Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
You know, I really do like the art style a lot more. I guess the cartoony feel the game has from those rounded edges you mentioned, and the way COs are so much more animated in battle just brings it to life so much more than the later games. AW2 is better in the gameplay sense but this game just oozes charm and I like that a lot.

The final mission also took me loving forever the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Yeah, it's kind of a shame that naval battles basically never happen because of how ridiculously rich you need to be to really crank that stuff out.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
AW1 has a fairly surprising number of little choices like that, especially when it comes to ways of picking a certain something at the end of the game.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Andy, because I'd rather we mix this up rather than have 3 straight shots.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

gameface posted:

That picture is very well-made. What source is the background from? I assume you put the AW sprites in yourself?

google

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
My vote is for notmax, because seriously, 4-4-4 is kinda boring.

Or I guess Andy followed by Sami/

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Since no one has pointed it out I assume I'm the only one with the problem, but I can't seem to see any images in the latest update for some reason.

e: in fact I get a forbidden 403 error if I try opening the image in a new tab. And it's just this update, as far as I can tell.

e2: nevermind figured out the problem, it was on my end.

Vicas fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 5, 2012

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Hahahahah that's awesome.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Sami, then Max.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Max then Andy

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Sami/Andy

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
hit me up with Max

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
This mission in Advance Wars is so weird, especially when you see the emphasis so far on being smart about using your units on pre-deployed maps so far. As a massive slugfest it's basically the polar opposite, and beyond Enigma! you won't be seeing this type of battle outside of the War Room maps.

It's a really weird left turn at the end of the game, but I think that through it they managed to find a happy medium to use in AW2, where most missions involve bases but few of which are anywhere near as ridiculous as this one.

I beat this as a kid but the turn count was absolutely ridiculous.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

KnoxZone posted:

Dunderhead followed by Orange Star

Save the big guns for last.

I'm gonna go with this. Get the suffering out of the way early, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Ahahaha, enjoy.

• Locked thread