Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
They just had Christian Finnegan on who lives in nyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Scott Aukerman is back on the podcast. He comes in at about minute 39 if you’re like me and want to skip to him.

edit: If anyone here pays for the video feed, could you uhh take some screenshots or something of their "parking lot" setup? I saw that in the description and wasn't sure if that was serious, but they talk a decent amount about parking lot recording logistics and I am really curious what it looked like.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 23, 2020

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Is anyone keeping up with this show anymore? I've only made it to S18, still enjoying but going slower on the episodes than I used to with no real hopes of completely catching up anymore. I just found out they completely overhauled their subscription service and are now doing three episodes a week.

Has any new life been breathed into the show lately? Despite the general consensus of this thread for the last 5+ years they seem to be doing better than ever. Is Riptor still the only other fan besides me?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I still listen, and I enjoy it, but I'm several weeks behind because of work-related reasons.

I don't really have much to say about the show except I enjoy the entire cast and Jimmy Pardo is still my favorite comedian. It held up much better than I expected when they had to start recording over Zoom. They've been able to get more varied guests, too.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zerot posted:

I don't really have much to say about the show except I enjoy the entire cast and Jimmy Pardo is still my favorite comedian. It held up much better than I expected when they had to start recording over Zoom. They've been able to get more varied guests, too.

yeah this is my take on it too. they've also made a concerted effort to have more guests of color, which was sorely needed in my opinion.

also as I've said this mostly doesn't work as a drop-in-drop-out, listen-when-there's-an-interesting-guest kinda show - it pays off most when you listen consistently. which, if that's not your bag, that's fine!

I will say I'm not hugely on-board with the isolation files (the third episode they do every week where they play some sort of trivia game) since it tends to be very slow and sometimes has a visual component, and I only really bother with the audio version

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I only listen to the ones with guests I already like from the earlier seasons

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
This week's episode with Cheryl Hines is fantastic, and in a very different way than an other good episode. If you haven't heard it yet, go into it know that Jimmy has no idea about Cheryl's personal life or views until the very end of the episode. Jimmy doesn't know when he makes a joke about JFK's head getting blown off that Cheryl is married to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (JFK's nephew). He also goes off about anti-vaxxers and RFK Jr. is one of the most prominent anti-vaxxers in the world. Cheryl sat in silence. To further complicate things Hines just signed on with Misfit Toys to produce and and release her podcast, the podcast network that Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap run.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Yeah that was a very fun reveal at the end, and Cheryl's statement that "everyone has their own ideas" (or something similar) about vaccines.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

JFC posted:

This week's episode with Cheryl Hines is fantastic, and in a very different way than an other good episode. If you haven't heard it yet, go into it know that Jimmy has no idea about Cheryl's personal life or views until the very end of the episode. Jimmy doesn't know when he makes a joke about JFK's head getting blown off that Cheryl is married to Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (JFK's nephew). He also goes off about anti-vaxxers and RFK Jr. is one of the most prominent anti-vaxxers in the world. Cheryl sat in silence. To further complicate things Hines just signed on with Misfit Toys to produce and and release her podcast, the podcast network that Jimmy Pardo and Matt Belknap run.

lmfao haven’t listened in a long time but I’m gonna listen to this ep, ty lmao

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JFC posted:

:yikeseroo: I just checked up on this thread to see if I should start listening again and woow! How's the fallout from that? I think I would cringe so hard I would implode into a black hole if I listen to that episode.

Also 3 eps a week? I thought they ran out of stuff to talk about with 2 per week! I'll still go see Jimmy any time he's in town but I think the show is done for me.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

They're back in the studio as of today's ep for anyone interested

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Also Art19, of which Matt Belknap is cofounder and SVP, was just sold to Amazon https://variety.com/2021/digital/ne...ykdSyPmzerToqoo

Riptor fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 28, 2021

nah
Mar 16, 2009

drat, good for Matt

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I only listen about once a month when I think the guest is good, also my RSS stopped for 3 months and I never noticed it did, which tells you how low. on the comedy podcast totem pole Jimmy is

who's your crawdaddy
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anybody still listening? How's the show?

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
My primo membership and my gym membership are in the same category of “pay it every month and never actually use it”

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

who's your crawdaddy posted:

How much do you hate the orange man and love hearing lib talking points

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It's wrong to call Mayim Bialik an antivaxxer because she didn't question the covid vaxx, only all the other ones.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The show continues to be hit or miss based on the guest, but weirdly, I've grown to love the cast-only eps.

I will also say, I'm quietly worried about whatever is going on with Jimmy, health-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

who's your crawdaddy posted:

My opinion has not changed in the 18 months I've been listening to like an episode every 6 weeks