Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Is there like, a school or a certification that you have to get for this to do it legally to other people's horses?

There are schools and certifications, but no legal requirements in the US. The best farriers I've met found the right person to apprentice under and learned from the bottom up while working.

Though the "in" thing right now is to not use shoes. My trimmer is teaching me how to do at least maintenance trimming on my horses' hooves - if I didn't have a bad back, I'd do it all myself.

Sorry for the derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Vlex posted:

The cat in my house is leaving tomorrow with his owner. :(

edit: holy loving tables

His?

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Do it with some decent brats and boil in Shiner Bock.

Drink the Shiner, and feed the spaghotdogs to someone who doesn't know better.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

rj54x posted:

Spaghotdogs? Those are clearly lingweenie.

Lingweenie makes it sound so much cooler than it really is.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I'm a hard core meat eater, but I must respectfully disagree. Although rarely encountered in the wild, good vegan cheese is entirely possible. If you culture it with the same molds use to culture dairy cheese, then it will taste much like the real thing!

Of course, texture is the hard part. I've had some very good vegan cheese made with cultured raw cashew, but that's never going to melt. Getting vegan cheese to melt requires weird ingredients and/or chemistry, and the results aren't great.

Here is my GF's famous recipe for vegan blue cheese, the secret ingredient is fermented tofu:

http://melomeals.blogspot.com/2012/05/vegan-blue-cheese-recipe.html

Wait...you're dating Melody from melomeals? Holy crap. I've read her for quite a while.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

esperantinc posted:

Pffft, wisdom teeth? Ya'll are lightweights. Try having ALL your teeth being in pieces and needing dug out of your gums at 23. That was fun.

Meth: not even once.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Chemmy posted:

I had that happen to me in 2012, the best part was I was waiting for my house to finish being built.

I don't have good advice, I was essentially homeless since no one would rent to me for one month and it sucked poo poo.

I offered my landlord double rent to not get kicked out, but they wanted to sell.

I lived in hotels and Airbnb rentals, and had to move every three days for six weeks. If I ever run into my landlord I'll sucker punch him.

What if you just refused to leave? Wouldn't they have to go through the long eviction process that might have given you enough time to finish the house?

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

mich posted:

Pho is a breakfast food.

Why won't my local awesome pho place listen to me and open up for breakfast? That'd break my wallet, but my mouth would be so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

FishBulb posted:

I mean if you read the whole thing he's just trading one type of "heavy regulatory burden" (that of hand washing) for another (giant signs and "clear advertising" that say the employees don't wash their hands) so really not only is he a tremendous dumbass, he's a huge hypocrite who doesn't even understand the belief he's trying to act like he holds.

I read one article that made it pretty clear that, as a freshman senator, he's just trying to make a name for himself. Regardless of whether that name is "Senator Dumbass" or not.