful vegetarians who won't let me cook inside even if it's just a microwave, in the basement, and not using any of the house implements or dishes. I am literally not allowed to heat a beef burrito in my own room in my own microwave on a paper plate. I managed to get them to agree to let me cook on the back porch.

Why the gently caress would you willingly go in to that type of situation??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Engineer
Jun 13, 2008

Im going to the store to pick up a 6 pack of beer and a pregnancy test...we have four boys and my wife has an iud. Wish me luck.