Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«20 »
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I also gave up on this podcast, but I miss hearing Jimmy so I might dip back in. I think I stopped when my annoyance with Matt reached its peak. People always complain about Elliot but I feel like the only difference between him and Matt is that Jimmy shits on Elliot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

You could always pull a WTF and fast forward through the beginning until the guest arrives. I only listen to the free shows and if it's a guest from broadway or a soap opera I skip it.The best guest he's had on this year was Romesh Ranganathan; firstly because he's a funny guy, but also because they didn't already have a history with him so the appearance didn't devolve into the usual boring conversations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

It has become way more guest dependent to me now than it had been in the past. I just never subscribe to the players club any more and get by on the earwolf feed, and just dip in if I don't know the guest or if it's someone good.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

JFC posted:

You could always pull a WTF and fast forward through the beginning until the guest arrives. I only listen to the free shows and if it's a guest from broadway or a soap opera I skip it.The best guest he's had on this year was Romesh Ranganathan; firstly because he's a funny guy, but also because they didn't already have a history with him so the appearance didn't devolve into the usual boring conversations.

Yeah, this is what I was doing when I was last subscribed.

I was completely skipping "and the boys" and most later live episodes though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

apparently matt and eliot got into a fight while playing fortnite and they had to stop the episode to discuss it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That is deeply embarrassing

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It was really weird and pathetic. I'd love to know the whole story behind that.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Isn't matt belknap in his 40s with a 10 year old child at this point, good lord

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Oh it was all on Elliot's end though

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Riptor posted:

Oh it was all on Elliot's end though

That's on you man

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Like three years ago I would have been so excited to see Rob Reiner as a guest, but now Iím worried itís gonna be non stop trump poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Like three years ago I would have been so excited to see Rob Reiner as a guest, but now I’m worried it’s gonna be non stop trump poo poo.

takes less than 3 minutes to get into it once he arrives

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Matt Belknap is really terrible at accepting opinions that vary from his own. If Garon doesn't like the loving Ant-Man movie, clearly it's just because he's watching it wrong.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

who would've thought rob reiner of all people would be outspoken about liberal issues

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

ah finally an episode for me, scott aukerman comes in at 41:30 and its pretty good

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

I was completely out of other shows to listen to and I was mad that the last episode of Threedom was entirely them playing their awful "features" so I downloaded the Jameela Jamil episode. It was really good. She immediately got it and was very funny. It was for sure a mistake to listen to the part before where she came in, so I'll skip that when I listen to the Chris Fairbanks one. Maybe I can get away with listening to a few episodes here and there and not be exhausted by it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Boco_T posted:

I was completely out of other shows to listen to and I was mad that the last episode of Threedom was entirely them playing their awful "features" so I downloaded the Jameela Jamil episode. It was really good. She immediately got it and was very funny. It was for sure a mistake to listen to the part before where she came in, so I'll skip that when I listen to the Chris Fairbanks one. Maybe I can get away with listening to a few episodes here and there and not be exhausted by it.

Yes, Jameela Jamil was fantastic. As my list of gripes with this show grows longer, the more my enjoyment depends on the quality of the guest. Which is why I have no regrets about not resubscribing to the Players Club, where the guests are mostly hack comics you never heard of or tired old regulars like Mike Siegel and Paul Gilmartin.

Apparently Eliot doesn't have a girlfriend any more. Hard to believe, huh?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

I ended up listening to about 10 from 2018 with proven guests: Andy Daly, Demi, Chris Fairbanks, Jackie Kashian, Cristela. I added the free feed (Stitcher version) to my app but I mostly refresh and see that it's not someone I'm interested in enough to download and wait for the next one. Last one that I bothered with was April Richardson from Halloween. But it's worked out well enough for me to recommend. Still incredible to me how exactly the same the show has been for a decade at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Tom Arnold continues to be a fun wrecking ball. The intro to the story about his brother's wife is solid insanity.

«20 »