Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot hoot hoot hoot hoothoothoothoothoothoothoot hoooohootohtothotootothtoto, hoot

Sconechat: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/reci...e-scones-recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

hoot, hoot, hoot, hoot hoot hoot hoot hoothoothoothoothoothoothoot hoooohootohtothotootothtoto, hoot

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm playing with a copycat recipe for Hobnobs. I'm happy that they sell them in the international aisle of Publix here in FL, but and compel me to tinker.

I tried a Food52 recipe as well as this one, and decided I like the latter better. May try other base recipes later. Now I'm testing different adjustments for fun and profit.

Chocolate coated or chips inside: chips are just as tasty, much easier and much cleaner to eat.

Semi-sweet or bittersweet Ghirardelli chocolate: semi-sweet, surprisingly, since I like bittersweet better on ice cream.

Moisture: adding an egg and 20g of flour made these way more moist. Might up the oatmeal until I get the right balance, as this adjustment definitely took them outside of "digestive" range.

Peanut butter: yum. Folded in 140g after everything else was mixed. Slightly cakier, so may melt the butter instead of creaming if I do PB again.

Pressing flat (per the recipe) vs just scoop onto sheet pan: doesn't matter much without PB, with PB accentuated the cakiness.

How well do you think these would freeze? I want to eat like, one cookie.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Reminds me when I found 1.5L bottles of masala on sale for 2.50 so I grabbed a case of them and mixed with limeaid from concentrate.

Masala, or maRsala, because, ew.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

pile of brown posted:

The love of bread machines in this thread completely baffles me because they make lovely bread and are exactly the kind of shortcut this forum attempts to educate people out of

I was going to write an effortpost about how these forums used to be a glorious place when we were young and optimistic, but it's 2017 and the world has dimmed and now we just get drunk and eat taco bell in the dark.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

bartolimu posted:

a buddy who was in San Francisco and ate in a really great Sichuan place.

Where?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

al-azad posted:

If you've never had bad rice because the instructions recommend way too much water so you get a texture that's halfway to congee or rice pudding then you are blessed.

This has literally never happened to me. What instructions are you reading?

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

The Queen. Its frowned upon in polite society, or so Im told.

I don't believe that for a second. Flee, corgis!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Waci posted:

Wood sorrel is delicious and I wish I could buy it somewhere. Put it in salads or seafood sandwiches or chop it on some salmon, or just snack on it off the forest floor while camping...

That's a thing? Come to my front yard, bring a shovel.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Squashy Nipples posted:

That's what I usually do. But I was poking around online, and some people like to cook down some mirepoix in the traditional soup manner.

Some people are terrible cooks.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

bloody ghost titty posted:

Speaking of getting back on the horse- Ive got roasted chicken breasts from Monday night Id like to turn into something fast over sauted chard. Im not coming up with anything besides chicken salad sandwiches. Thoughts?

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...-spicy-sic.html

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

I've been making coffee with a stove-top mocha, sweetening and cooling it, and then using it for delicious, delicious iced coffee (which I love; much more than hot regular coffee). I wondered if there was an equivalent cold-brew method that was easier. I;m looking for espresso strength. Does that work with cold brew? if anyone has any experience I'd be grateful for your views.

We have one of these. You can control the strength. https://smile.amazon.com/Toddy-THM-...m/dp/B0006H0JVW

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

GrAviTy84 posted:

Someone have a link to Potehto's peach habanero ice cream?

Candied habanero and habanero syrup:

- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 5 sliced habaneros

Combine sugar and water in a pot. Heat on high until it reaches about 220f, then add 5 habaneros, sliced into thin rings. Cook for 20 minutes without stirring. If you stir, you'll get sugar crystals, and we want smooth syrup.
Remove from heat and let cool, leaving the habaneros in the syrup overnight. Strain the syrup into a jar and save it. Take the habanero rings and toss them on a silpat or wax paper covered with sugar. Let them dry for 2 or 3 days.

Roasted peach and habanero ice cream:

- 1 peach, roasted
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup habanero syrup
- most of your habanero candy, diced

First, cut the peach in half. Sprinkle each half with salt, and roast in a preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.
When cool enough to touch, pull the skins off. They should come easily. Then puree the peaches.
Combine the peach puree, syrup, milk, cream, and diced habanero candy in your ice cream maker, and make ice cream.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

Beyond burgers suck. Impossible burg or bust.

Truth. Impossible Burger is really good.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

no

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

therattle posted:

Yeah, were going the other direction of putting burrito ingredients into cornbread, but thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Cool, thanks, Ill check it out.
Hm, it calls for flour. I guess Id sub in GF. I would also need to get sour cream and buttermilk.

Look up arepas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

BrianBoitano posted:

Farmers markets have a rep for being bougie expensive, but eggs are $5/doz, the hens are happy, and they taste better than the $6.50 pasture eggs from Publix.

Try 3x that around here.

«10 »