Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Last time I checked, washing soda wasn't considered food grade, and is not made or stored in equipment designed to contain food for consumption. Possible contaminants may exist, ones you particularly don't want to ingest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Thoughts out to you Phummus and your family. Have strength.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
You got a recipe for that chimichurri? My old boss at this cafe I worked at made this amazing chimichurri for special occasions to go on these tiny open face steak sandwiches that was amazing. I have been unable to replicate it.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

The Macaroni posted:

I pretty much eyeballed everything, but something like:

1/2 cup densely packed parsley
small handful of cilantro (maybe 2-3 tbs packed)
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice (bitter orange or lime juice would probably taste nice too)
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste

- put herbs and garlic in food processor and obliterate
- dump in bowl and add remaining ingredients
- if you put everything in the food processor at once you get an emulsion (aka chimichurri vinaigrette)

Guess the olive oil and vinegar weren't local, but the rest was.

Thanks so much for this...I'll give this a try. Then I think I'll make another batch with a bit of jalapeno or poblano in there too.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

mindphlux posted:

whelp, I did it; booked tickets in October to Chicago. gonna try my best to get an Alinea reservation.

anyone got any chicago tips? restaurants to visit? cheap yet decently located places to stay?

I just wanted to say that I stayed at http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-2993-sofitel-chicago-water-tower/index.shtml while there on business once, and it was absolutely amazing. Fabulous service, room service was good. Giant man sized bath tub in the room as well. I would definitely stay with them again. Though I'm not sure how cheap you meant, I know the company paid about $150 a night for me, and it looks like it's about $50 more a night than that on average.

Here is Stovetop fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 25, 2012

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Why is that BBQ pork on a bed of corn. I an almost wrap my brain around the BBQ beef on pasta, but the corn is breaking my brain.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
For me beets taste like sweet dirt. I don't mind the texture either, and maybe if I had some from some other part of the planet, or some really fresh ones (only ever ate canned ones growing up and they still make me want to vomit.) The smell alone of beets is a turn off for me. I still soldier on and make them for the old lady when she wants them but ick.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Get your fries or burger "Animal style."

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

dino. posted:

It just sounds so ... bland. Like, there's a bunch of other recipes in that same book that call for ginger, and clove, and mace, and all kind of good things. But the tomatoes? No basil, no garlic, no nothing. I was also WTFing at the addition of cream and baking soda. I've always thought of tomato soup as being ... tomato with stuff in, and not a creamy soup, because in my brain it doesn't go together.

I mean, tomato bisque is a thing. That being said it does sound blandish to me, but I imagine if you had GOOD tomatoes it would be pretty good, if you like tomatoes.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

BlueGrot posted:

Close, primary school!

So um, why did you agree to the interview, or how did you get the interview if it was for a job you didn't want?

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Congrats HH. I hope it proves to be the change you desire. If not, buck up and make it so.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
I thought it might have been the like 1c of oil he used through out the whole process, in some cases he was pretty much shallow frying instead of sauteing.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
@Dino. I made your Eggplant v2 last night, was awesome, and I'm not particularly a fan of eggplant. Wife loved it. Still trying to source curry leaves, but I am excited to try the other things in your book!

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
So I read where Cashews come from yesterday. I have to say I am terribly sad, that I will probably never get to eat a cashew apple, and I'm not going to quit eating them or anything but the nuts freak me out a little bit now.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Sometimes it feels like the air is attacking your lungs!

Scientcy, I appreciate your rugged individualism, but the bike is gonna get OLD come the hot months of summer. 90 degrees at 50% humidity is drat nice, at 95%+, not so nice.

Going to have to agree here, I live in SC on the SC/GA border, and even being pretty much right on the river. 80% humidity @ 95+ is sucky. It will definitely not leave you in any condition to work, unless your job is a gym jock, and even then you'll need to take a shower when you get there. Ugh. Public transit might be okay if you don't have to walk more than 2-3 blocks to and from bus stops.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.
Ugh, as a haver of kidney stones myself, I hope it was small, and passed quickly. I've had some pass as quickly as 20 minutes from the onset of pain, to some taking up to 3 days to pass. As long as you can still pee, they won't do much but give you pain meds, until you hit day 4-5 of it not having passed and the pain still in your flanks not having moved. If it's a big one they just bust it into smaller ones that still hurt like holy hell to pass. I cringe every time I think about it. I hope it doesn't ruin your honeymoon too badly!

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I want some cilantro soap. That would be awesome.

Sadly such a thing doesn't exist.

http://barsoapnatural.com/lime-coriander.html

There ya go Mexican flavored soap, or scented, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

Nicol Bolas posted:

Can we mock something else? Because I just discovered this post on imgur and it makes me really really sad:

6 Dollar Subway Pasta

You go in thinking "oh this can't be that bad" and then it's definitely that bad.

edit: "It sort of tastes like the essence of a Subway sandwich. Like how the sandwich smells."

What the gently caress is this. No really, I am really confused as to why you would buy a sandwich then deconstruct it, and reconstruct it into pasta and "garlic bread." And saute iceburg lettuce this assaults me on almost every level.