Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Oh my god. Parnips, where have you been my entire life? I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
I have a rabbit! What should I do with it? It's just under 3 pounds total. I found it for a good price but I've never done anything with rabbit before...

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Well, I have now spatchcocked a chicken. That was pretty easy! Thank you very much for the video, Gravity. She is now marinating for six hours or so, gonna grill tonight and I'll post some pics.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
I have come into possession of a decent 6-quart pressure cooker. I'm slightly nervous about blowing myself up but it does seem pretty straightforward. Any suggestions for things to try, uh...pressuring?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Or onion, or shallots. Everything needs onion and garlic and shallots. That said, does the average home cook even know what a shallot is?

I have some rather large (size of a small onion) shallots in my kitchen right now. Found a great local market that sells them for $1.99 a pound. I use them a lot, sometimes instead of onion.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Saturday afternoon, no pressing obligations, decided to braise a meat.

Doing something like this: http://mobile.seriouseats.com/2012/04/better-than-chipotles-beef-barbacoa-tacos.html

I also made my own chili powder for the first time, with excellent results. I am happy to live in an area heavily populated by Mexicans...there are so many dried chiles at the local grocery store... :swoon: (lots of other whole/dried stuff as well, like this awesome whole oregano I got that triples in size as soon as it gets moist)

I ended up using ancho, mulato, and negro. I wanted it to be on the mild side, and it has a pleasant sweet, smoky flavor.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Baby, I got a STEW going!

...but now I have to wait. drat. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

bartolimu posted:

Waiting for a stew is the perfect time to bake a loaf of bread to go with said stew.

That would have been a great thing to realize while I was at the store getting the stew ingredients, so I could also get bread ingredients. Oops.