Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
oh they gave us back the chat thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Apparently Gourd's wedding was pretty and Croat is giving up a turn with mom to come over for dinner.

Goonpacalypse status: imminent.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Is there anyone else that needs telling off for correcting people's usage of the English terms "grilling" vs "BBQ" because I have a little free time now. Call it whatever you want.

FWIW I had croat and mainwife over for burgers and it was really pleasant! And yes, of course there was bacon. And my kids thought lex was awesome.

(and yeah I doubt my BBQ every time, but I just finish ribs in a sheetpan covered with foil in a 250F oven; and butts in a crockpot, until tender. I only have so much goddamn charcoal and time, you know.)

My rule is, if serving BBQ on Sunday, cook it on Saturday. It's just goddamn easier.

pr0k fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 29, 2012

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
It is the tao of bbq. It refrigerates well and stress is unpalatable.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Meanwhile, if I can ask...

Is this really a thing? Because Fergus Henderson would be in the left column and disagreeing with him is as close to sacrilege as anything I would recognize as such.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Fergus Henderson, specifically about curly parsley for the salad with the marrow bones posted:

Meanwhile lightly chop your parsley, just enough to discipline it, mix it with the shallots

That quote always makes me giggle. No offense to Wrought. She is awesome in her own way.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Interesting, kinda, but it makes it sound like they interviewed him and they'll get to that bit - but they didn't. Also the there/their mistake peeves me.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Now what's up with Macaroni he's a cool dude.

Ragequit and deleted all the FB GWS Illuminati from his friendlist for reasons unknown (attention whoring.)

oh god drat it just loving click

http://youtu.be/MBfYQOSSPqc

pr0k fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 31, 2012

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

SubG posted:

I bet this is better in the original moon language because `false willy' is probably something like `schlüerpendøngen'.

I cannot stop giggling.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Bertrand Hustle posted:

look at this jerk who eats trashcans

The poor used to eat trashcans but now the loving hipsters have driven the price up to $14/lb.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I have had it explained to me but it's no fun. What is fun is pointing out the horrible deprivations suffered by the Chinese gymnast the HR drone picked to adorn this months' homegrown motivational posters. Or gluing googly-eyes to the smiley faces on the posters telling us that it's "all about you! :)"

therattle posted:

Hey, pr0k! Long time no see.

Speaking of trashcans, how is your mom anyway? Good thing she isn't $14/lb - that would end up costing quite a bit.

'lo! :cool:

She charges by the inch so you wouldn't have to pay much.

:downsrim:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Lyssavirus posted:

I couldn't find pink salt.
http://www.butcher-packer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=55

Found!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Sup oldchat.

Married 8 years now, together 10. It's good, it's hard, it's good, it's great, it sucks, it's good. It's just kind of like that. Beats :smith: though.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
It's worth it for the kids definitely. Few things make me laugh harder.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
That crap is coming to an end dino, thankfully. Even old white jerks like me are vehemently pro LGBTBBQ.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I don't remember getting a tax break this past year. We must be doing this married thing wrong.

Depends on a lot of things. If you both work and you're middle class you really don't see much difference. One-income families see a much bigger benefit.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

sweat poteto posted:

I got stealth married in July this year and it is like this - starting as we mean to continue.
Hey man, congrats. :)

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Hit 'em with the nam-shub of Enki!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Aww, google changed the caption beta. It doesn't say this anymore:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

what might be some other good ideas?

Picnic in the park worked for me. Also I used taking self-picture of the two of us on timer as cover for getting on one knee next to her. Unfortunately due to nervous I hosed up the timer/picture part - I wanted to catch it on film which would have been a coup.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Sjurygg posted:

medium minus
That's "doubleplus rare" citizen!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I use vanilla firefox with adblock and pretty much nothing else. I am pretty much never troubled by ads. Pandora doesn't even try which surprises me a little.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

mediaphage posted:

Ew, firefox? Olds and their tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeV-DI09Q3w

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Kick rear end Halal!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

She said yes, cried, lots of hugging and a big hollywood kiss, you know how it goes.

Nicely done, sir. :golfclap:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Happy Hat posted:

My daughter won a fight at school today!

Does that constitute as good news?

Kick rear end, little aryan!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'm gonna propose to my wife tonight. Propose that we do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzIN3EgBIHg

mindphlux posted:

naw man we're gonna keep this poo poo on a roll

Fuckin sweet, man, goddamn. Congrats!

i mindphlux take you derp to be my awfully wedded wife fthful prtner in sicknss and in hlth n joy n sorrow n stuff till death 2 us part <kiss><rice><mazeltov!>

pr0k fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2012

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
My kids are picky eaters until the wife has been away for about 12 hours. Then they suddenly get all experimental. Funny how that is.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Goon sighting!

Pr0k made dinner for my family and it was delicious. That is all.

You failed to mention the :gay: purple butter. Your wife and kids are adorable. You, not so much. Also mom says you stiffed her.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

We don't live that close. The family and I were in town for some R&R and he invited us over. His gay butter was fabulous. Our kids played together like old friends. We drank. Was such a wonderful evening that on the ride back to the hotel the wife was lamenting that they don't live closer.

Aww.:allears:

Now Croat, Mainwife and FGR have all been to my house and lived to tell the tale. Certainly nothing bad will happen to the next goon that visits me! :drac:

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
We eat 'em here on the east coast - just usually they're sold sliced and called "sirloin."

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

These are supposed to be really good

I can testify.

I am in the habit of letting the knife's spine touch the magnet first, click on, then gently lay it over, to keep from nicking the blade. No problems.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Pretty much most chiles that are red/green start out green and then turn red as they ripen. That's not to say that growers don't prefer one variety for green and another for red. They might?

I like the purple variety, that's a popular one at our local farmers market for some reason. Good flavor, fresh and bright like a green but not bitter.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Solution: cure the pork belly with salt, sugar, brown sugar, and prague powder #1 for about 10 days. Then hot-smoke with hickory to 150F. The skin will slide off with the mere suggestion of a fillet knife.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Guacamole de Wiggles

Avocados, smashed
Limes, juiced
Salt, salted
Green chiles, roasted
Cilantro, finely chopped
Garlic, smashed, finely chopped

Mix well

I tried this and it was awful. I was out of avocado so I used eggplant and I don't like anything green so I used oranges instead of limes and rojo perro-verga instead of regular chiles and powdered hand soap instead of cilantro. Worst guacamole ever, you suck wiggles!

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

GrAviTy84 posted:

Okonomiyaki owns. Eat it.

In surprised there was no katsuobushi and kewpie at the very end. They typically drizzle/sprinkle it on after brushing the sweet soy glaze.

Suddenly inspired to post this.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqcx3z_lunch-queen-01_fun#.UXWdFMqRf30

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ds0wYpc1eM&t=143s

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

quote:

They makes knives as sharp as you'd expect a Guy Fieri knife to be.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Hey all.

Wiggles: sorry about your piss-pipes, that sucks to have your honeymoon ruined. A hurricane cancelled mine, but we rescheduled and it went fine from there.

I thought my fanboyism had no bounds:

Nope. Wife outdoes me. She got up to the mic first for the Q&A part, asked for a hug. Hah. She was still giddy this morning.

We do have some decent kebab in the states, at least in the DC area. Not nearly enough though.

pr0k fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 14, 2013

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Two tablespoons is just a starchy binder, I think you could use any nonwheat flour or starch. Amaranth, cornstarch, potato flakes, whatever.

Don't forget that you are missing the whole point of a dish like this if you don't serve it with yogurt and torshi. E: and good flat bread.
http://www.sadaf.com/sadaf-haft-e-bijar-torshi-18-3022/

pr0k fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Clavietika posted:

Gordon Ramsay sucks.

Watch the first three seasons or so of "The 'F' Word" and revisit your opinion. You may come to find that it will have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTzyR8vOOA4