Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I love jimmy referring to Uhh Yeah Dude as "gently caress Yeah Dad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Riptor posted:

I love jimmy referring to Uhh Yeah Dude as "gently caress Yeah Dad"

Made me angry. They led the way for you old man!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Brock Samson posted:

Made me angry. They led the way for you old man!

I guess in a way since UYD dropped their first episode 2 months earlier, but this isn't one of the comedy podcast bandwagon shows.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Jokez I'm aware of that

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Oops, my bad.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jimmy and Seth are basically the same people, OCD/neurosis-wise.

(EDIT: they're also both the funniest people in the world)

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 26, 2014

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
For anyone who follows the 40 year old boy, did Mike and Karen get divorced? I notice he seems to be getting engaged to someone else, and was surprised because I had no idea his previous relationship appears to be over?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Radio Talmudist posted:

For anyone who follows the 40 year old boy, did Mike and Karen get divorced?
Yep. About a year ago? Maybe a little less. He kept it quiet for a couple months and then released a loving doozy of an episode detailing it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

mike schmidt is a weird dude

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Yep. About a year ago? Maybe a little less. He kept it quiet for a couple months and then released a loving doozy of an episode detailing it.

drat. When he has a heart-to-heart about something he really cares about, he is unmatched as a raconteur. I might just go buy that episode.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah the episode was pretty amazing. But when I listened to it I didn't know what was coming, so ymmv.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Almost exactly one year ago (March 14, 2013). Episode Forty-Nine, Year Five ("Almost") is the one you're looking for.

And yeah, the last 20 minutes are unbelievable.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

Scylla posted:

Almost exactly one year ago (March 14, 2013). Episode Forty-Nine, Year Five ("Almost") is the one you're looking for.

And yeah, the last 20 minutes are unbelievable.

Thank you! Has he ever released a best of? I know he has other amazing stories but I can't be bothered to purchase his whole back uncatalogued.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Radio Talmudist posted:

Thank you! Has he ever released a best of? I know he has other amazing stories but I can't be bothered to purchase his whole back uncatalogued.
Nope, but if anyone's interested, I'll scrounge around and look for some specific episodes that should be listened to.

I'll be doing it by using the art as clues. And it will specifically be the one about him getting waxed.

EDIT: This week is a "Best Of" clip show, actually. By Schmidt standards, that means two stories.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Nope, but if anyone's interested, I'll scrounge around and look for some specific episodes that should be listened to.

I'll be doing it by using the art as clues. And it will specifically be the one about him getting waxed.

EDIT: This week is a "Best Of" clip show, actually. By Schmidt standards, that means two stories.

I know one episode worth listening to is the one where he describes his going to pardcast-a-thon before he made amends with Jimmy and Matt. I remember it being heartfelt and moving and a great story all around.

To this day, I don't know if there was a specific reason as to why Schmidt left NNF after season 1. Or was he and Jimmy just pissing each other off?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yeah Jimmy said it was basically that they were butting heads and feelings of resentment were starting to rise, so Jimmy basically tried to save the friendship by booting him off, which fortunately appears to have happened. also mike isn't that funny

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
PFT Day!

Pleeeeeease bring back Robert

E: Elliot is really upping his A/V game lately. I like the additions to the eps and love the new intro, but I hope they don't overdo it.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 20, 2014

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

urk the quack posted:

PFT Day!

Pleeeeeease bring back Robert

E: Elliot is really upping his A/V game lately. I like the additions to the eps and love the new intro, but I hope they don't overdo it.

I know it's for ipods and what not but they really need to up the video quality. Doesn't even seem like it's 480p with how washed out it always looks.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

redz posted:

I know it's for ipods and what not but they really need to up the video quality. Doesn't even seem like it's 480p with how washed out it always looks.

Given Eliot's 7 camera set up it honestly makes no sense how low quality the videos are. A schmuck with a smartphone could film higher red stuff.

I still like Eliot though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm new to this podcast since it's been on earwolf. Did Conan buy them steaks or what?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I'm new to this podcast since it's been on earwolf. Did Conan buy them steaks or what?

He took them for steaks!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Radio Talmudist posted:

Given Eliot's 7 camera set up it honestly makes no sense how low quality the videos are. A schmuck with a smartphone could film higher red stuff.

I still like Eliot though.

He really should consider changing the name.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Matt "Alwuz" Belknap

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

haha awesome, Dan Katz is the guest on the players club

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?

Riptor posted:

haha awesome, Dan Katz is the guest on the players club

Yea yea yea.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Can't wait to find out who this douche comedian is. Gotta watch the upcoming Tonight Show guests I guess?

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Brock Samson posted:

Can't wait to find out who this douche comedian is. Gotta watch the upcoming Tonight Show guests I guess?
That was a pretty good episode, but holy poo poo, Kilmartin's cackling... :stare:

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm 10 minutes into the guest portion of the new Players Club episode and these two guys have been just been complaining about how hard it is to be in the friendzone. The subject needs to change or this is going to be unbearable.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

tnimark posted:

I'm 10 minutes into the guest portion of the new Players Club episode and these two guys have been just been complaining about how hard it is to be in the friendzone. The subject needs to change or this is going to be unbearable.
I wasn't watching the video so I couldn't tell for sure which one was the worst, but I think it's the guy that plays video games with Conan. He was a horrible guest, their podcast sounds awful, and then he wraps it up by telling one of the worst stories I've ever heard about a lovely friend of his and then he's like "oh no this guy's still my best friend!"

At least this episode was only for paid subscribers? That's about all you can say for it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah, when they were reacting to Jimmy before he brought them in I thought it might be a pretty great appearance because they seemed to be pretty fun, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Scott Aukerman ep :woop:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Yesssssss

I don't know why I just thought of this, but an underrated moment in NNF history is when Scott estimated John Dillinger's penis was 3 feet long. I think I've never had quite the same reaction to anything else in my life before

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Greggy posted:

Scott Aukerman ep :woop:

Yesssssss.

Wait how are you seeing this? Do playa's club members get them early or something?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Wait how are you seeing this? Do playa's club members get them early or something?

Post from NNF on Facebook.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yesssssss.

I do use the player's club feed, I just happened to refresh my podcast listings at the right time.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

yesssss it was my suggestion on twitter for them to do the whole episode of singing

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Late reply, but just wanted to say that hearing Jimmy talk about ASMR was for me the funniest part of the season so far. Second was Aukerman apologizing for that atrocious sentence about the lead in the Rocky musical.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Late reply, but just wanted to say that hearing Jimmy talk about ASMR was for me the funniest part of the season so far.

When was that?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
ASMR was on the Adam Ferrara episode I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

Boco_T posted:

I wasn't watching the video so I couldn't tell for sure which one was the worst, but I think it's the guy that plays video games with Conan. He was a horrible guest, their podcast sounds awful, and then he wraps it up by telling one of the worst stories I've ever heard about a lovely friend of his and then he's like "oh no this guy's still my best friend!"

At least this episode was only for paid subscribers? That's about all you can say for it.

While the friendzone stuff was a little cringey, it was actually not a bad episode on the whole. And I thought his story about his insane parrot-murdering friend was horrific and hysterical because of its horror.