Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tnimark posted:

I didn't get to see it live, but I noticed on the Twitter updates the amount jumped very quickly from ~$50,000 to ~$100,000. Did they have somebody offer to match the total again like last year or was there just a very large donation at one point?

They had someone who agreed to match the total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

LesterGroans posted:

They had someone who agreed to match the total.

And it wasn't announced until they hit $55k to keep the momentum going.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
And what was the thing in the envelope? I ran out of steam at Dave Holmes and missed the end.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Greggy posted:

And what was the thing in the envelope? I ran out of steam at Dave Holmes and missed the end.

There was apparently a Yakov Smirnov poster in the lobby and he thought everyone would make a joke about it. None of the guests came in through the lobby, though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I liked this week's show a lot. Jimmy's rant was great, and Seth Morris was a really good guest. Never Not Funny was definitely the last place I ever expected to hear a discussion on bitcoins.

Also, did anyone else get a survey from NNF this week? It asked how long I've been subscribed and whether I would stay subscribed if the show was free every week with video plus an extra show per week for subscribers. That could be really good for the show, it's hard to recommend it to people knowing they'll have to shell out $25 to listen. Not that that's a lot of money to spend, but it's hard to get people interested in any podcasts in the first place.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I got that survey as well, and I guess I feel a little odd, as I've never gotten into the video side of things (I don't stream videos on my computer, only via a Roku or similar device).

Jimmy & Co will probably still get my $25 a season, though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah I don't really care about the video but an extra show a week would be great.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'll be subscribing no matter what, but man if they'd bump the video up to HD, that's be even better.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I love Todd Glass and Jimmy together :allears:
What a great episode.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
As per usual, I've purchased this latest season after at least 20~ episodes have been upload, as I prefer to listen to them in a glorious Jimmy Pardo binge.

I'm already loving this season. I do hope the gambling fades out, however. It's just boring.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Radio Talmudist posted:

I'm already loving this season. I do hope the gambling fades out, however. It's just boring.

It does.

Also, anyone know what Jimmy was talking about with regards to a phone call about "the biggest business decision of [his and Matt's] lives"?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Aw, I like the gambling. :(

I too want to know what this call is about.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Riptor posted:

Also, anyone know what Jimmy was talking about with regards to a phone call about "the biggest business decision of [his and Matt's] lives"?
I think it probably has to do with the survey that went out - probably going back to a free feed and a secondary premium show?

The secondary premium show will be nothing but phone calls and betting.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
I know you're kidding, but I'd probably pay for that.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah i'm guessing the same, and agreed with urk

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
...The Return of Mike Schmidt!?
...Scott Auckerman, now the permanent 3rd chair?!
...Jimmy finally kills Elliot?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

They ask John Hodgman if they can bring back Judge Jimmy.

And they finally unpack that loving gavel they were sent.

(What was that, season 6?)

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Is there no ep today?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

nevermind! just plopped. rachel quaintance

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
Just listened to the Ben Schwartz episode....one of my favorite guests by far. He understand the exact spirit of the podcast interesting, a really funny guy.

I've been wondering what my perfect NNF podcast season would entail. Probably:

1. Ben Schwartz
2. Adam Scott
3. Danielle
4. Mike Schmidt
5. Mike Siegel
6. Paul Gilmartin
7. Paul Auckerman
8. PFT
9. Jon Hamm
10. Al Madrigal (loved his two appearances)
12. Rachel Quaintance (but she needs to stop talking about Willow or whatever the gently caress her daughter's name is)
13. Todd Glass
14. Phil from modern family (I forgot his name!)
15....and I would kill to have Amy Poehler do a full podcast.
16. Oh, and of course Conan.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Wall to wall Graham Elwood.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nothing but Janet Varney making fun of a flustered Jimmy.

If she hasn't been murdered by her auction winner.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Big changes at NNF! Announced on the new episode with Scott Aukerman.

From the website: 'You heard right, folks: Never Not Funny is going free! Starting on January 30th, the full audio of every episode will be available for free via Earwolf, our free feed, iTunes and wherever else podcasts are found.

For fans who want more, we're introducing The Never Not Funny Players Club. When you subscribe to the Players Club, you get full video of every episode, a second weekly episode in both audio and video formats, plus exclusive bonus content like NNF live show audio! Players Club membership is $29.99 for six months, $49.99 for the year. Sign up now and for $99.99 you get a full year, plus an exclusive Players Club T-shirt and membership card. To join the Players Club, pick your package below!'

Pretty happy about this to be honest. I'll definitely stay subscribed for the extra weekly episode.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah, and being able to buy a year at a time will be nice. Awesome change.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This rules, and it's pretty great to see NNF become part of Earwolf since Jimmy and Scott seem so friendly

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
gently caress I was expecting the 2 shows a week since they sent that survey a month or two back, but joining Earwolf came out of left field. Holy. poo poo. Amazing. I'll still be giving them the money but I really hope it exposes more people to NNF.

Podcast history y'all.

Just bought a year sub for $69

redz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 9, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Jumping on the wagon to say this is awesome news, and I'm subscribing to the yearly player's club to show support (and because I can this month...)

I really, really hope this works out well for them. It is kind of a big risk.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Pardo joined twitter. This is too many changes guys. I can't handle it. :psyduck:

redz
Sep 19, 2003

I guess they are going all out to get the new listeners and then hopefully get them to join The Player's Club. I like the new direction, I really hope it works out for them.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Opened the fridge at work today to find Purity Organic juice there

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Riptor posted:

Opened the fridge at work today to find Purity Organic juice there

You get the Mango Chinese flavor?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Opened the fridge, found Viso Energy Drink.

Proceeded to tell Portland to go suck a dick.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Will the full version of all his past episode be free, because i'm looking on itunes right now and they're still only giving out the short versions :(

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Yes, it's up. Showed up on my Downcast app.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Nothing's popping up in my Players Club feed in Downcast :(

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Regular audio episodes are in the free feed only, I think.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Riptor posted:

Nothing's popping up in my Players Club feed in Downcast :(

According to the NNF twitter, the A/V for the Player's Club will be up later this morning.

E: well, specifically the video, but the two might be related...

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 30, 2014

redz
Sep 19, 2003

Boco_T posted:

Regular audio episodes are in the free feed only, I think.

Oh I thought the Player's Club audio feed would still have all of the episodes. Have they said what day the 2nd weekly ep will drop?

redz fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 31, 2014

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It wouldn't be that difficult for them to drop the free episode into the Players Club feed would it? Not a big deal, just kind of annoying to have two separate feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

redz posted:

Oh I thought the Player's Club audio feed would still have all of the episodes. Have they said what day the 2nd weekly ep will drop?
Monday, I don't remember if it's specifically Sunday night or Monday night. They were soliciting Stupid Questions on Twitter today so they were clearly recording it.