Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.

Toriori posted:

Made home made creme eggs tonight. I think I might have diabetes. I certainly have nausea and never want another Cadbury creme egg ever again, even though I haven't even had one of my home made ones. Well that's one way of curbing a sweet tooth.

Some knowledge is best left ungained...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Chiming in late to agree that asking your doctor for an allergy test may be a good thing. Of course, go with whatever your doctor says, none of us are MDs. (I think)

Pricewise, buying all-new food is probably close to what the allergy test itself would run.

At least if you're doing it for several weeks, which is what many places recommend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elimination_diet

The misery of completely changing your style of eating to deprive yourself of your usual foods, cold turkey, is also a factor. Like the girl you mentioned who just ate salads.

At least, speaking from my experience with the confusion that is allergies, it was far more worth it and not any more expensive to get the blood test to find out that I was allergic to completely different things than I suspected.

tl;dr Obviously do whatever your doctor says, personal anecdote that having lab tests was a good choice for me.

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Yes, I want to live vicariously. Please give us vanpix, and let us know what names you are considering -- or have you already picked everything out?

Which cuisine do you plan on specializing in, or do you want to do a pop-up van?

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Chiming in with congratulations. :)

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Kenning posted:

So guys, we've been talking about participation – isn't it about GWSSS time? That's one of my favorite holiday things! I love eating other people's weird food.

Bart? What say you?

I'm sad I won't be able to participate this year -- blew my load on the NICSA presents, interpret that as you will. :pedo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

ParserGirl posted:

I moved to New Jersey from Ohio over eight years ago with my husband and have since obtained a divorce, but decided to stay out here because basically everything is better. The past few Thanksgivings have been spent either visiting with a friend's family or by cooking a great meal for the disabled clients at the group home I help manage.
This year is much different. My immediate family just drove in from Ohio to spend the week with me and have Thanksgiving in my apartment because I'm going to have spinal surgery later this morning; I'll be the one needing care for a change. I've made a few suggestions on keeping a turkey moist and such, but otherwise I'm so grateful for their help that they can cook whatever they like however they like it and I may or may not be drugged up enough to notice.
But I can't wait.

Good luck! Vicodin makes everything taste better! (Or makes you vomit, I forget.) Happy Thanksgiving and congratulations on such loving friends! :)