Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Is there a Wiki for this show somewhere? I'm a new listener obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Riptor posted:

There's Never Not Notes, which is a play by play of every episode. Do you have any specific questions?

I don't have that many specifics. I was just wondering if there was some background on the non-Jimmy people of the podcast. I already know what happened with Andrew Koenig because I vividly remember that news cycle, unfortunately. I would be interested in buying the past episodes that showed how they dealt with his passing though, if you know the #'s. I am also curious as to how Jimmy met Matt. I'm guessing it was through AST?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Boco_T posted:

They didn't actually post the SF Sketchfest live episode yet. I hope there are more details on that too.

edit: haha I'm an idiot. It was last year's sketch fest.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 11, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm new to NNF this season. What's the story behind Jimmy making fun of Chris "Mad Dog" Russo? That's a pretty obscure reference for a comedy podcast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I can't go an episode of NNF without wishing this was the theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2daXghqHgjQ

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It cracks me up that Jimmy Pardo lives in Baldwin Hills. Bet you a dollar he's getting a Bluetooth when he turns 50.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jimmy Pardo sounds like a good dad. That's the most I've gained from listening to NNF since they joined Earwolf. Just a good rear end dad. Wanna meet that dad.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jason Nash's inadvertent mash-up of Interpol and Jewish praying had me dying.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

That would've added a whole new dimension to Jimmy's weekly trashing of Serial back when it was still running.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

piratepilates posted:

Do NNF fans enjoy Elliott/other dudes on the show, and the parts that aren't the guest interviews? The only times I listen are when a good guest are on and I have to skip through like 40 minutes of not-guest, and then that still gets interrupted sometimes by asking some random people in the studio what boring things they got up to while you have like Judd Apatow or Andy Daly there on mic :confused:

gently caress yeah. It's just Jimmy Pardo making fun of a bunch of nerds!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm shocked Jimmy didn't get his rear end beat at Dodger Stadium in the 90s. Because in his drunk Chicagoan accent, "Let's go, Nickel!" sounds a lot like something else.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He's really not. He's a raging liberal born and raised in NYC with a very dry comedic style.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Why is Garon gone?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JFC posted:

Just curious, are most of you that post in this thread Player's Club members or just listen to the free episodes like me?

Just free. Started listening when they joined Earwolf. Do the Player's Club episodes usually have an additional guest or is it just them shooting the poo poo?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

The latest episode was kind of unsettling to listen to. Recorded on the morning of election day and they're doing the usual joking around about a Trump victory like it's a crazy thing that is very unlikely to happen.

Every podcast this week is either morose as gently caress (recorded after tuesday) or joking about Trump (recorded before or on Tuesday). It's awful.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Matt sounded like a loving 13 year old girl meeting Harry Styles describing how he felt meeting.... the sound guy? Orchestra leader? God, that was embarrassing to listen to and yes it's not just you, they talk about it nearly every episode.

"Hey four-eyes, suck on this!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

He was on Sklarbro Country (now Views from the Cheap Seats) a few months ago and told some great stories about the Roseanne roast.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Their Disney characters in Hamilton was the most embarrassing thing I've heard in my life. And I've heard these old white dorks talk about Hamilton for 17 years now.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I haven't listened yet, but the Wheeler Walker Jr. character never works for me in interviews. On his albums, it's a loving genius parody. But in past interviews, you can tell Ben Hoffman has trouble deciding how ignorant Wheeler is vs the parts of him that are more progressive a la "Which One O' You Queers Is Gonna Suck My Dick"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Because it's a character played by Ben Hoffman. Ben Hoffman is a Jewish comedian and not a lude Southern country singer.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

To me, he was one of those comics who was inherently funny even if his material wasn't all that funny.

re: Chelsea Peretti... it seems that he was going through some kind of mental breakdown at the time. His wife and kids left him and apparently he wasn't taking his meds. Or maybe he was just an rear end in a top hat. Maybe a bit of both. Comics paying their respects on twitter overwhelmingly say he was a nice guy. Who knows? R.I.P.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 7, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Haha holy poo poo... why would he choose to play The Greek? I deleted NNF from my subs but I gotta listen to them talk about that ASAP.

edit: Dude seems chill and has a really good sense of humor about it but it’s hosed up nobody told him this was beyond a bad idea... or told him it’s a music venue 99% of the time... or that late Dec nights in LA are 40 degrees... or that a large chunk of the city leaves town by then... or that $50 tickets for an unknown don’t play well in a city with 10 free shows every night. I just hope he didn’t lose too much money... At any rate, it makes me want to check out his stand-up YouTube!

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 23, 2017

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

piratepilates posted:

So uh, did everyone stop listening or something? Last post was in April.

I hope they stopped talking about Hamilton

Pretty much. I started listening when they jumped on Earwolf and when my podcast subscription numbers were a lot less. Not a hard decision to drop "1 Funny Guy and A Bunch of Bland Guys" sometime last year, especially when the Hamilton talk went on for YEARS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone still listening? I haven't subscribed to Player's Club for a year and based on the guest list, I've had no regrets (the one episode I was bummed I missed, Scott Aukerman, was released on the free feed anyway). For the first time I didn't bother with Pardcast-a-thon. I skipped a few episodes, listened to Yakov Smirnoff and Jay Mohr... both were meh. It's just a bunch of old white men repeating the same tired jokes and doing the same bits over and over again, and getting stuff wrong a lot (I swear Matt Belknap is the loving KING of misinformation). I think this show just isn't for me anymore, but I've been with it for so long I'm reluctant to cut the cord.

Nope! Multiple years (can't believe I typed YEARS) of Hamilton talk knocked me out. What's Matt been misinforming people of lately?

The sad thing is that if Pardo wanted to do something new, he's talented enough and funny enough to do so. It's like a bad morning show except all the usual spots like Wacky Guy are filled with 3 variations of Boring Guy.