Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Appl
Feb 4, 2002

where da white womens at?

therattle posted:

I've been on the codeine for my poor back (strained ligaments, apparently), and now I'm all blocked up, if you know what I'm saying.

Have you tried drinking 3 pots of coffee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

You can also save on condoms by turning them inside out

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I used to go through a shitload of paper towels whenever I cooked, so I now I just pull 2 or 3 side towels out when I start cooking and toss them in the laundry as they get contaminated.

Yes this is how you cook. I even have the added "benefit" of having my washer/dryer inside a closet in my kitchen, so when a towel gets too greasy I just chuck it right in the washing machine.

What the hell, paper towels.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Shouldn't have rinsed them, but if you eat them soon they're fine. In the fridge they'd last a month or more easily.

Oh I'm sorry, but you have No Say on the topic of eggs right now, jerk.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

mindphlux posted:

THANKS ENZYMES FOR TURNING MY DELICIOUS PORK INTO MEAT SLUDGE.

If you boil the marinade for 5 mins (and let it cool) before you put it on the pork, then it will not turn your meat into mush. Also don't marinate it for more than an hour, and put the garnish on when you're ready to serve it.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

I am joining in on the pro vermouth side. You need fresh, good, vermouth though - otherwise yeah, just drink straight liquor. Bad tasting vermouth makes a cocktail taste awful.

Taste your vermouth before you put it in your drink.. if you don't like the taste of it, you won't like the taste of it in your drink. It's the same rule as not using wine you wouldn't drink inside your food.

My preferences:

For martinis, gin and this guy:
http://www.dolin.fr/gb/vermout_dry_dolin.html

For manhattans, rye and this guy:
http://www.specialitybrands.com/bra...ormula-vermouth

Once you fix the vermouth, I like a 2:1 ratio.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Welp I guess I'm backtoschool.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Taco bell is shameful mostly because how easy it is to make good tacos at home, and also how easy it is to find good tacos after drinking at bars in a city.

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Palo Alto

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Turns out rubies are pricey as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appl
Feb 4, 2002

Casu Marzu posted:

Ehh, I don't really like stuffed pork chops.

Picky eater spotted