Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GenericOverusedName posted:

And then you grab another one and bite it without looking and chomp down on a stink bug :barf:
This is worse than the entirety of the last thread to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

OmniElk posted:

God I suck balls for not learning how to properly cook before now.

If it makes you feel any better, you're already miles ahead of most of my RL friends just by being interested in cooking properly.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

dino. posted:

SEE ALSO: Assholes who are inconsistent. Honey is loving not vegan.
This is the chili with/out beans argument but for vegans, isn't it.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Phummus posted:

Does anyone have the 'How to Cook Everything' iPad app? Its really well reviewed, but is it worth the $10? Or should I spend the $10 on schlitz?
Never buy beer that sounds like a bodily function.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rule .303 posted:

How do you explain that lamb cooked by a chef who is an artisan and likes his job is better than mutton cooked in an industrial facility in the UK?
I think saying this is a pretty good start.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

i shoot friendlies posted:

You are working, you can eat, you have health care, you have comfortable shoes (maybe 1/50 of 1% of mankind has had that), modern dentistry (again, maybe 1/50 of 1%)
Just chiming to say that it is a bad thing that so few people have these things and it upsets me when people say "hey you can't complain because things could be so much worse, just look at <terrible nightmare country>!" when we could be saying "there's a lot of poo poo things everywhere, what can we as a society do to make things better overall for everyone?"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah but that's not really what the other guy was indicating. Plus, your way wastes a lot of ziploc bags which is bad for the environment.

bad bad bad

Not if you reuse the ziploc bags. I reuse those bags until they don't hold together any more.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Plastic Jesus posted:

Having grown up in the suburbs of Kansas City that article made me cringe. Had to read it bits and pieces because, yah. If anyone's wondering, that's exactly what much of the Heartland is like.
People in Lansing think that going to the Michigan Brewing Co. bar is a fancy place to eat. This is a place that uses buckets as decoration.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

pnumoman posted:

What, you don't like a hard fleshy appendage going back and forth between buxom bosoms that looks remarkably like a flesh colored turd being pushed out then sucked back in?
Well I'm certainly aroused.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Phummus posted:

Affect and Effect are not interchangeable.
Correcting someone's English often effects change in that person's affect.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
All I got was that CzarChasm's going to divert some human resources to his dick.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

KozmoNaut posted:

I took a gnarly dive when I was about 6 or 7 right onto the edge of a crooked bathroom tile and cut open my chin.

The doctor accidentally glued himself to me while he was fixing it up.
I can't even imagine how dumb the doctor felt when he realized he glued himself to a patient. Di he have to send for another doctor to free you guys up?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

bunnielab posted:

I think the solution is to ban all meats but pork, and convert all public lands into oak forests for them to frolic in.
Pigs produce a variety of delicious meats and oak forests are pretty so I am totally okay with this.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Charmmi posted:

22. Geoduck ceviche :psyduck:
Every time I see geoduck I read it as geodude and wonder how and why people are cooking with pokemon. :wooper:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Happy Hat has no star.
Holy hell man, whose 50 lbs. box of cheerios did you poo poo in to get that custom title?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I have acquired a six-pack of Short's Anniversary Ale. This made me exceedingly happy not only because it is a lovely lovely beer, but also because I apparently need beer to get through social interactions with group of people.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CuddleChunks posted:

It makes me sad that when marketers try to get me to buy their dumbass soups or prepackaged meals because it's just like mom used to make, I rear back a bit.
I always wanted to make a line of packaged foods whose tag line was "made just like you could make if you stopped being lazy and bought some ingredients instead of cans." Then put a recipe on the package for the same thing you're buying.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Darval posted:

GWS Culinary Chat: Don't wash your pants for six months, then use them for stock.

Scientastic posted:

I think that might be simultaneously the best and worst thing I've ever heard.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm not sure how I would feel if a woman shouted at me in German during sex.

Just picturing going at it and all of a sudden :byodame: SCHNELL! SCHNELL!
Pretty sure I would bust out laughing immediately, and 50/50 be able to continue.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Why not? That sounds like an incredibly apt comparison. :colbert:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CuddleChunks posted:

MY NEEDS ARE FRIED FOOD AND FORNICATION!
As yes, the three Fs.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
If he wasn't a douchebag I'd get him a gift certificate at the county registrar or wherever it you go to legally change your name.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

See - this is sexy because of the chicken molestation going on
Fixed. :fap:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

GrAviTy84 posted:

yes this is the best one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I

"IS U K IS U GOOD? CUZ I WANT'D 2 KNO~~~~"
The cinnamon dragon's breath weapon is deadly.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

pnumoman posted:

No no no, she will never offer to scrub your floors. You offer to scrub her floors, she'll laugh at you, then invite you in for a taco.

Taaaco.

Taaaaaaaaco. :dance:
Taco. :quagmire:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

I have send the video - it was not well received.
This makes me happy and also curious as to the specifics of their reaction.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Manuel Calavera posted:

what, fursuits? *shrug* I couldn't explain it very well.
I still wanna see you make the attempt.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I demand you develop more fetishes for us to mock!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mindphlux posted:

and yeah just eyeball with the broiler. always eyeball with the broiler. the second you turn your back to something cooking under a broiler on high, you're about 89% more likely to end up with a charred husk of carbon as your main course.

It is a known fact that ovens gain sentience when set to broil and will set themselves to cremate the moment you turn your back.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

wafflesnsegways posted:

People trying to better themselves and control what they eat is a good thing.
This is true. However, fad diets are rarely about bettering yourself and tend to be either a waste of time (time that could be spent actually bettering yourself) or actively detrimental (e.g. the cabbage soup diet, or high meat).

Also there's a lot of people here in the food/medical industry, and saying "My friend had a stomach ache so he went to the doctor and found out he has celiac disease, so he's eating gluten free. I have a stomach ache now, so obviously I have celiac too and will feel better if I go gluten-free!" and expecting niceties in here is kind of like going into SH/SC and saying "I downloaded speedycomputer.exe and ran it as admin, what can I do to make my computer from 2005 super fast?" and expecting kindness.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

wafflesnsegways posted:

But why are we even having that conversation in the first place? Someone came in and asked a question about avoiding gluten, and then had to spend several big posts proving that they actually have a reason for avoiding gluten. A while back, I said something about reducing saturated fat in my diet, and ended up giving my medical history to shut up someone who kept insisting that saturated fat is good for me. That's lovely.
People want to have a complete picture before they give an answer. If you want to just throw out a question with no context and get answers from people who don't need/want a complete picture before giving an answer, there's sites for that. But on this forum people like to know as much as possible before answering, because "how do I lower my saturated fat intake?" for example is not a question one can answer without knowing what you're eating currently. Additionally, if you have a specific reason to lower your sat fat intake, knowing that reason will let people give you additional tips and tricks related to that end goal.

We're not intentionally being lovely, we're trying to get a complete picture for your benefit. Getting mad about people wanting more info so they can help you better is lovely.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

wafflesnsegways posted:

Basically, everyone has to decide who they trust when it comes to making diet decisions, and GWS posters with funny names are never going to rank that high, so why play food police? You're probably not going to change anyone's mind, and you probably will scare people away.
Okay here's an honest question or three: Why are GWS posters any less trustworthy than the first hit on google, or the morning show host you only watch because she has huge tits? We have a lot of people here who are professionals in the food and/or science industries. They know their poo poo.

And why shouldn't we ask "hey are you following that diet because a doctor told you or because you read it on dietz4u.com?" Honestly, if being asked questioned about your choices is going to scare you away from a forum, then you should probably reexamine those choices and why you made them. You should be ready to defend your opinions and choices at any time, not just in GWS. This isn't a massive task, it just requires a little metacognition.

Lastly, I find your "it probably won't have an effect so never try to change anyone's mind" to be rather insulting. I'd rather risk offending people at the chance to educate them and lead them to a better understanding and a more informed decision than lay down and say "well it might not work so I'm not gonna do it." So yes, we might scare some people off, but those people are the kind of folk who think Sandra Lee is an amazing cook and refuse to hear anything to the contrary.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy going to Denny's, when in the states, because it is an experience that is completely alien to me
I live in the states and Denny's is pretty alien to me too.

quote:

Sadly - the rumors of there being Poutine in Canada is a lie though.
What? Every time I've been to Canada I've practically tripped over poutine serving places.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

The last 8 or 10 times I've drunk red wine (basically during the last couple of months or so), I've had a bad reaction to it, getting nauseous and a rash - what the hell?

I've got no reaction to white wine...

Can you all of a sudden become allergic to red-wine?
As I understand it, you can gain or drop allergies at any time. It's okay though, we can be non-wine drinking buddies (I get a migraine whenever I have any amount of any wine).

Also you now look like the guy from Breaking Bad!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

CuddleChunks posted:

Right, but I can make all the salsa chicken I want for only pennies on the dollar so I don't see why you'd pay some fancyman to go and cook a bunch of fish for you when you could easily put the fishsticks into the oven yourself and save your money for stuff that really matters - video games. :colbert:
Sadly I know a lot of people who feel this way, except it extends into "spices? Why should I pay $4 for a tube of spices when it all goes into the toilet eventually? I can buy myself a pack of hot dogs AND a loaf of wonderbread for that!" And then they go buy nothing but hot dogs and pizza rolls. :(

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Steakandchips posted:

Goon approved National Service sounds a bit lovely, TBH.
I think that's the point.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

dino. posted:

Dear Kingdom Hearts 1:
gently caress you and your long movies that I can't skip. Or, rather, that Puppy can't skip. Whatever. I got bored waiting for the game play to happen, so I wandered off to read instead.

It's as bad as water levels in old video games. gently caress those too.

No love,
-Me
No game that I know of tops Xenosaga for this problem. 90 minute cutscenes. There's cutscenes with save points because it goes so long it requires you to swap discs in the middle! gently caress you Xenosaga, if I wanted an anime movie I'd rent an anime movie.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
HH your posts are the best and I cannot be in a bad mood after reading them. :allears:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Daeren posted:

Moral of the story: if you're allergic to something, don't think you've grown out of it and take a big bite of it like a huge dumbass.
People do grow out of (and into) allergies all the time, though. Sucks that yours just decided to fake you out. I think you might have a sentient allergy that is trying to murder you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
One might say they're a bit ham-handed over there! :iamafag: